Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Do commands depending on the comparision Post 302114021 by msridh on Thursday 12th of April 2007 04:15:04 AM
Old 04-12-2007
Try this way.

#!/bin/ksh

MIN_FILE_COUNT=96
GET_PATH=/home/tcsmosr/tcsids; export GET_PATH

FILES_COUNT=`ls $dirname | wc -l`

if [ $FILES_COUNT -gt $MIN_FILE_COUNT ]
then
echo "commands listed here"
fi

Thanks and Regards,
msridh

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

while - comparision

Hi, Please find the attached scriplet and suggest me to fix the bug in this. ----------------------------------- noofdirs=`ls *.tar | wc -l` if ; then let i=1 while ( $i <= $noofdirs ) ; do echo $i mkdir $i file1=`ls *.tar | head -1` mv $file1 $i i =... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharif
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

To filter a certain pattern depending on neighbour

Hi, As I am new to filtering section of Unix I am facing a problem I have following lines in text file : Created RELEASE in dist/Apple_release_1_0_.zip Created RELEASE in dist/Banana_release_1_0_.zip Created RELEASE in dist/Mango_release_1_0_.zip Created RELEASE in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhaskar_m
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

exit status depending on output

Hi I have a script that does a select from a table. I want the script to return a 0 status if a specific column has 'OK' value or return 1 if this column returns 'NOT OK'. The output now is similar to: COL1 COL2 STATUS ------- --------- ------- I want to be limited to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: melanie_pfefer
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing all occurences depending on parity

I want to replace all occurences of '$' in a LaTeX source code in the following way: The dollars on odd position in the file must be changed in '$latex ' and the other dollars can remain the same. I was thinking to make a script which replaces all odd occurences of a given character with a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: beni22sof
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

To read xml value depending on property

Hi have some xml like this <example> <Cell Name="Cell1" ConfigureHost="claas" Role="APPSERV,BACKEND"> <Node Name="aaaaa" Role="APPSERV,BACKEND,CLM"/> <Node Name="vvvv" Role="APPSERV,BACKEND"/> <Mercury Type="default" FQDN="ssssss" PrimaryReturnFQDN=""/> </Cell> ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: javaholics
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

choosing executable depending on distro

Hi, I have an application in 2 different directories, one is for OpenSuSE and the other for CentOS. I wrote a script which chooses the right executable for the distribution. But it does not work. ------------------- #!/bin/bash if then ( DN="/home/apps/applicationXY/Version3.1" )... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: serverjunge
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add depending on the column

Hi all, If column 6 is negative then I want column 3 is be subtracted by 150. If column 6 is positive then I want 150 added to the value at column 2. The file that looks like this: Bull 38 158 HWI-ST600:206:D0L90ACXX:8:2214:15503:17988 0 -... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: phil_heath
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing files depending on the content

I am trying to parse files kkapjil kkpcjil kkexjil ...which have autosys job names. The objective is to parse each file...do an autorep -j <job name > -q and write it as output with a line for condition at the end of the each job. The problem I am facing is with the box jobs...as autorep -j <box... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: w020637
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Split File to 2 depending on condition?

Hi , cat myfile.txt ! 3100.2.0.5 ! 3100.2.22.4 ! 3100.2.30.33 ! 3100.2.4.1 ! ! 3100.2.0.5 ! 3100.2.22.4 ! 3100.2.22.11 ! 3100.2.4.1 ! ! 3100.2.0.5 ! 3100.2.2.50 ! 3100.2.22.11 ! 3100.2.4.1 ! ! 3100.2.0.5 ! 3100.2.22.4 ! 3100.2.30.33 ! 3100.2.4.1 ! ! 3100.2.0.5 ! 3100.2.22.4 !... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: OTNA
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split file depending on Column Value

Hi , my file look likes below , cat file.csv 12/09/2014,50,5,0,300 12/09/2014, ,5,0,300 12/09/2014,50,,,300 i need to split file , the first one contains values (2nd column is 50 , 3rd and fourth column is null ) the second file contains all others firstfile ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ubaisalih
2 Replies
DIRNAME(3)								 1								DIRNAME(3)

dirname - Returns parent directory's path

SYNOPSIS
string dirname (string $path) DESCRIPTION
Given a string containing the path of a file or directory, this function will return the parent directory's path. PARAMETERS
o $path - A path. On Windows, both slash ( /) and backslash ( ) are used as directory separator character. In other environments, it is the forward slash ( /). RETURN VALUES
Returns the path of the parent directory. If there are no slashes in $path, a dot (' .') is returned, indicating the current directory. Otherwise, the returned string is $path with any trailing /component removed. CHANGELOG
+--------+-------------------------------+ |Version | | | | | | | Description | | | | +--------+-------------------------------+ | 5.0.0 | | | | | | | dirname(3) is now binary safe | | | | +--------+-------------------------------+ EXAMPLES
Example #1 dirname(3) example <?php echo "1) " . dirname("/etc/passwd") . PHP_EOL; // 1) /etc echo "2) " . dirname("/etc/") . PHP_EOL; // 2) / (or on Windows) echo "3) " . dirname("."); // 3) . ?> NOTES
Note dirname(3) operates naively on the input string, and is not aware of the actual filesystem, or path components such as " ..". Note dirname(3) is locale aware, so for it to see the correct directory name with multibyte character paths, the matching locale must be set using the setlocale(3) function. Note Since PHP 4.3.0, you will often get a slash or a dot back from dirname(3) in situations where the older functionality would have given you the empty string. Check the following change example: <?php //before PHP 4.3.0 dirname('c:/'); // returned '.' //after PHP 4.3.0 dirname('c:/x'); // returns 'c:' dirname('c:/Temp/x'); // returns 'c:/Temp' dirname('/x'); // returns '' ?> SEE ALSO
basename(3), pathinfo(3), realpath(3). PHP Documentation Group DIRNAME(3)