Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Printer setting in Solaris
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Printer setting in Solaris Post 302697923 by solaris_1977 on Friday 7th of September 2012 02:56:58 PM
Old 09-07-2012
As per the doc, to set duplex setting -
PHP Code:
lpadmin -print-queue -o Duplex=None 
Can we set simplex setting default as permanent on printer ? That way it will print all jobs on non-duplex setting.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

setting up a network printer

Hello people, I'm attempting to setup a printer connection to a printer running off the NT printer server, but with little success. I'm using the admintool, go to ADD printers...where it offers 'local' and 'access to printer'. I have chosen the 'access to printer' option as i'm attempting to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: colesy
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Setting a HP printer under Solaris 9

Hello. I am trying to make work HP printer Deskjet 692C. I have Solaris 9 x86. I tried to use admintool: I choosed 'HP-printer' and 'Postscript filter' options. When I want to print something, instead of the text, the printer prints many pages of some kind of code or whatever... ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Peter123456789
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Solaris 8 setting up a remote printer queue

I have a printer installed over ADSL to a router at a remote location. A Windows printer queue has been setup and working and I can ping the IP address from the Solaris server. I now want to add a printer queue for this printer under Solaris, but I am unsure how to setup a remote printer queue.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: miredale
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Printer can't be removed under Solaris 10

Dear all, we are running a Solaris 10 8/08 Sparc system called 'test-s' where #lpstat -t shows such a line: system for mps2_p: printer-s (as lpd://printer-s/printers/mps2_p#Solaris) How can we get rid of this entry because #lpstat -x mps2_p says 'unknown printer'. THX for any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xunil321
1 Replies

5. AIX

Setting up Local printer AIX 5

Hi folks need some help here. We have a RS6000 running AIX. It is almost never used anymore, but we need to print off some data. I have a paralell printer conected to the parrallel port, but have no idea where to go from here. The printer was originall named named LP01. If the users telnetinto the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prator
2 Replies

6. AIX

Setting up Printer

Hi All, This is katherine and I am kind of new to AIX and has got the following request to set up the printer. Can anybody guide me to fullfill the following request step by step. The request is as follows: "We have been asked to set up the following printer in Oracle: UNIX queue ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: katherine2008
1 Replies

7. HP-UX

Setting printer paper length using unix commands

Hi Guys, I have been trying to resolve a printing problem but nothing works out . I have an Epson LQ 680 (dot matrix printer) . I need to print a file . The paper length should be 34 .Left margin should be 5. I have tried the following things after researching from the man pages. pr -t... (24 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kar1234
24 Replies

8. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Change printer setting

I have Solaris-10 server and want to change default printer setting to Simplex (Instead of duplex, which is set currently). I am not able to see anything in conf file related to this setting. Please help. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Setting Printer margins

Hi, I have Aix 6.1. Installed the Ricoh Unix print filter, to allow us to print to a Ricoh 5001. So I send text documents to the printer using the qprt command and set the print job finishing options using the Ricoh commands passed using -o options. Eg. qprt -Pfin200 -o collate=on -o text... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: max5000
7 Replies

10. AIX

Setting up printer in AIX 6.1

Hi All, I have been trying to configure an HP laserjet printer on an AIX6.1 server through network as well as remote. This is the first time i am configuring a printer on AIX. I had been using smitty butwhile configuring, i am getting blank/stuck at "software to support the printer attachment... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rockyc3400
10 Replies
TXP(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						    TXP(4)

NAME
txp -- 3Com 3XP Typhoon/Sidewinder (3CR990) Ethernet interface SYNOPSIS
txp* at pci? dev ? function ? DESCRIPTION
The txp interface provides access to the 10Mb/s and 100Mb/s Ethernet networks via the 3Com Typhoon/Sidewinder chipset. This driver supports the following cards: o 3Com 3CR990-TX-95 o 3Com 3CR990-TX-97 o 3Com 3CR990SVR95 o 3Com 3CR990SVR97 Basic Ethernet functions are provided as well as support for vlan(4) tag removal and insertion assistance, receive ip(4), tcp(4), and udp(4) checksum offloading, and transmit ip(4) checksum offloading. There is currently no support for transmit tcp(4) or udp(4) checksum offload- ing, tcp(4) segmentation, nor ipsec(4) acceleration. Note that hardware checksumming is only used when the interface is not in bridge(4) mode. Each of the host's network addresses is specified at boot time with an SIOCSIFADDR ioctl(2). The txp interface employs the address resolu- tion protocol described in arp(4) to dynamically map between Internet and Ethernet addresses on the local network. When a txp interface is brought up, by default, it will attempt to auto-negotiate the link speed and duplex mode. The speeds, in order of attempt, are: 100Mb/s Full Duplex, 100Mb/s Half Duplex, 10 Mb/s Full Duplex, and 10 Mb/s Half Duplex. The txp supports several media types, which are selected via the ifconfig(8) command. The supported media types are: media autoselect Attempt to autoselect the media type (default) media 100baseTX mediaopt full-duplex Use 100baseTX, full duplex media 100baseTX [mediaopt half-duplex] Use 100baseTX, half duplex media 10baseT mediaopt full-duplex Use 10baseT, full duplex media 10baseT [mediaopt half-duplex] Use 10baseT, half duplex SEE ALSO
arp(4), ifmedia(4), inet(4), intro(4), ip(4), netintro(4), pci(4), tcp(4), udp(4), vlan(4), ifconfig(8) HISTORY
The txp driver first appeared in NetBSD 2.0. BSD
August 21, 2003 BSD