Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Help with updating bios
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Help with updating bios Post 303014805 by hometrics on Wednesday 21st of March 2018 09:48:21 AM
Old 03-21-2018
Okay. I thought that might be the same thing. Thanks for the clarification and to both of you for the help. The server in question is an IBM eServer xSeries 236 machine type 8841-25U. I will try changing the settings under netconfig and see if I get any better results.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Need BIOS drivers for motherboard

Does anyone know a good driver site. If you've heard of driverguide.com or driversearch.com please do not reccomend them because I already know them. I need to know where to get Motherboard drivers for a homemade computer. If there is any info that you need to know feel free to make a reply. :) (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: computek
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Save 43p bios?

Is there any way to backup the bios on a 43P-140 7043? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: freestyle10269
0 Replies

3. Solaris

how to get the bios version?

I am using solaris 10 how to get the bios version? thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: melanie_pfefer
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk updating one file with another, comparing, updating

Hello, I read and search through this wonderful forum and tried different approaches but it seems I lack some knowledge and neurones ^^ Here is what I'm trying to achieve : file1: test filea 3495; test fileb 4578; test filec 7689; test filey 9978; test filez 12300; file2: test filea... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: mecano
11 Replies

5. Red Hat

thinking on a BIOS upgrade

Hello, I got a computer in which I decided to change RAM memory cards. These (2) RAMs are: Brand: Crucial Technology DDR Ram 266 Mhz and when I ran memtest86 tool, both of them have errors. So I decided to change them and purchase a new ones. I bought: Brand: Patriot DDR RAM 512 Mb 266... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: inhaki
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

BIOS Password on BL460c

Hi, Can anyone please advise how I can reset my BIOS password on my BL460c-class blade? I need to make some changes but do not know what the password has been set to. This is a newly purchased server so any default I can try may be useful. R, D. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Duffs22
3 Replies

7. Hardware

How to get into BIOS and disable NICS?

Hi, I have to get into BIOS and disable onbaord NICS for an IBM server, can someone please help me out. I tried hitting F1 when reboot to get into BIOS, but it seems like a setup screen and I dont see any option to disable NICS? Thanks Sam (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam4919
2 Replies

8. Hardware

Where is the BIOS located???

Hi friends, I hope you are doing well. Can you please tell me which part of the motherboard contains the BIOS software, name that exact location. And could please give me the names of the firmwares for atleast 5 archetictures, like sun sparc, ibm power, hp alpha etc. Looking forward to your... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gabam
0 Replies

9. Debian

Stuck in BIOS

okay,i made a grave mistake in installing the base bare bones install of debian. here i have edited this from the original. this morning when i got home from work i did some searching and then just shut the system down via the mechanical off on switch. waited a few minutes and then restarted... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cowLips
0 Replies

10. Ubuntu

BIOS configuration

I have a problem with a brand new Dell laptop. BioLinux was installed on it without making the necessary changes on BIOS. The installation was completed successfully but the BIOS system cant find the OS after rebooting the machine. I have tried to modify the BIOS setting with no luck this far. I... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xterra
7 Replies
BNX(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						    BNX(4)

NAME
bnx -- Broadcom NetXtreme II 10/100/1000 Ethernet device SYNOPSIS
bnx* at pci? brgphy* at mii? DESCRIPTION
The bnx driver supports Broadcom's NetXtreme II product family, such as the BCM5706 PCI-X and BCM5708-BCM5709 PCI Express Ethernet con- trollers, which includes the following: o Dell PowerEdge 1950 integrated BCM5708 NIC (10/100/1000baseT) o Dell PowerEdge 2950 integrated BCM5708 NIC (10/100/1000baseT) o Dell PowerEdge M710 integrated BCM5709S NIC (1000baseSX) o HP NC370F PCI-X Multifunction Gigabit server adapter (1000baseSX) o HP NC370T PCI-X Multifunction Gigabit server adapter (10/100/1000baseT) o HP NC373F PCI Express Multifunction Gigabit server adapter (1000baseSX) o HP NC373i PCI Express Multifunction Gigabit embedded server adapter (10/100/1000baseT) o HP NC380T PCI Express Dual Port Multifunction Gigabit server adapter (10/100/1000baseT) o IBM xSeries 3550 integrated BCM5708 NIC (10/100/1000baseT) o IBM xSeries 3650 integrated BCM5708 NIC (10/100/1000baseT) The NetXtreme II product family is composed of various Converged NIC (or CNIC) Ethernet controllers which support a TCP Offload Engine (TOE), Remote DMA (RDMA), and iSCSI acceleration, in addition to standard L2 Ethernet traffic, all on the same controller. The following features are supported in the bnx driver under NetBSD: IPv4 receive IP/TCP/UDP checksum offload Jumbo frames (up to 9022 bytes) VLAN tag insertion Interrupt coalescing 10/100/1000Mbps operation in full-duplex mode 10/100Mbps operation in half-duplex mode The bnx driver supports the following media types: autoselect Enable autoselection of the media type and options. The user can manually override the autoselected mode via ifconfig(8). 10baseT/UTP Set 10Mbps operation. The ifconfig(8) mediaopt option can also be used to select either full-duplex or half-duplex modes. 100baseTX Set 100Mbps (Fast Ethernet) operation. The ifconfig(8) mediaopt option can also be used to select either full-duplex or half-duplex modes. 1000baseTX Set 1000baseTX operation over twisted pair. Only full-duplex mode is supported. 1000baseSX Set 1000Mbps (Gigabit Ethernet) operation. Both full-duplex and half-duplex modes are supported. 2500baseSX Set 2500Mbps operation. Only full-duplex mode is supported. The bnx driver supports the following media options: full-duplex Force full duplex operation. half-duplex Force half duplex operation. For more information on configuring this device, see ifconfig(8). SEE ALSO
arp(4), brgphy(4), ifmedia(4), intro(4), mii(4), netintro(4), pci(4), ifconfig(8) HISTORY
The bnx device driver first appeared in NetBSD 4.0. BSD
December 10, 2010 BSD