Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Script to email status
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script to email status Post 302858613 by khchong on Tuesday 1st of October 2013 02:25:30 AM
Old 10-01-2013
Hi,
thanks for the coding.
I have below files in my server:
Code:
output1.log
output2.log
output3.log
output4.log
output5.log
output6.log
output7.log
output8.log
output9.log
output10.log
output11.log
output12.log

when I do ls -1 | sort it will comes out as below:
Code:
output1.log
output10.log
output11.log
output12.log
output2.log
output3.log
output4.log
output5.log
output6.log
output7.log
output8.log
output9.log

The output10.log, output11.log, output12.log are comes out after output1.log, how could I sort the logfiles in the order where output10.log, output11.log and output12.log etc are come out after output9.log?

Thanks

Last edited by Franklin52; 10-01-2013 at 08:26 AM.. Reason: Please use code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk to find the status and send an email

Hi, I have a datafile which has the following data and it can have much more records. The data set is as follows: ISA~00~ ~00~ ~ZZ~F159B ~ZZ~U1CAD ~051215~184 3~U~00200~000011432~0~P~< GS~FA~TC11A~U1CAD~051215~1843~000011432~X~002002 ST~997~0001... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: isingh786
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

check the status and send an email with status

Hi, We have a text file which has the following data. ISA~00~ ~00~ ~ZZ~VISTN ~ZZ~U1CAD ~051227~183 7~U~00200~000011258~0~P~< GS~FA~EE05J~U1CAD~051227~1831~000011258~X~002002 ST~997~0001 AK1~SH~247 AK2~856~2470001 AK5~A AK2~856~2470002 AK5~A... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: isingh786
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to send email after comparing the folder permissions to a certain permission & send email

Hello , I am trying to write a unix shell script to compare folder permission to say drwxr-x-wx and then send an email to my id in case the folders don't have the drwxr-x-wx permissions set for them . I have been trying to come up with a script for few days now , pls help me:( (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nairshar
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Email Status shell script

I have written a bash script to to sort the data from logs i need some help in printing the outputs , i dont have much ideas in bah scripting. Sample script ----------------------- #!/bin/bash a=`date | cut -d " " -f2,2,3` cat /var/log/maillog |grep "$a" |grep -E -e 'deferred|bounced'... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: unimaxlin
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help....script check status if see something then send email

autorep -m bogus Machine Name Max Load Current Load Factor O/S Status ___________ ________ ___________ ______ ________ ______ bogus --- --- 1.00 Sys Agent Online Status ______ Online Offline Missing Unqualified The "Status" always "Online". I like create a script execute run... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dotran
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script for continuously checking status of a another script running in background, and immedia

Hi, I want to write a script which continuously checking status of a script running in background by nohup command. And if same script is not running then immediately start the script...please help.. i am using below command to run script nohup system_traps.sh & but in some... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ketanraut
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script will keep checking running status of another script and also restart called script at night

I am using blow script :-- #!/bin/bash FIND=$(ps -elf | grep "snmp_trap.sh" | grep -v grep) #check snmp_trap.sh is running or not if then # echo "process found" exit 0; else echo "process not found" exec /home/Ketan_r /snmp_trap.sh 2>&1 & disown -h ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ketanraut
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need output of script on screen and file with correct return status of the called script.

Hi, I am trying to capture logs of the script in the file as well as on the screen. I have used exec and tee command for this. While using exec command I am getting the correct output in the file but, script output is not getting displayed on the screen as it get executed. Below is my sample... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prathmesh
14 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Send Disk Space Usage Status via email

Hi Guys, Is there any way I can write a script that sends DISK SPACE USAGE STATUS via email once a week? Thanks, (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: g4v1n
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Automation script for email alert when a job get complete with status successful.

Guyz, Please let me know about script which is to be sending an automatic email to particular mail id's when a monotoring job get complete with status successful. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rehan Ahmad
1 Replies
jobs(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   jobs(1)

NAME
jobs - Displays status of jobs in the current session SYNOPSIS
jobs [-l | -p] job_id... [Tru64 UNIX] jobs [-n] job_id... Note The C shell has a built-in version of the jobs command. If you are using the C shell, and want to guarantee that you are using the command described here, you must specify the full path /usr/bin/jobs. See the csh(1) reference page for a description of the built-in command. STANDARDS
Interfaces documented on this reference page conform to industry standards as follows: jobs: XCU5.0 Refer to the standards(5) reference page for more information about industry standards and associated tags. OPTIONS
Provides more information about each job listed. This information includes the job number, current job, process group ID, state and the command that formed the job. Displays only the process IDs for the process group leaders of the selected jobs. [Tru64 UNIX] Displays jobs that have stopped or exited since last notified. By default, the jobs utility displays the status of all stopped jobs, running background jobs and all jobs whose status has changed and has not been reported by the shell. OPERANDS
Specifies the jobs for which the status is to be displayed. If no job_id operand is given, the status information for all jobs is dis- played. The format of job_id is described in the Jobs section of the ksh(1) reference page. DESCRIPTION
The jobs utility displays the status of jobs that were started in the current shell environment. When jobs reports the termination status of a job, the shell removes its process ID from the list of those "known in the current shell exe- cution environment". See the Jobs section of the ksh(1) reference page. RESTRICTIONS
The jobs utility does not work as expected when it is operating in its own utility execution environment because that environment has no applicable jobs to manipulate. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: Successful completion. An error occurred. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
The following environment variables affect the execution of jobs: Provides a default value for the internationalization variables that are unset or null. If LANG is unset or null, the corresponding value from the default locale is used. If any of the internationalization vari- ables contain an invalid setting, the utility behaves as if none of the variables had been defined. If set to a non-empty string value, overrides the values of all the other internationalization variables. Determines the locale for the interpretation of sequences of bytes of text data as characters (for example, single-byte as opposed to multibyte characters in arguments). Determines the locale used to affect the format and contents of diagnostic messages written to standard error and informative messages written to standard output. Determines the location of message catalogues for the processing of LC_MESSAGES. SEE ALSO
Commands: bg(1), csh(1), fg(1), kill(1), ksh(1), sh(1p), wait(1) Standards: standards(5) jobs(1)