Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting ksh: dbfFILe: parameter not set Post 70784 by Perderabo on Wednesday 4th of May 2005 06:05:43 AM
Old 05-04-2005
The last character of the script is wrong. Change the "e" to a "E".

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh parameter --- change

I am reading a file into a parameter in my program typeset nums_type if the contents of nums_type = asdfghbqwerty how do make a new paremeter eqaul to the 7th character of nums_type. like ${type} = b (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: frank
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

DEBUG_PROG and opts: parameter not set

I am using a Sun Ultra 30 with 250MG of RAM and 9GIG of hard drive. I connect to the machine via Exceed 6 and have the Oracle8i for Solaris in the cdrom drive. I have read and complied with Oracle's instruction in preparation to installing Oracle. Since I don't have enough space to cp the content... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Alexxx14
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Accessing the Value of a parameter in KSH

Hi I am new to this forum. Please forgive me, If I am wrong anywhere. I am trying to understand the below code. Can anyone help in understanding what is ${#ST} here. Is that the value of the first parameter??:confused:...what is exit 1 mean. Any clarification is greatly appreciated. export... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: suaven
3 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

set mysql password with host parameter

hi, linux gurus... i'm trying to write a script in ksh called ResetPass that allows a user to change mysql passwords. the script accepts user, password and host like this: ResetPass <user> <password> <host>. here's the code: ***************************************************** mysql... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ankimo
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH list as function parameter

Hello, Could anyone help me with some KSH syntax? I'm trying to pass a list as a function parameter in a KSH? For example I have code like this: print_counter() { N=$1 C=$2 for A in $C; do echo "This is $N number $A" done } NAME=BRICK COUNT=" 1 2 3 4" ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pn8830
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dot operator and space, Parameter not set

Hi, i have this script setenv.sh if then echo "is empty" fi echo "done" The following is the result when i run the script from command without and with a dot and space operator $ setenv.sh is empty done $ . setenv.sh sh: VAR_1: Parameter not set. $ It's our standard to run... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ysrini
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to pass a parameter to an alias in ksh?

I want to do something like this: alias cd2="cd /data_saves/$(/opt/bin/util/getcustdb -i $@)" Where /opt/bin/util/getcustdb is an inhouse script to lookup customer db name based on a provided id number Then when I use the alias I can cd2 4567 and have it run "/opt/bin/util/getcustdb -i... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: JourneyRider
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

"ksh: XYZ: parameter not set" in .profile

Hi, A very basic query. I am working on two different UNIX servers and I see different behaviours for my user id. This has to be a setting in the .profile, but I can't seem to find where :confused: So, in one server if I type echo $XYZDD (a random variable), I get a blank line with no... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ALDonP
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can't set parameter to lynx properly

My intention is to go through list of addresses and call google geocode api for each of them. I am using lynx for this, but somehow I can't supply the parameters to it in a proper way. To show that my parameters are OK I just hardcoded one address in my script and put it in my input file, and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: migurus
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Solaris "ksh" Parameter Not Set

Getting the following when I try to set -u or set -o nounset in ksh on Solaris. Anyone ever seen this? Using an account I just built so everything is default and default shell is set to ksh. Oracle Corporation SunOS 5.11 11.3 September 2015 bar@solaris11:~$ echo $0 -ksh bar@solaris11:~$ set... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: epost
3 Replies
suspend(1)							   User Commands							suspend(1)

NAME
suspend - shell built-in function to halt the current shell SYNOPSIS
sh suspend csh suspend ksh suspend DESCRIPTION
sh Stops the execution of the current shell (but not if it is the login shell). csh Stop the shell in its tracks, much as if it had been sent a stop signal with ^Z. This is most often used to stop shells started by su. ksh Stops the execution of the current shell (but not if it is the login shell). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
csh(1), kill(1), ksh(1), sh(1), su(1M), attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 15 Apr 1994 suspend(1)