Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users How does extundelete handle multiple versions of the same inode? Post 302987647 by jim mcnamara on Tuesday 13th of December 2016 02:36:06 PM
Old 12-13-2016
I second corona688's comment. That filetime is very suspect to start with. I believe you have serious filesystem corruption - meaning the metadata for the files has problems.

inodes are one of the primary objects in a filesystem.

Try this:
Code:
$ sudo touch /forcefsck
$ sudo reboot

I am assuming you do not normally run as root, which is a bad practice. You will see what your problems are.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using multiple java versions in unix

Hello we are using java 1.2 in our shell / env it is also set in the main JAVA_HOME env var , but we have also java 1.4 installed , now we need to use new application that uses only java1.4 is there any way to point this specific application to use java 1.4 without changing the global... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to handle the Multiple Rows in the Database

Hi All, I have problem with database validations, actually my requirement is, my code will generate some seqno;s, which i have to check in database, whether the generated seqno;s are present in database or not, if the generated seqno;s are present in the database means, i need to generate... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hsekol
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Handle Configuration File with same name of Parameter in multiple Sections

Hi I have a config file with multiple section and a parameter with the same name in each section. I need to read each parameter for distinct section. Parameter = 1 .... Parameter = 2 .... Parameter = 4 .... Tried this: grep -m1 '^*ProcessorsNumber' ServiceBrokerFramework.cfg |... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: potro
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to handle multiple rows in a file

I have a FILE a.txt which has the following data 113901.94,113901.94,56950.97,56950.97,NOT MATCHING,NOT MATCHING 10693.04,10693.04,5346.52,5346.52,NOT MATCHING,NOT MATCHING 1901.94,1901.94,550.97,550.97,NOT MATCHING,NOT MATCHING 103.04,103.04,53.52,53.52,NOT MATCHING,NOT MATCHING #### This... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksmbabu
2 Replies

5. Linux

Compiling with multiple versions of a library

Hello! I have a set of headers and libraries I want to use but they are mixed with ones I do not want to use. They are part of some official stuff, so I cannot modify them while begging and pleading for weeks. These headers and libraries are located here /long/official/path/to/include... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gobi
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to handle multiple apps on host?

So, I'm going to install Oracle DB within my Suse host... Also, I would like to run Virtual Box and Tomcat.. ok, tomcat is going to be runnable app that will start at boot.. but, how to handle Oracle and virtual box? I would like to have an Oracle under it's own user, and to be able to use... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bongo
0 Replies

7. UNIX and Linux Applications

install multiple versions of firefox in linux

Since apt-get and yum won't let you install multiple versions of firefox I will explain how to here. 1. Go to this page and decide which version of firefox you want. ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/releases/ I used this one. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Patches - why multiple versions?

Hi just wondering really ...... I've done a showrev -p and am somewhat surprised to see apparently multiple different versions of the same patches ...... 112161-02 112161-03 112161-04 It's my understanding that a newer revision of a patch , -04 in this case supercedes all previous... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Martincorneuk
2 Replies

9. Red Hat

Installing multiple versions of same package.

I need to install a older version of gnupg but not delete the current version of gnup2 on RHEL 6.4. What would be the correct syntax to install this? Tried to install and relocate it and still getting conflicts. aXXXXXX:root# rpm -ivh /root/rpmbuild/RPMS/x86_64/gnupg-1.4.16-1.x86_64.rpm... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: soupbone38
2 Replies

10. Fedora

Segmentation fault while trying to recover file with extundelete

hello, I accidentally removed a directory with its contents with rm -r and I don't have a backup. I got to know about extundelete utility on linux and downloaded on my Linux Fedora 28 notebook PC. The file system is ext4. I log in to the system as single user mode and unmount the /home directory... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: milhan
2 Replies
bup-fuse(1)						      General Commands Manual						       bup-fuse(1)

NAME
bup-fuse - mount a bup repository as a filesystem SYNOPSIS
bup fuse [-d] [-f] [-o] <mountpoint> DESCRIPTION
bup fuse opens a bup repository and exports it as a fuse(7) userspace filesystem. This feature is only available on systems (such as Linux) which support FUSE. WARNING: bup fuse is still experimental and does not enforce any file permissions! All files will be readable by all users. When you're done accessing the mounted fuse filesystem, you should unmount it with umount(8). OPTIONS
-d, --debug run in the foreground and print FUSE debug information for each request. -f, --foreground run in the foreground and exit only when the filesystem is unmounted. -o, --allow-other permit other users to access the filesystem. Necessary for exporting the filesystem via Samba, for example. EXAMPLE
rm -rf /tmp/buptest mkdir /tmp/buptest sudo bup fuse -d /tmp/buptest ls /tmp/buptest/*/latest ... umount /tmp/buptest SEE ALSO
fuse(7), fusermount(1), bup-ls(1), bup-ftp(1), bup-restore(1), bup-web(1) BUP
Part of the bup(1) suite. AUTHORS
Avery Pennarun <apenwarr@gmail.com>. Bup unknown- bup-fuse(1)