Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Solaris networking
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris networking Post 302465122 by jld on Thursday 21st of October 2010 04:47:27 PM
Old 10-21-2010
Code:
bash-3.00# ndd -get /dev/ip ip_forwarding

bash-3.00# ndd -get /dev/ip e1000g0:ip_forwarding
bash-3.00# ndd -get /dev/ip e1000g1:ip_forwarding

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

networking

dear sir how many name server can be configured in single machine? thank you very much. sandeep goel (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ask_goel
3 Replies

2. IP Networking

networking

HI guys/gals basic question lets say i am running a network. lets say i am using Win Me. how would i network Win Me to a computer that has linux and another that has 98 well the 98 is no problem but the linux well i have an idea but i am rusty with linux. No i have rusted out. Would you make... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pydyer
1 Replies

3. IP Networking

networking between two solaris workstations

I am trying to network two solaris workstations(ultra sparc 5) at home. what shoud I use to build the one of workstations as a http and ftp server and to network with the other workstation? (please explain to me in detail.. what kind of software or equipment do I need..) Thanks John (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jung1975
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Configuring networking interfaces on Solaris 10

Hi, I am trying to configure an ip address, netmask, and default gateway on my solaris machine. For example, in Linux I would do the following command: #ifconfig eth0 xx.xx.xx.xx netmask 255.0.0.0 #add route or route add default xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx In Solaris 10, I believe the commands are... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: annointed3
7 Replies

5. Solaris

solaris networking

may i know what is the command for configure new ip, subnet mask and gateway ?? thanks .. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Farbegas
3 Replies

6. IP Networking

solaris 8 networking routing

hi all, how do i make sure that the new routing should take effect on the os memory right away? what should i run after i add all the new "route add ....". I have an example below: bash-2.03# netstat -rn Routing Table: IPv4 Destination Gateway Flags Ref Use Interface... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itik
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris 10 Networking

I have just installed Solaris 10 for x86. The install seemed to have worked fine, and I have configured my hostname and am able to login and do whatever. However, networking does not seem to have been installed. I have a router which assigns ip address via DHCP. I would have thought Solaris would... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phobos
5 Replies

8. IP Networking

Solaris Networking - help

Hi all Right, i need to admit Im c4p on networking. I hate it, always have, always will. Here's my problem Ive got 3 hosts. A B and C. I need to directly contact host C from host A, but at the moment I have to ssh on to B, to then ssh on to C. so, I need to set up host b, to forward... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbk1972
3 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris networking problem

e1000g0: flags=1000843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,MULTICAST,IPv4> mtu 1500 index 2 inet 10.13.157.127 netmask ffffffc0 broadcast 10.135.151.191 ether 0:14:4f:a0:e3:3a e1000g1: flags=1000803<UP,BROADCAST,MULTICAST,IPv4> mtu 1500 index 8 inet 10.13.157.227 netmask ffffffc0... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunnybee
3 Replies

10. IP Networking

Can Solaris VPN to a Server without breaking it's other networking rules !?

Hi All, Actually a very basic question this one. I've got a Solaris 10 x86 server box on a network. There are a group of other servers I need to connect to from it, but via a VPN connection. If I install a vpn client on my solaris box, can I configure the VPN connection so it only routes certain... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mikecouk
1 Replies
ndd(1M) 						  System Administration Commands						   ndd(1M)

NAME
ndd - get and set driver configuration parameters SYNOPSIS
ndd [-set] driver parameter [value] DESCRIPTION
ndd gets and sets selected configuration parameters in some kernel drivers. Currently, ndd only supports the drivers that implement the TCP/IP Internet protocol family. Each driver chooses which parameters to make visible using ndd. Since these parameters are usually tightly coupled to the implementation, they are likely to change from release to release. Some parameters may be read-only. If the -set option is omitted, ndd queries the named driver, retrieves the value associated with the specified parameter, and prints it. If the -set option is given, ndd passes value, which must be specified, down to the named driver which assigns it to the named parameter. By convention, drivers that support ndd also support a special read-only parameter named ``?'' which can be used to list the parameters supported by the driver. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Getting Parameters Supported By The TCP Driver To see which parameters are supported by the TCP driver, use the following command: example% ndd /dev/tcp ? The parameter name ``?'' may need to be escaped with a backslash to prevent its being interpreted as a shell meta character. The following command sets the value of the parameter ip_forwarding in the dual stack IP driver to zero. This disables IPv4 packet forward- ing. example% ndd -set /dev/ip ip_forwarding 0 Similarly, in order to disable IPv6 packet forwarding, the value of parameter ip6_forwarding example% ndd -set /dev/ip ip6_forwarding 0 To view the current IPv4 forwarding table, use the following command: example% ndd /dev/ip ipv4_ire_status To view the current IPv6 forwarding table, use the following command: example% ndd /dev/ip ipv6_ire_status ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
nca(1), ioctl(2), attributes(5), arp(7P), ip(7P), ip6(7P), tcp(7P), udp(7P) NOTES
The parameters supported by each driver may change from release to release. Like programs that read /dev/kmem, user programs or shell scripts that execute ndd should be prepared for parameter names to change. The ioctl() command that ndd uses to communicate with drivers is likely to change in a future release. User programs should avoid making dependencies on it. The meanings of many ndd parameters make sense only if you understand how the driver is implemented. SunOS 5.10 8 Nov 1999 ndd(1M)