Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: system log of SCO
Operating Systems SCO system log of SCO Post 302100898 by tayyabq8 on Sunday 24th of December 2006 05:09:20 AM
Old 12-24-2006
Check if syslogd is running or not, you can try System Log manager located in the System/Logs directory of the SCOadmin hierarchy and here are some other location for log files:
Code:
1) /etc/wtmp                        historical login record 
2) /usr/adm/pacct                   process accounting log file 
3) /usr/adm/messages                system messages log file 
4) /usr/adm/sulog                   su(C) log file  
5) /tcb/audittmp/                   audit system temporary files  
6) /usr/spool/uucp/LOGFILE          records of UUCP job requests, file transfers, system status  
7) /usr/spool/uucp/.Log/.Old/       old UUCP log files stored by uudemon.clean
8) /usr/spool/lp/logs/requests      record of print requests

Check /usr/adm/logs directory as well.

Regards,
Tayyab

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

System Layouts For SCO Systems.

I work as the Systems Administrator for a reasonably large Company. We have just started setting up a WAN. Before this WAN setup started it was a tedious job to admin all our servers all over the country. Before I was officialy the "Systems Administrator" our previous guy setup our new SCO Box to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shimmer
2 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

SCO TCP/IP runtime System for SCO Unix

Hi everyone i have a question for all of you. It may be basic or it may be a good one. I recently aquired a copy of "SCO TCP/IP runtime System for SCO Unix" (thats what the disks say) and for the life of me i can not get it to load. i have tried opening the disk in linux and it can not determine... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cerberus
0 Replies

3. SCO

where can get iso of sco system v 5.05

hi all please someone tell me where can get iso of sco System V vs 5.05 regards (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: weramirez
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Full System Backup Sco 5.0.5

I would like to know if I can do a full system back up on my Unix Sco openserver 5.0.5 Machine. If so, What is the syntax to do this or where can I find this information at? Also, is it possible to make this tape bootable so that I can easily do a full system restore? Any information on... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nellenodrog
2 Replies

5. SCO

SCO system V documentation

Hi! I'm about to throw away a shelf meter or so of SCO system V official documentation. The original beige binders. I'm not sure if there is a shortage of these old books, but if anyone near Gothenburg, Sweden has use for them. Drop me a line at : martin (dot) rudolfson at mac (dot) com Martin (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: iMan
4 Replies

6. SCO

Help on System Freeze in SCO

Hi, My SCO server freezes suddenly. I just want to know if there any tools / commands availble that can find which is causing the freeze? Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Regards, Ravikumar R (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rrb2009
4 Replies

7. SCO

Print out disappers on SCO System

I have setup a new printer via a jetdirect on a SCO system. I can ping the printer and see it on the network. When I print a file using the lpr command the printer queue show up idle and not print out on the printer. I need help. Thanks Ashok (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashok714
12 Replies

8. SCO

SCO UNIXware 7.1.4 system backups

Hi, I wonder if someone can help me, I want to backup my sco unix system, I dont have an external/internal tape drive. How can I make a system backup? I do have a CD-RW on the server. I am new to sco unix. Please can anyone advise on what methods I can use, I have looked a cpio. I tried... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kpnuts
1 Replies

9. SCO

SCO Development System for System V 3.2 R4.2

Hi Guys, Some time ago I get a disk for my SCO System V 3.2 R4.2 tcp 1.2.1 distribution. Now 4 Year later I am serarching the development system due to the fact that System V did not come with the C compiler. There is any change to get it ? my intention is academyc only. or anyone... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: locovich
3 Replies

10. SCO

Help request for SCO System V 3.2 R4.2 C language compiler

No, I need for research purposes the SCO C compiler for System V 3.2 R4.2 I need the SCO compiler not gcc version. This release did not come with the C compiler it came as another tool suite. Can someone help me please . Dr. Mariano Mendez Operating System Professor University of... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: locovich
0 Replies
UUCICO(8)						      System Manager's Manual							 UUCICO(8)

