Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers SCO OpenServer 5 Will Not Boot Post 303027264 by spock9458 on Wednesday 12th of December 2018 04:03:54 PM
Old 12-12-2018
Major Update - I was able to find a brand-new motherboard that is the exact model as the one I had in the old hardware. I spent the morning replacing it and reconnecting everything, and the system now boots up. It appears to be recognizing the cd-rom, and I have installed the LAN card using netconfig, and the system automatically selected the type of card to install. However, there appears to be some "clean-up" needed which I assume is arising from the new motherboard. First - the system says I have no licenses for SCO, and when I go into "scoadmin license" it lists all of my licenses but shows them all as "Expired". Will I need to uninstall them, then reinstall and reregister with Xinuos? I have a contact there from when I had trouble before, so that should not be a problem. Second - even though I installed the LAN card, I cannot ping in or out of the system, and I think it's because of this error I'm getting: "Warning: ip_output: TCP/IP Not Licensed" Would this also be cleared up with relicensing the system through Xinous? I feel pretty lucky to have gotten this far, I hope these final hurdles can be overcome. Please advise if you know how I should proceed. Thanks for ALL HELP!!

Oh, and a follow-up - would I still need to install the updated LAN drivers that I obtained per a previous post in this thread? Thanks again.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help For SCO OpenServer

I've just installed Unix SCO OpenServer System v in an Intel PC and Everithing ok, except just one thing, in the begining of the installation the wizard asked me about the mouse , i have a generic 3 buttons mouse and i took a logitech and did not work i need to change the mouse configuration, ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmyvaldes
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sco openserver 5.5

hello! when i try to make my system dual boot with both win98 & sco open server 5.5 it doesn't work at all.neither win98 take start nor sco open server boots.what should i do ? kindly help me thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: buntty
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SCO 5.0.2 openserver

I am doing some work for a customer that is running SCO 5.0.2 openserver and they have lost their cd. Is there anyplace I can download it? I have a replacement being shipped but it will not be here for two days and they are down. Any ideals? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SCOoT
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

boot failure SCO 5.0.6 OpenServer

hello guys. I just installed SCO 5.0.6 OpenServer it went all the way to the end of the installation and the first boot try it gave me this message. not a directory boot not found cannot open stage 1 boot failure: error loading hd (40)/boot (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: josramon
2 Replies

5. SCO

Ethereal for SCO OpenServer 5.0.7???

Which version of Ethereal can I use for SCO OpenServer 5.0.7??? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bean2
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SCO Openserver 6.0

Hi there guys. I just got this new SCO version and i'm having some problem printing from shell, This is what i'm typing at the # sign : lp -dHP /etc/hosts and it prints no problem but when i use any other user at the $ sign it gives me this error. /dev/fd/7: /usr/lib/lp/sysv/7: not found. ... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SCO Openserver 6.0

Hi guys, I just got this new 6.0 version and i'm trying to setup a remote office to telnet to this server running sco 6.0, in previous version all i have to do is add this file under /etc/rc2.d call S99route and put the gate in that file and that was it, for some reason in 6.0 it does not... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

8. SCO

sco openserver 5.0.7

Dear members when i installed dual processor patch in openserver 5.0.7 in hp ML370 G4 server it hangs in sco at G_hd_config. i tried MP4, EFS 5.64,5.70A but not solved the problem.. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: M_farooqui
0 Replies

9. SCO

sco openserver 5.0.0 boot / root disk

Hi, I have an openserver 5.0.0 machine in the office. The sysad of that machine left years ago without leaving the password to anyone. I was wondering if someone has a copy of the boot / root diskettes (rescue) for this version? Or perhaps if anyone knows a download link / location in the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: marcpascual
0 Replies

10. SCO

I need SCO Openserver 4.2!!!!

I need SCO Openserver 4.2. Please, give me distributive of that version SCO:eek: (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: caine
0 Replies
CNW(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						    CNW(4)

NAME
cnw -- Netwave AirSurfer wireless network driver SYNOPSIS
cnw* at pcmcia? function ? DESCRIPTION
The cnw interface provides access to a theoretical 1 Mb/s wireless Ethernet network based on the Netwave AirSurfer Wireless LAN (formerly known as the Xircom Netwave Wireless LAN). Note that the driver does not support newer devices such as the Netwave AirSurfer ``Plus'', or the BayStack 650/660. These devices are sup- ported by the awi(4) driver. Netwave devices are not compatible with IEEE 802.11 wireless networks. Also note that there are Netwave devices with different wireless fre- quency, depending on the radio band plan in each country. The card uses 36K of I/O memory mapped to the card. You may need to increase memory space available to the PCMCIA controller. See pcmcia(4) for details. In use, the cards appear to achieve up to a 420Kb/s transfer rate, though a transfer rate between 250Kb/s and 350Kb/s is typical. The card operates in the 2.4GHz frequency range and is subject to interference from microwaves, IEEE 802.11 wireless network devices, as well as earth. For example, it seems that IEEE 802.11 channel 14 conflicts with Netwave (US frequency). They interfere with each other if they are both operated in the same geographic region, causing weird packet loss. You may be able to avoid the interference with IEEE 802.11 devices, by changing the IEEE 802.11 channel. HARDWARE
Cards supported by the cnw driver include: Xircom CreditCard Netwave NetWave AirSurfer DIAGNOSTICS
cnw0: can't map memory Indicates that the driver was not able to allocate enough PCMCIA bus address space into which to map the device. See pcmcia(4) and increase memory available to the PCMCIA controller. SEE ALSO
arp(4), awi(4), inet(4), intro(4), pcmcia(4), cnwctl(8) BSD
January 5, 1997 BSD