Sponsored Content
Special Forums Hardware How to make terminals with a PC(UNIX/LInux) support? Post 302433106 by haixiao_liu on Monday 28th of June 2010 01:30:15 PM
Old 06-28-2010
Thank you!

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

App for internet access on unix terminals

I am trying to find out what I should install to provide internet access and browsing possibilities on multiple unix terminals. Can anybody help? TNXS (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jigger
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Regarding UNIX dumb terminals

Respected members of the Forum, This is my first post. I have a few questions regarding dumb terminals and VT100 dumb terminal emulators. I have to connect a few dumb terminals to an IRIX server There are two options 1) Use Dumb terminals directly 2) Use a Terminal emulator like... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ummeed11
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix/Linux Support?

If the strength of Unix based operating systems such as Linux and Red Hat are based on the fact that they are open-source. Who will provide support for personal computers or average users that uses these operating systems. Wouldn't the absence of some structured and formal support system inhibit... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: wmosley2
8 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

one command for all unix terminals

Hi, I am working in huge environment, I do type commands from my terminal window repeadly in all same setup unix environments. I am looking some kind of a terminal emulator or some simple program that will help me? basically if type command like 'ls' in one unix terminal window it should echo... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rgmekala
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Make sure kernel was compiled with NFS server support

Hi there, I have a Debian Squeeze server. How can I check if my kernel was compiled with NFS server support? Extra question: if it is not, how do I enable NFS support in my kernel? Thanks for your help. Santiago (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chebarbudo
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Chat program between two soft terminals of my Linux machine

here i havent tried to make a communication between two terminals of different machines not either any socket program my simple aim is use ipc for chat between two soft terminals(tty's) here is my view two terminals with two applications working on same fifo one fifo b/w two terminals try... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shyam.sunder91
3 Replies
TERM(7) 						 Miscellaneous Information Manual						   TERM(7)

NAME
term - conventional names for terminals DESCRIPTION
Certain commands use these terminal names. They are maintained as part of the shell environment (see sh(1),environ(7)). adm3a Lear Seigler Adm-3a 2621 Hewlett-Packard HP262? series terminals hp Hewlett-Packard HP264? series terminals c100 Human Designed Systems Concept 100 h19 Heathkit H19 mime Microterm mime in enhanced ACT IV mode 1620 DIABLO 1620 (and others using HyType II) 300 DASI/DTC/GSI 300 (and others using HyType I) 33 TELETYPE(R) Model 33 37 TELETYPE Model 37 43 TELETYPE Model 43 735 Texas Instruments TI735 (and TI725) 745 Texas Instruments TI745 dumb terminals with no special features dialup a terminal on a phone line with no known characteristics network a terminal on a network connection with no known characteristics 4014 Tektronix 4014 vt52 Digital Equipment Corp. VT52 The list goes on and on. Consult /etc/termcap (see termcap(5)) for an up-to-date and locally correct list. Commands whose behavior may depend on the terminal either consult TERM in the environment, or accept arguments of the form -Tterm, where term is one of the names given above. SEE ALSO
stty(1), tabs(1), plot(1G), sh(1), environ(7) ex(1), clear(1), more(1), ul(1), tset(1), termcap(5), termcap(3X), ttytype(5) troff(1) for nroff BUGS
The programs that ought to adhere to this nomenclature do so only fitfully. 4th Berkeley Distribution May 20, 1985 TERM(7)