Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Linux kills windows :(
Operating Systems Linux SuSE Linux kills windows :( Post 71885 by cbkihong on Monday 16th of May 2005 08:19:11 PM
Old 05-16-2005
Then log on the recovery console with the installation CD and use the bootcfg command. It can scan your disks for Windows installations and add to your boot menu list. Once you get back in, remove the incorrect items with the GUI.

Some relevant KB entries:

http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;289022
http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;291980

Just search with the "bootcfg" keyword and you will find them.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

application exit kills shells

Hi all, I start my application from a shell command-line. When I exit my application, it kills the shell that its returning too. Worse yet, since I have init respawning the shell all those subsequent shells get killed automatically...so I get output like the following (the >> is the prompt for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: q1001001
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

kills command

what are the header files required for the kills command in kernel version 2.4? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shwe
1 Replies

3. Linux

What's better for running Windows software in Linux, Wine or Windows VMware?

What are the differences, advantages, and disadvantages? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Advice Pro
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script, child kills parent

Hello everyone, I'm trying to write a script, i would like to say the child kills the parent, how would i do that? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jessy21
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

vnc over an ssh tunnel Linux to Linux to Windows

I *think* what I want to do is not only possible but easy, but as a "dummy" :) I can't figure it out. Here's what I have: Linux (Ubuntu 10.04) laptop that is not in my house, but has an Internet connection. Linux (Ubuntu 9.04) computer in my house that has unfettered access to the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: WesleyC
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

A Program Which Generates a Script Which Kills It

I have a C++ program, running on Fedora Linux, which has to be able to update itself to a new version, which it can obtain from a server. The way I do this is to have it create a shell script which kills it (the parent process), uninstalls it, downloads the new version (actually it does this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BrandonShw
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Seen Windows pc, having all the features of Linux, could exe, read and edit save like windows

Hi, totally new to linux base using windows when started learning and using computers. but i remember that one pc was there , look alike windows desktop, but could not do the task as windows just click and open and view edit etc. But, you could do a little differently even saving in and opening... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jraju
8 Replies
URL(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						    URL(4)

NAME
url -- Realtek RTL8150L USB Ethernet driver SYNOPSIS
url* at uhub? urlphy* at mii? DESCRIPTION
The url driver provides support for USB Ethernet adapters based on the Realtek RTL8150L USB-ether bridge chip. The url driver supports the following adapters: CompUSA USBKR100 GreenHouse GH-USB100B Melco Inc. LUA-KTX Sitecom LN013 For more information on configuring this device, see ifconfig(8). DIAGNOSTICS
url%d: watchdog timeout A packet was queued for transmission and a transmit command was issued, however the device failed to acknowledge the transmission before a timeout expired. url%d: no memory for rx list The driver failed to allocate an mbuf for the receiver ring. SEE ALSO
arp(4), mii(4), netintro(4), usb(4), ifconfig(8) HISTORY
The url device driver first appeared in NetBSD 1.6. AUTHORS
The url driver was written by Shingo WATANABE <nabe@nabechan.org>. BSD
September 18, 2006 BSD