Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users How does extundelete handle multiple versions of the same inode? Post 302987647 by jim mcnamara on Tuesday 13th of December 2016 02:36:06 PM
Old 12-13-2016
I second corona688's comment. That filetime is very suspect to start with. I believe you have serious filesystem corruption - meaning the metadata for the files has problems.

inodes are one of the primary objects in a filesystem.

Try this:
Code:
$ sudo touch /forcefsck
$ sudo reboot

I am assuming you do not normally run as root, which is a bad practice. You will see what your problems are.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using multiple java versions in unix

Hello we are using java 1.2 in our shell / env it is also set in the main JAVA_HOME env var , but we have also java 1.4 installed , now we need to use new application that uses only java1.4 is there any way to point this specific application to use java 1.4 without changing the global... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to handle the Multiple Rows in the Database

Hi All, I have problem with database validations, actually my requirement is, my code will generate some seqno;s, which i have to check in database, whether the generated seqno;s are present in database or not, if the generated seqno;s are present in the database means, i need to generate... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hsekol
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Handle Configuration File with same name of Parameter in multiple Sections

Hi I have a config file with multiple section and a parameter with the same name in each section. I need to read each parameter for distinct section. Parameter = 1 .... Parameter = 2 .... Parameter = 4 .... Tried this: grep -m1 '^*ProcessorsNumber' ServiceBrokerFramework.cfg |... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: potro
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to handle multiple rows in a file

I have a FILE a.txt which has the following data 113901.94,113901.94,56950.97,56950.97,NOT MATCHING,NOT MATCHING 10693.04,10693.04,5346.52,5346.52,NOT MATCHING,NOT MATCHING 1901.94,1901.94,550.97,550.97,NOT MATCHING,NOT MATCHING 103.04,103.04,53.52,53.52,NOT MATCHING,NOT MATCHING #### This... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksmbabu
2 Replies

5. Linux

Compiling with multiple versions of a library

Hello! I have a set of headers and libraries I want to use but they are mixed with ones I do not want to use. They are part of some official stuff, so I cannot modify them while begging and pleading for weeks. These headers and libraries are located here /long/official/path/to/include... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gobi
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to handle multiple apps on host?

So, I'm going to install Oracle DB within my Suse host... Also, I would like to run Virtual Box and Tomcat.. ok, tomcat is going to be runnable app that will start at boot.. but, how to handle Oracle and virtual box? I would like to have an Oracle under it's own user, and to be able to use... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bongo
0 Replies

7. UNIX and Linux Applications

install multiple versions of firefox in linux

Since apt-get and yum won't let you install multiple versions of firefox I will explain how to here. 1. Go to this page and decide which version of firefox you want. ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/releases/ I used this one. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Patches - why multiple versions?

Hi just wondering really ...... I've done a showrev -p and am somewhat surprised to see apparently multiple different versions of the same patches ...... 112161-02 112161-03 112161-04 It's my understanding that a newer revision of a patch , -04 in this case supercedes all previous... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Martincorneuk
2 Replies

9. Red Hat

Installing multiple versions of same package.

I need to install a older version of gnupg but not delete the current version of gnup2 on RHEL 6.4. What would be the correct syntax to install this? Tried to install and relocate it and still getting conflicts. aXXXXXX:root# rpm -ivh /root/rpmbuild/RPMS/x86_64/gnupg-1.4.16-1.x86_64.rpm... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: soupbone38
2 Replies

10. Fedora

Segmentation fault while trying to recover file with extundelete

hello, I accidentally removed a directory with its contents with rm -r and I don't have a backup. I got to know about extundelete utility on linux and downloaded on my Linux Fedora 28 notebook PC. The file system is ext4. I log in to the system as single user mode and unmount the /home directory... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: milhan
2 Replies
xfs_check(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      xfs_check(8)

