Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Jumpstart from linux problem
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Jumpstart from linux problem Post 82756 by dorilevy on Tuesday 6th of September 2005 09:25:43 AM
Old 09-06-2005
Jumpstart from linux problem

Hi,

I am using RH-AS as my jumpstart server for installing solaris 8 on a sun machine.
the finish script phase starts ok but some where in the middle it fails - i tried it servel times and each time it fails in a differnt place. I get "not found" message for all kind of basic command like awk, diff etc.

I think that for some reson the client disconnect from the server, but when i return to command line (#) after the failur and check it, the connection seems ok. I also tried pinging the the client from the server for all the installation process and there where no failur there.

can any one help?

Dori

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

JumpStart

Hi, Which sites have general information on JumpStart for Solaris 8? I would like to know more about boot server, installation server, and configuration server.... and all other good things about JumpStart....Thanks..:p Doo... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dookeobih
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

JUmpstart on a pc

HI. i was wondering if you can jumpstart using the solaris intel platform? please help thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: souldier
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Jumpstart installation problem.

We are installing Solaris 9 with Jumpstart ...facing problems.. Problem is .it is prompting for questions, even though we set the Sysidcfg and class files properly. when we give "boot net - install" at OK prompt, it is coming till "The system is coming up. Please wait" After that it... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: b_manu78
5 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris 10 Jumpstart Problem

Hi Everyone, Thanks in advance for reading my thread. I am not very familiar with Unix so please bear with me if I say anything stupid. I have a SunFire V100 server with Solaris 8, which I made into a Boot/Install/Profile server. Recently, I re-install the V100 box with Solaris 10. The... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cityshrimp
5 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris 10 Jumpstart Problem

Hi, I build a jumpstart server with a running dhcp server. I already managed to install a x86 client via network. But my sparc clients aren't still working. When booting via network I get the following message: Timeout waiting for ARP/RARP packet I ran "snoop" on the server: client2 ->... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jay_Fisi
1 Replies

6. Solaris

help with jumpstart

Hello all, I configured a jumpstart server ( the server is in the same subnet as the client) and gave boot net - install in the client. The client boots up shows the banner and then displays error: cant read disk label cant open disk label package and then goes to OK prompt. What... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Pratik Gharti
1 Replies

7. Solaris

tftp Problem during Jumpstart

Hi, I have a V240 Solaris 10 (06.06) with a Solaris image of 08.07 (newest release). On the jumpstart server I have also installed JET for testing. Client was setup using the JET utilities. jade = jumpstart server phoebus = client (MAC: 0:3:ba:9e:6f:2d IP:192.168.58.121 ) When I now... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ironhead
0 Replies

8. Solaris

Jumpstart with image problem

Hello, I did this perfectly fine with S10Update3. But with S10Update4 something is strange a) For some reason when I am moving to Update 4, it keeps prompting for name service etc etc. But this goes away if I give nfs4_domain=dynamic in the sysidcfg file. This was not happening for Update3. Any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Naanu
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Problem in configuring jumpstart installation

I am trying to configuring jumpstart configuration. Please find below sysidcfg configuration file output bash-3.2# cat sysidcfg terminal=vt100 network_interface=nxge0 { primary hostname=sun1 ip_address=192.168.11.10 \ protocol_ipv6=no netmask=255.255.255.0 default_route=192.168.11.7}... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sb200
5 Replies

10. Solaris

Jumpstart and Linux NFS

A simple question about nfs and jumpstart ,i setup server (all on linux) tftp ok # boot and reach menu grub,and start nfs not ok i did /export/solaris 192.168.0.0/24(ro,no_root_squash,anonuid=0,anongid=0) and on solaris i put config with sysidcfg,profile,etc When solaris boot from net it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
1 Replies
UUID_TIME(3)							    Libuuid API 						      UUID_TIME(3)

NAME
uuid_time - extract the time at which the UUID was created SYNOPSIS
#include <uuid.h> time_t uuid_time(uuid_t uu, struct timeval *ret_tv) DESCRIPTION
The uuid_time function extracts the time at which the supplied time-based UUID uu was created. Note that the UUID creation time is only encoded within certain types of UUIDs. This function can only reasonably expect to extract the creation time for UUIDs created with the uuid_generate_time(3) and uuid_generate_time_safe(3) functions. It may or may not work with UUIDs created by other mechanisms. RETURN VALUES
The time at which the UUID was created, in seconds since January 1, 1970 GMT (the epoch), is returned (see time(2)). The time at which the UUID was created, in seconds and microseconds since the epoch, is also stored in the location pointed to by ret_tv (see gettimeofday(2)). AUTHOR
Theodore Y. Ts'o AVAILABILITY
libuuid is part of the util-linux package since version 2.15.1 and is available from https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux/. SEE ALSO
uuid(3), uuid_clear(3), uuid_compare(3), uuid_copy(3), uuid_generate(3), uuid_is_null(3), uuid_parse(3), uuid_unparse(3) util-linux May 2009 UUID_TIME(3)