Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Problem running a cron job
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Problem running a cron job Post 302368410 by anaigini45 on Wednesday 4th of November 2009 08:35:05 PM
Old 11-04-2009
Problem running a cron job

I have created a cron job for the vtiger workflow to execute the shell file named com_vtiger_workflow.sh to run the workflow.

I've created the following line in crotab -e :

Code:
00 13 * * * /var/www/html/prashant/cron/modules/com_vtiger_workflow/com_vtiger_tiger_workflow.sh | mail -s 'Check Workflow' abc@mail.com.my

It is supposed to fire a mail to me at the specified time, but it does not work.

The contents of the file are as follows :

Code:
export VTIGERCRM_ROOTDIR=`dirname "$0"`/../../..
export USE_PHP=php

cd $VTIGERCRM_ROOTDIR

$USE_PHP -f vtigercron.php service="com_vtiger_workflow"

Pls help me solve this problem.

Last edited by pludi; 11-05-2009 at 03:02 AM.. Reason: code tags, please...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Cron Job Not Running

Hi, I have a cron schedule like this 04,16,28,40,52 * * * * /nag/startProcessABatch (unix script) i want to add new lines in this file (like Logging), i just copy this file into a /tmp folder (for backup copy), and i have edited this file (added few lines of code for logging). ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nag_sundaram
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cron job entry not running

Hi, I am facing this problem . My Cronjob entry is not running !!! I am having Sun solaris 9 and cronjob entry is "45 1 * * * /safedir/rdns/opt/RDNS1.1Scripts/drpl_audit_log_script.sh_orig > /dev/null 2>&1" Now when I try to look in the output log files it creates, it is some file with... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hkapil
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

cron job is not running

hi, i have the following line in the crontab 15 5 * * 6 /home/adw/BCE_ADW.pl The problem is the cron job is not getting started automatically. But this was working til last week. now it is not working. what could be the problem. Any idea? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Suguna
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cron job not running to completion

am running a cron job to do a backup of all user files. the script runs properly in the terminal but only backups about 20% of the files when run by cron. the Linux system is running BASH as far as I can tell. the symbols $FILE and $DIRECTORY are defined properly and the following is the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: novice633
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cron job not running

Hi All, I am editing crontab using -e option to add a new job Below is the line 30 * * * * scriptpath This job is not executing every thirty minutes. I have checked, cron daemon is running. What did I miss? Can some one help? I am using cron shell..ksh (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: yabhi_22
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cron job running problem

Hi Guys, I am trying to run a script through contab. The script can only be executed once user logs in as su - oracle. I have tested the script other then cronjob and it executes successfully, more over the paths used in the script are absolute paths. Crontab entries are as as below.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Asteroid
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

cron job and running program

Dear experts, I have this cronjob * */2 * * * $path/supervisor.sh The supervisor script is checking another script, which initializes the final scripts in multiple directories. Note that the supervisor script runs without the cronjob. In each directory, I have the following script: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TheTransporter
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Cron job is not running

Hi, I have set up the crontab as follows. root@IDC4VASAPP07 # crontab -l 0-59 * * * * /var/tmp/r.sh 0-59 * * * * date >> /var/tmp/log root@IDC4VASAPP07 # r.sh is as follows. root@IDC4VASAPP07 # cat r.sh #!/bin/bash dt1=$(perl -e 'use POSIX;print strftime... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: SunilB2011
10 Replies

9. Solaris

Cron job running even after cron is removed

Hi , I have removed a cron for particular user , but cron job seems to be running even after the cron entry is removed. The purpose of the cron was to sendmail to user ( it uses mailx utility ) I have restarted cron and sendmail service still user is getting mail alerts from the cron job. And... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

CRON job still running?

Hi All, I am writing a script that will eventually be executed by a cron job every 15 minutes. I want to make sure that my logic/script doesn't get executed if a previous job is still running. What would be the best way to handle that scenario? I was thinking to make my script create a temporary... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rdogadin
1 Replies
AT(1)							      General Commands Manual							     AT(1)

NAME
at - execute commands at a later time SYNOPSIS
at [ -c ] [ -s ] [ -m ] time [ day ] [ file ] DESCRIPTION
At spools away a copy of the named file to be used as input to sh(1) or csh(1). If the -c flag (for (csh(1))) or the -s flag (for (sh(1))) is specified, then that shell will be used to execute the job; if no shell is specified, the current environment shell is used. If no file name is specified, at prompts for commands from standard input until a ^D is typed. If the -m flag is specified, mail will be sent to the user after the job has been run. If errors occur during execution of the job, then a copy of the error diagnostics will be sent to the user. If no errors occur, then a short message is sent informing the user that no errors occurred. The format of the spool file is as follows: A four line header that includes the owner of the job, the name of the job, the shell used to run the job, and whether mail will be set after the job is executed. The header is followed by a cd command to the current directory and a umask command to set the modes on any files created by the job. Then at copies all relevant environment variables to the spool file. When the script is run, it uses the user and group ID of the creator of the spool file. The time is 1 to 4 digits, with an optional following `A', `P', `N' or `M' for AM, PM, noon or midnight. One and two digit numbers are taken to be hours, three and four digits to be hours and minutes. If no letters follow the digits, a 24 hour clock time is understood. The optional day is either (1) a month name followed by a day number, or (2) a day of the week; if the word `week' follows, invocation is moved seven days further off. Names of months and days may be recognizably truncated. Examples of legitimate commands are at 8am jan 24 at -c -m 1530 fr week at -s -m 1200n week At programs are executed by periodic execution of the command /usr/libexec/atrun from cron(8). The granularity of at depends upon the how often atrun is executed. Error output is lost unless redirected or the -m flag is requested, in which case a copy of the errors is sent to the user via mail(1). FILES
/usr/spool/at spooling area /usr/spool/at/yy.ddd.hhhh.* job file /usr/spool/at/past directory where jobs are executed from /usr/spool/at/lasttimedone last time atrun was run /usr/libexec/atrun executor (run by cron(8)) SEE ALSO
atq(1), atrm(1), calendar(1), sleep(1), cron(8) DIAGNOSTICS
Complains about various syntax errors and times out of range. BUGS
Due to the granularity of the execution of /usr/libexec/atrun, there may be bugs in scheduling things almost exactly 24 hours into the future. If the system crashes, mail is not sent to the user informing them that the job was not completed. Sometimes old spool files are not removed from the directory /usr/spool/at/past. This is usually due to a system crash, and requires that they be removed by hand. 4th Berkeley Distribution October 21, 1996 AT(1)