NAME
uucico, uucpd - transfer files queued by uucp or uux SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/uucico [ -dspooldir ] [ -ggrade ] [ -rrole ] [ -R ] [ -ssystem ] [ -xdebug ] [ -L ] [ -tturnaround ] /usr/libexec/uucpd DESCRIPTION
Uucico performs the actual work involved in transferring files between systems. Uucp(1) and uux(1) merely queue requests for data transfer which uucico processes. The following options are available. -dspooldir Use spooldir as the spool directory. The default is /usr/spool/uucp. -ggrade Only send jobs of grade grade or higher this transfer. The grade of a job is specified when the job is queued by uucp or uux. -rrole role is either 1 or 0; it indicates whether uucico is to start up in master or slave role, respectively. 1 is used when running uucico by hand or from cron(8). 0 is used when another system calls the local system. Slave role is the default. -R Reverse roles. When used with the -r1 option, this tells the remote system to begin sending its jobs first, instead of waiting for the local machine to finish. -ssystem Call only system system. If -s is not specified, and -r1 is specified, uucico will attempt to call all systems for which there is work. If -s is specified, a call will be made even if there is no work for that system. This is useful for polling. -xdebug Turn on debugging at level debug. Level 5 is a good start when trying to find out why a call failed. Level 9 is very detailed. Level 99 is absurdly verbose. If role is 1 (master), output is normally written to the standard message output stderr. If stderr is unavailable, output is written to /usr/spool/uucp/AUDIT/system. When role is 0 (slave), debugging output is always written to the AUDIT file. -L Only call ``local'' sites. A site is considered local if the device-type field in L.sys is one of LOCAL, DIR or TCP. -tturnaround Use turnaround as the line turnaround time (in minutes) instead of the default 30. If turnaround is missing or 0, line turnaround will be disabled. After uucico has been running in slave role for turnaround minutes, it will attempt to run in master role by negotiating with the remote machine. In earlier versions of uucico, a transfer of many large files in one direction would hold up mail going in the other direction. With the turnaround code working, the message flow will be more bidirectional in the short term. This option only works with newer uucico's and is ignored by older ones. If uucico receives a SIGFPE (see kill(1)), it will toggle the debugging on or off. Uucpd is the server for supporting uucp connections over networks. Uucpd listens for service requests at the port indicated in the ``uucp'' service specification; see services(5). The server provides login name and password authentication before starting up uucico for the rest of the transaction. Uucico is commonly used either of two ways: as a daemon run periodically by cron(8) to call out to remote systems, and as a ``shell'' for remote systems who call in. For calling out periodically, a typical line in crontab would be: 0 * * * * /usr/sbin/uucico -r1 This will run uucico every hour in master role. For each system that has transfer requests queued, uucico calls the system, logs in, and executes the transfers. The file L.sys(5) is consulted for information about how to log in, while L-devices(5) specifies available lines and modems for calling. For remote systems to dial in, an entry in the passwd(5) file must be created, with a login ``shell'' of uucico. For example: nuucp:Password:6:1::/usr/spool/uucppublic:/usr/sbin/uucico The UID for UUCP remote logins is not critical, so long as it differs from the UUCP Administrative login. The latter owns the UUCP files, and assigning this UID to a remote login would be an extreme security hazard. FILES
/etc/uucp/ UUCP internal files /etc/uucp/L-devices Local device descriptions /etc/uucp/L-dialcodes Phone numbers and prefixes /etc/uucp/L.aliases Hostname aliases /etc/uucp/L.cmds Remote command permissions list /etc/uucp/L.sys Host connection specifications /etc/uucp/USERFILE Remote directory tree permissions list /usr/spool/uucp/ Spool directory /usr/spool/uucp/AUDIT/* Debugging audit trails /usr/spool/uucp/C./ Control files directory /usr/spool/uucp/D./ Incoming data file directory /usr/spool/uucp/D.hostname/ Outgoing data file directory /usr/spool/uucp/D.hostnameX/ Outgoing execution file directory /usr/spool/uucp/CORRUPT/ Place for corrupted C. and D. files /usr/spool/uucp/ERRLOG UUCP internal error log /usr/spool/uucp/LOGFILE UUCP system activity log /usr/spool/uucp/LCK/LCK..* Device lock files /usr/spool/uucp/SYSLOG File transfer statistics log /usr/spool/uucp/STST/* System status files /usr/spool/uucp/TM./ File transfer temp directory /usr/spool/uucp/X./ Incoming execution file directory /usr/spool/uucppublic Public access directory SEE ALSO
uucp(1), uuq(1), uux(1), L-devices(5), L-dialcodes(5), L.aliases(5), L.cmds(5), L.sys(5), uuclean(8), uupoll(8), uusnap(8), uuxqt(8) D. A. Nowitz and M. E. Lesk, A Dial-Up Network of UNIX Systems. D. A. Nowitz, Uucp Implementation Description. 4.3 Berkeley Distribution October 23, 1996 UUCICO(8)