Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Copy Specific Files Recursively Post 303010435 by apacheLinux on Sunday 31st of December 2017 06:21:15 AM
Old 12-31-2017
Copy Specific Files Recursively

Is it possible to only copy selected files+its directories when you are copying recursively?
Code:
find /OriginalFolder/* -type -d \{ -mtime 1 -o -mtime 2 \ } -exec cp -R {} /CopyTo/'hostname'__CopyTo/ \; -print

From the above line, I want to only copy *txt and *ini files from /OriginalFolder/*

Regards

Last edited by vbe; 12-31-2017 at 07:24 AM.. Reason: code tags please even for so lttle...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

To copy the files newer than specific date

Dear all, Can you help me in copying files newer than speciifc date Thanks in advance, Rajesh (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: RAJESHKANNA
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Recursively copy only specific files from a directory tree

Hi I am a shell-script newbie and am looking to synchronize certain files in two directory structures. Both these directory-trees are in CVS and so I dont want the CVS directory to be copied over. I want only .sh and .pl files in each subdirectory under these directory trees to be... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharpsharkrocks
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy only files recursively

Hi, find . | xargs -s 47518 can list all the files and directories recursively , is there any possibility to copy only files from directories and subdirectoreis once it is listed. Please help Thans & Regards Uma (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: umapearl
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

copy specific files and count them - not as easy as it seems!

Hi all: Here's my dilemma: to identify files of a specific type, copy them to a new location while preserving the original file attributes (date, time, full path, etc), and at the same time capture the count of the number of files identified as a variable for later reporting. Here's where I... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yamaha Evans
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Recursively move directories along with files/specific files

I would like to transfer all files ending with .log from /tmp and to /tmp/archive (using find ) The directory structure looks like :- /tmp a.log b.log c.log /abcd d.log e.log When I tried the following command , it movies all the log files... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: frintocf
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to copy a directory without specific files?

Hi I need to copy a huge directory with thousands of files onto another directory but without *.WMV files (and without *.wmv - perhaps we need to use *.). Pls advise how can I do that. Thanks (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: reddyr
17 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy files recursively

Hello! I know what i s recursion, but can't imagine what shoudl be "recursicve copying" of files? Please, what should mean: cp -r /home/hope/files/* /home/hope/backup Can someone helpme with a simple example? Many thanks!!! (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinklemon
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to recursively copy directory only for recent files?

I love the -newerct flag for the Cygwin find command on windows. Can I use "/usr/bin/find . -newerct '3 hours ago'" to conditionally copy a directory tree so that only the files in the directory tree that are younger than 3 hours are copied to my destination directory such that the directory... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: siegfried
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find Large Files Recursively From Specific Directory

Hi. I found many scripts in the web of achieving this. But I like to use this one find /EDWH-DMT03 -xdev -size +10000 -exec ls -la {} \;|sort -n -k 5 > LARGE.rst But the problem is, why it still list out files with 89 bytes as the output? Is there anything wrong with the command? My... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: aimy
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy files recursively to one single directory

I need to copy a complete directory structure into a new location. But I want to have all files copied into one directory and leave out the directory structure. So all files must be placed in one directory. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ReneVL
4 Replies
TMPWATCH(8)						   System Administrator's Manual					       TMPWATCH(8)

NAME
tmpwatch - removes files which haven't been accessed for a period of time SYNOPSIS
tmpwatch [-u|-m|-c] [-faqstv] [--verbose] [--force] [--all] [--test] [--fuser ] [--atime|--mtime|--ctime] [--quiet] <hours> <dirs> DESCRIPTION
tmpwatch recursively removes files which haven't been accessed for a given number of hours. Normally, it's used to clean up directories which are used for temporary holding space such as /tmp. When changing directories, tmpwatch is very sensitive to possible race conditions and will exit with an error if one is detected. It does not follow symbolic links in the directories it's cleaning (even if a symbolic link is given as its argument), will not switch filesystems, and only removes empty directories and regular files. By default, tmpwatch dates files by their atime (access time), not their mtime (modification time). If files aren't being removed when ls -l implies they should be, use ls -u to examine their atime to see if that explains the problem. If the --atime, --ctime or --mtime options are used in combination, the decision about deleting a file will be based on the maximum of this times. The hours parameter defines the threshold for removing files. If the file has not been accessed for hours hours, the file is removed. Fol- lowing this, one or more directories may be given for tmpwatch to clean up. OPTIONS
-u, --atime Make the decision about deleting a file based on the file's atime (access time). This is the default. -m, --mtime Make the decision about deleting a file based on the file's mtime (modification time) instead of the atime. -c, --ctime Make the decision about deleting a file based on the file's ctime (inode change time) instead of the atime; for directories, make the decision based on the mtime. -a, --all Remove all file types, not just regular files and directories. -d, --nodirs Do not attempt to remove directories, even if they are empty. -f, --force Remove files even if root doesn't have write access (akin to rm -f). -t, --test Doesn't remove files, but goes through the motions of removing them. This implies -v. -s, --fuser Attempt to use the "fuser" command to see if a file is already open before removing it. Not enabled by default. Does help in some circumstances, but not all. Dependent on fuser being installed in /sbin. -v, --verbose Print a verbose display. Two levels of verboseness are available -- use this option twice to get the most verbose output. SEE ALSO
cron(1), ls(1), rm(1), fuser(1) WARNINGS
GNU-style long options are not supported on HP-UX. AUTHORS
Erik Troan <ewt@redhat.com> Preston Brown <pbrown@redhat.com> Nalin Dahyabhai <nalin@redhat.com> 4th Berkeley Distribution Wed Nov 28 2001 TMPWATCH(8)