Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Bash Copy-Move file problem
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Bash Copy-Move file problem Post 302267923 by lsimoneau on Sunday 14th of December 2008 04:51:54 PM
Old 12-14-2008
It is working perfectly.
Thank you for the judicious advice.
lsimoneau

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to copy/move to a file with a special character as the 1st char in the filename?

I am trying to create files with special characters in its filenames for testing purposes. This is on a Linux RHEL4 but this should also be applicable on a Unix shell. I am able to create files with special characters in the filenames...e.g. cp -pv foo.gif \*special.gif cp -pv foo.gif \... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sqa777
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to copy or move file

I am trying to move a file that is in the root directory. I suspect it is an old file created by someone when the system was installed. I am testing accessing the file by doing a copy but the command does not find the file. I am operating as root. We are HP-UX B.11.23 I do long listing and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: phcorn
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy/move file which are not currently in use.

Hello experts, I'm doing a shell script that able to copy or move files. My situation is i have a drive ( lets say its S drive) where its receive all the files from mainframe i need to copy all the file from S drive to T drive. but only those files that are finished copied from mainframe... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: CelvinSaran
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

A copy paste problem with loops in bash

Hello All, i have a really strange copy paste problem. When I write some loops in an editor for example: for j in 1 2 3 do echo "$j" done and I want to paste it to the shell, the result in the shell is: for j in 1 2 3; do e; other commands work fine and if a copy paste... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: creamcheese
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy or Move problem

Hi All, I have a simple shell script to move .txt file(s) from a source directory one after another to the destination. The source directory is shared to windows using samba. The source files are arriving continuously and approx size is 10-15 KB. Some time the file size reached upto 100 KB and... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sraj142
9 Replies

6. Solaris

Can't erase/move/copy file!

Hey everyone!. I have a problem with a file that doesn't allow any operation on it. I can't rm,mv,cp nor any other operation to it, I get the following errors: bash-2.05# mv ora_2527.aud /bkp mv: cannot access ora_2527.aud bash-2.05# cp ora_2527.aud /bkp cp: cannot access ora_2527.aud... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dragonov7
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find file that matches today's date in filename and move to /tmp in bash

I'm having problems with my bash script. I would like to find a file matching today's date in the filename, i.e. my_file_20120902.txt and then move it to a different directory, i.e. /tmp. Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jamesi
1 Replies

8. Red Hat

Separate the apache user file and move or copy some were

Hi all, I'm Using Centos 6.4 /opt/my_aplication/entry/data/0/ There are Thousands of files in this Directory, Only i need to copy or move the apache User's file from this to /tmp/backup , I have listed apache user's file using find . -user apache -type f , its gave me the only apache... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: babinlonston
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash to move specific files from folders in find file

I have a directory /home/cmccabe/nfs/exportedReports that contains multiple folders in it. The find writes the name of each folder to out.txt. A new directory is then created in a new location /home/cmccabe/Desktop/NGS/API, named with the date. What I am trying to do, unsuccessfully at the moment,... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash to move specific files to directory based on match to file

I am trying to mv each of the .vcf files in the variants folder to the folder in /home/cmccabe/f2 that the .vcf id is found in file. $2 in file will always have the id of a .vcf in the variants folder. The line in blue staring with R_2019 in file up to the -v5.6 will always be an exact match to a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
4 Replies
gvfs-move(1)							   User Commands						      gvfs-move(1)

NAME
gvfs-move - move a file from one VFS location to another SYNOPSIS
gvfs-move source-URI destination-URI DESCRIPTION
gvfs-move moves a file from one URI location to another, using the virtual file system. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: source-URI Specifies the source file location in standard URI format. destination-URI Specifies the destination file or directory location in standard URI format. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Moving a File From a Web Server to a Local File example% gvfs-move http://www.sun.com file:///home/user/index.html ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
See environ(5) for descriptions of the following environment variables: NLSPATH. EXIT STATUS
The exit value 0 is returned regardless of success or failure. FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/gvfs-move Executable to move a file from one VFS location to another ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-gvfs | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Volatile | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
gvfs-cat(1), gvfs-copy(1), gvfs-rename(1), gvfs-info(1), gvfs-less(1), gvfs-ls(1), gvfs-mkdir(1) gvfs-monitor-dir(1), gvfs-monitor-file(1), gvfs-mount(1), gvfs-copy(1), gvfs-open(1), gvfs-rm(1), gvfs-save(1), gvfs-trash(1), gvfs-tree(1), attributes(5), environ(5) NOTES
Written by Alvaro Lopez Ortega, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2008. SunOS 5.11 25 Mar 2008 gvfs-move(1)