Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Top in Tru64
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Top in Tru64 Post 302073142 by Corona688 on Wednesday 10th of May 2006 10:28:45 AM
Old 05-10-2006
My gut reaction would be to compare what user groups the working and non-working users are in...

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How Can I Have Top Display The Top 20 Processes??

how can i do that in a script withough havin the script halt at the section where the top command is located. am writign a script that will send me the out put of unx commands if the load average of a machine goes beyond the recommended number. top -n 20 i want to save this output to a file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TRUEST
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

download TRU64

Does anybody know where did I find Tru64 Unix software ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: msudin
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ps report (on tru64)

hi, i have 10 processes running on a tru64 machine with 16 cpu. when i am checking the states of these processes with ps command, i saw that almost never more than 3 of them are in the R(unning) state. (generally they are in the S(leeping) state). although there are many other processes... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yakari
3 Replies

4. HP-UX

HP-UX and Tru64

I had buy two old workstation: a Digital alpha 21164 and a HP C360... What version of tru64 on alpha and HP-UX on HP C360 run on those boxes? Where i can buy/download a small/workstation-base (if exists) version of those operating system ? Tnx in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: antani
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

tru64

hi i am trying to get ssh server on tru64 5.1 can anyone help? thanks ed. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: deusprogrammer
1 Replies

6. HP-UX

Tru64 Question

Could any one tell me if there are still any versions or tru64 that are currently supported by HP.. I have been all over and my last resort should have been my first place to look. I am using Tru64 v 4.0 and am thinking about upgrading to 5.1B, But due to contract issues it has to be supported and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: car2nst2006
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Tru64

Two part question, I was told that you can download Tru64 5.1b for free, is this true and if so where? Second part, could I load this on a XP Pro PC with vmware? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Troberts50
1 Replies

8. AIX

Top command in AIX 4.2 (no topas, no nmon, no top)?

Is there a 'top' command equivalent in AIX 4.2 ? I already checked and I do not see the following ones anywhere: top nmon topas (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Browser_ice
1 Replies

9. AIX

Need a list of top 10 CPU using processes (also top 10 memory hogs, separately)

Okay, I am trying to come up with a multi-platform script to report top ten CPU and memory hog processes, which will be run by our enterprise monitoring application as an auto-action item when the CPU and Memory utilization gets reported as higher than a certain threshold I use top on other... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: thenomad
5 Replies
ADDUSER(8)						      System Manager's Manual							ADDUSER(8)

NAME
adduser - procedure for adding new users DESCRIPTION
A new user must choose a login name, which must not already appear in /etc/passwdor /etc/aliases. It must also not begin with the hyphen (``-'') character. It is strongly recommended that it be all lower-case, and not contain the dot (``.'') character, as that tends to con- fuse mailers. An account can be added by editing a line into the passwd file; this must be done with the password file locked e.g. by using chpass(1) or vipw(8). A new user is given a group and user id. Login's and user id's should be unique across the system, and often across a group of systems, since they are used to control file access. Typically, users working on similar projects will be put in the same groups. At the Univer- sity of California, Berkeley, we have groups for system staff, faculty, graduate students, and special groups for large projects. A skeletal account for a new user "ernie" might look like: ernie::25:30::0:0:Ernie Kovacs,508 Evans Hall,x7925,642-8202:/a/users/ernie:/bin/csh For a description of each of these fields, see passwd(5). It is useful to give new users some help in getting started, supplying them with a few skeletal files such as .profile if they use "/bin/sh", or .cshrc and .login if they use "/bin/csh". The directory "/usr/skel" contains skeletal definitions of such files. New users should be given copies of these files which, for instance, use tset(1) automatically at each login. FILES
/etc/master.passwd user database /usr/skel skeletal login directory SEE ALSO
chpass(1), finger(1), passwd(1), aliases(5), passwd(5), mkpasswd(8), vipw(8) BUGS
User information should (and eventually will) be stored elsewhere. 4th Berkeley Distribution October 23, 1996 ADDUSER(8)