Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How-to verify if my package installed successfully Post 302987428 by Scrutinizer on Friday 9th of December 2016 04:38:36 AM
Old 12-09-2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohtashims
Wouldn't pkgadd -a $INSTP/install/dadmin -d $INSTP/install/apachesrv.pkg>/tmp/install.log
always succeed even if pkgadd fails becoz of the redirection >/tmp/install.log being successful ?
Good question. No, because a redirection is not a separate command. In the case of a simple command it is considered part of the simple command..

Quote:
A "simple command" is a sequence of optional variable assignments and redirections, in any sequence, optionally followed by words and redirections, terminated by a control operator.
Shell Command Language: Simple Commands

So the return code reflects whether the simple command as a whole succeeded or not...

Quote:
If a command fails during word expansion or redirection, its exit status shall be greater than zero.
Shell Command Language: Exit Status for Commands

Last edited by Scrutinizer; 12-12-2016 at 11:57 PM..
This User Gave Thanks to Scrutinizer For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Successfully Installed Solaris 8 after all.

Hello There, Aftar all i successfully installed Solaris 8 on my Primary Slave 2nd Hard disk. Here what i did. I kept my first hard disk (Windows Me) on primary Master and put my new 2nd hard disk on Primary Slave, CDROM is on Secondary slave. When i install solaris8 it ask me two... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: abidmalik
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Verify Hardware installed on HP-UX 11

Hi - Basic question from newbie I need to find out how to verify hardware installed on HPUX server. Mid-range server - as in i need to prove to customer that a specific cpu is installed, so much memory is installed, etc. PLEASE HELP. TA (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hoffies
1 Replies

3. HP-UX

Verify Hardware installed HP-UX11

Hi - Basic question from newbie I need to find out how to verify hardware installed on HPUX server. Mid-range server - as in i need to prove to customer that a specific cpu is installed, so much memory is installed, etc. PLEASE HELP. TA (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: hoffies
16 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do I verify the integrity of a package? And how do I configure yum to add a site

How do I verify the integrity of a package? And how do I configure yum to add a site (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: 3junior
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to verify sqlplus not installed on solaris

i want to write shell script that exit by displaying error if sqlplus is not installed. The platform is oracle10g on solaris sparc. I tried the which sqlplus command, but it returns errorcode 0 even sqlplus is not installed. Kindly help? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mmunir
3 Replies

6. HP-UX

how to package my program which can be installed on HP UX

I develop a unix program in HPUX I want to package my program to install on HPUX in some dierctory folder like /user/local/sbin/xxx and preinstall some software before install my program package like xxx.depot how can i do it, have any tools like use setupfactory tools in windows ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alert0919
4 Replies

7. Ubuntu

Download same package as installed

Hi gurus, how to (just) download already installed package ? I tried sudo apt-get -d install putty but gives me Reading package lists... Done Building dependency tree Reading state information... Done putty is already the newest version. 0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: wakatana
7 Replies

8. Solaris

Package needs to be installed for using pam_mkhomedir.so?

Hi, What is the necessary package that needs to be installed for using pam_mkhomedir.so in pam.conf file? And from where can i get that file? Is that package already shipped with Solaris 10? Because when i use that file i am getting "open_module: stat(/usr/lib/security/pam_mkhomedir.so)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sathya47
1 Replies

9. Red Hat

How to verify the current NIC driver version installed in RHEL5.3??

Guys, Can you help me how to verify the current installed NIC driver version in RHEL5.3? Thanks.:D (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shtobias
1 Replies

10. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Problem when trying to remove a package using rpm command - error: package is not installed

Hello, i have installed a package by using the command sudo rpm -i filepackage.rpm package filepackage is already installed when i try to remove it, i get an error saying "is not installed": sudo rpm -e filepackage.rpm error: package filepackage is not installed How can... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: g_p
4 Replies
URL(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						    URL(4)

NAME
url -- Realtek RTL8150L USB Ethernet driver SYNOPSIS
url* at uhub? urlphy* at mii? DESCRIPTION
The url driver provides support for USB Ethernet adapters based on the Realtek RTL8150L USB-ether bridge chip. The url driver supports the following adapters: CompUSA USBKR100 GreenHouse GH-USB100B Melco Inc. LUA-KTX Sitecom LN013 For more information on configuring this device, see ifconfig(8). DIAGNOSTICS
url%d: watchdog timeout A packet was queued for transmission and a transmit command was issued, however the device failed to acknowledge the transmission before a timeout expired. url%d: no memory for rx list The driver failed to allocate an mbuf for the receiver ring. SEE ALSO
arp(4), mii(4), netintro(4), usb(4), ifconfig(8) HISTORY
The url device driver first appeared in NetBSD 1.6. AUTHORS
The url driver was written by Shingo WATANABE <nabe@nabechan.org>. BSD
September 18, 2006 BSD