Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: PCMCIA-FreeBSD
Operating Systems BSD PCMCIA-FreeBSD Post 302324445 by _R3d on Wednesday 10th of June 2009 05:54:12 PM
Old 06-10-2009
pcmcia is enabled in the kernel by default.
try using sysinstall to configure the card under the "interfaces" menu.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

2.4.9 Linux Kernel & PCMCIA Wireless Problems

We are installing a PrismII chipset wireless PCMCIA card with a new 2.4.9 linux kernel. The card is a D-Link DWL-650. The 2.4.9 kernel uses the orinoco_cs.o driver. Anyone running this configuration? The 2.4.9 Linux kernel has built in PCMCIA support and the README says it supports the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Neo
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

PCMCIA Hardware Problem

Hi, I have a Dell Inspiron 4000 that I am using to run Redhat Linux 7.1. This machine had 128Mb of RAM in it, and I upgraded to 512Mb. Since this, the PCMCIA cards have disappeared from the system running under Linux, although they still work under windows and the file "/var/lib/pcmcia/stab"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ghoti
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

forcing irq on PCMCIA card

ENV: linux Version: Mandrake 8.1, PCMCIA card: longshine lcs-8534TB. (supported according the PCMCIA docs) laptop is P-II lifetec /etc/sysconfig/pcmcia: PCMCIA=yes PCIC=i82365 ( found via probe -m ) PCIC_OPTS="cs_irq=11 pci_irq_list=11,11 do_scan=0" ( you see i want to force irq 11 )... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: progressdll
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

would like to purchase pcmcia modem that is supported by RedHat 7.3

I am using an IBM 390E laptop with a built-in LT modem which RH 7.3 does not notice. I would like to know if there are any pcmcia modems that are supported by version 7.3. If so, what is the propduct and where can I purchase it? Thanks!! adrienb:confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: adrienb
2 Replies

5. IP Networking

BELKIN 'F5D5020' 16bit PCMCIA - FreeBSD HOWTO

Hey all, I've bought a few bits from Belkin who seem quite happy to support FreeBSD! Last time I bought a UPS from them and it's still going well :D I saw this on their website that the 16bit PCMCIA card was supported under FreeBSD: http://www.belkin.com/network/F5D5020.html I went to my... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: WIntellect
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris 8 and PCMCIA

Hi, I justed manged to install Solaris 8 on my Laptop, the only problem I have got is that It does not find my PCMCIA card. I need it to find my card so I can connect the Laptop to my LAN. I am using a 3Com LAN card model number is 3CCE589ET. This card work with Linux with no problems. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chamkila
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

PCMCIA problems

Hi I recently installed Mandrake 9 on my laptop. It has 2 PCMCIA slots, and in one of them I usually keep one of my network cards (ones an Accton 2216, the other a Surecom EP-427). Under mandrake when my computer started up (and went into runlevel 5) it attempted to start 'network' and then... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: KrazyGuyPaul
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Error installing linksys pcm200 pcmcia card

Hi, I keep getting an error when I insert a pcm200 card on my laptop. The Error: Card type 32-bit cardbus is unsupported I am using freebsd 4.11 thanks lucky (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: luckyarab
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Command to Analyze a PCMCIA Card

Is there a command that will verify what type of file system is located on a PCMCIA Card without having to mount the card? Thank you. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kilemark
1 Replies
AN(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						     AN(4)

NAME
an -- Aironet 4500/4800 and Cisco 340/350 series wireless network driver SYNOPSIS
an* at pcmcia? function ? an* at pci? dev ? function ? an* at isapnp? DESCRIPTION
The an driver provides support for Aironet Communications 4500/4800 and Cisco Aironet 340/350 series wireless network adapters. This includes the ISA, PCI and PCMCIA varieties. The 4500 series adapters operate at 1 and 2Mbps while the 4800 series and 340/350 series can operate at 1, 2, 5.5 and 11Mbps. The ISA, PCI and PCMCIA devices are all based on the same core PCMCIA modules and all have the same pro- gramming interface, however unlike the Lucent WaveLAN/IEEE cards, the ISA and PCI cards appear to the host as normal ISA and PCI devices and do not require any PCMCIA support. The PCMCIA Aironet cards require PCMCIA support. ISA cards can either be configured to use ISA Plug and Play or to use a particular I/O address and IRQ by properly setting the DIP switches on the board. (The default switch setting is for plug and play.) The an driver has Plug and Play support and will work in either configuration, however when using a hard-wired I/O address and IRQ, the driver configuration and the NIC's switch settings must agree. PCI cards require no switch settings of any kind and will be automatically probed and attached. All host/device interaction with the Aironet cards is via programmed I/O. The Aironet devices support 802.11 and 802.3 frames, power manage- ment, BSS (infrastructure) and IBSS (ad-hoc) operation modes. The an driver encapsulates all IP and ARP traffic as 802.11 frames, however it can receive either 802.11 or 802.3 frames. Transmit speed is selectable between 1Mbps, 2Mbps, 5.5Mbps, 11Mbps, or ``auto'' (the NIC automat- ically chooses the best speed). By default, the an driver configures the Aironet card to join an access point with an SSID of null string. For ad-hoc mode, in which sta- tions can communicate among each other without the aid of an access point, the driver must be set using ifconfig(8). For more information on configuring this device, see ifconfig(8) and ifmedia(4). HARDWARE
Cards supported by the an driver include: Aironet 4500 Series Aironet 4800 Series Cisco Aironet 340 Series Cisco Aironet 350 Series DIAGNOSTICS
an%d: init failed The Aironet card failed to come ready after an initialization command was issued. an%d: failed to allocate %d bytes on NIC The driver was unable to allocate memory for transmit frames in the NIC's on-board RAM. an%d: device timeout The Aironet card failed to generate an interrupt to acknowledge a transmit command. SEE ALSO
arp(4), ifmedia(4), netintro(4), ifconfig(8) HISTORY
The an device driver first appeared in FreeBSD 4.0, and then in NetBSD 1.6. AUTHORS
The an driver was written by Bill Paul <wpaul@ee.columbia.edu>. BSD
December 13, 2000 BSD