NAME
xfs_check - check XFS filesystem consistency SYNOPSIS
xfs_check [ -i ino ] ... [ -b bno ] ... [ -f ] [ -s ] [ -v ] [ -l logdev ] device DESCRIPTION
xfs_check checks whether an XFS filesystem is consistent. It is normally run only when there is reason to believe that the filesystem has a consistency problem. The filesystem to be checked is specified by the device argument, which should be the disk or volume device for the filesystem. Filesystems stored in files can also be checked, using the -f flag. The filesystem should normally be unmounted or read-only during the execution of xfs_check. Otherwise, spurious problems are reported. OPTIONS
-f Specifies that the filesystem image to be processed is stored in a regular file at device (see the mkfs.xfs(8) -d file option). This might happen if an image copy of a filesystem has been made into an ordinary file. -l logdev Specifies the device where the filesystem's external log resides. Only for those filesystems which use an external log. See the mkfs.xfs(8) -l option, and refer to xfs(5) for a detailed description of the XFS log. -s Specifies that only serious errors should be reported. Serious errors are those that make it impossible to find major data struc- tures in the filesystem. This option can be used to cut down the amount of output when there is a serious problem, when the output might make it difficult to see what the real problem is. -v Specifies verbose output; it is impossibly long for a reasonably-sized filesystem. This option is intended for internal use only. -i ino Specifies verbose behavior for the specified inode ino. For instance, it can be used to locate all the blocks associated with a given inode. -b bno Specifies verbose behavior for the specific filesystem block at bno. For instance, it can be used to determine what a specific block is used for. The block number is a "file system block number". Conversion between disk addresses (i.e. addresses reported by xfs_bmap(8)) and file system blocks may be accomplished using xfs_db(8)'s convert command. Any output that is produced when xfs_check is not run in verbose mode indicates that the filesystem has an inconsistency. The filesystem can be repaired using either xfs_repair(8) to fix the filesystem in place, or by using xfsdump(8) and mkfs.xfs(8) to dump the filesystem, make a new filesystem, then use xfsrestore(8) to restore the data onto the new filesystem. Note that xfsdump may fail on a corrupt filesystem. However, if the filesystem is mountable, xfsdump can be used to try and save important data before repairing the filesystem with xfs_repair. If the filesystem is not mountable though, xfs_repair is the only viable option. DIAGNOSTICS
If the filesystem is completely corrupt, a core dump might be produced instead of the message device is not a valid filesystem If the filesystem is very large (has many files) then xfs_check might run out of memory. In this case the message out of memory is printed. The following is a description of the most likely problems and the associated messages. Most of the diagnostics produced are only meaning- ful with an understanding of the structure of the filesystem. agf_freeblks n, counted m in ag a The freeblocks count in the allocation group header for allocation group a doesn't match the number of blocks counted free. agf_longest n, counted m in ag a The longest free extent in the allocation group header for allocation group a doesn't match the longest free extent found in the allocation group. agi_count n, counted m in ag a The allocated inode count in the allocation group header for allocation group a doesn't match the number of inodes counted in the allocation group. agi_freecount n, counted m in ag a The free inode count in the allocation group header for allocation group a doesn't match the number of inodes counted free in the allocation group. block a/b expected inum 0 got i The block number is specified as a pair (allocation group number, block in the allocation group). The block is used multiple times (shared), between multiple inodes. This message usually follows a message of the next type. block a/b expected type unknown got y The block is used multiple times (shared). block a/b type unknown not expected The block is unaccounted for (not in the freelist and not in use). link count mismatch for inode nnn (name xxx), nlink m, counted n The inode has a bad link count (number of references in directories). rtblock b expected inum 0 got i The block is used multiple times (shared), between multiple inodes. This message usually follows a message of the next type. rtblock b expected type unknown got y The real-time block is used multiple times (shared). rtblock b type unknown not expected The real-time block is unaccounted for (not in the freelist and not in use). sb_fdblocks n, counted m The number of free data blocks recorded in the superblock doesn't match the number counted free in the filesystem. sb_frextents n, counted m The number of free real-time extents recorded in the superblock doesn't match the number counted free in the filesystem. sb_icount n, counted m The number of allocated inodes recorded in the superblock doesn't match the number allocated in the filesystem. sb_ifree n, counted m The number of free inodes recorded in the superblock doesn't match the number free in the filesystem. SEE ALSO
mkfs.xfs(8), xfsdump(8), xfsrestore(8), xfs_ncheck(8), xfs_repair(8), xfs(5). xfs_check(8)