Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Change the naming convention of the output file Post 302971235 by newtoaixos on Monday 18th of April 2016 04:02:55 AM
Old 04-18-2016
name convention change

Hi RudiC

Thanks for your reply.

To be frank I did not understand the proposal in post#8 since I'm just trained in AIX and new to scripts.

In the below crontab you can see that the sourcefile is of the format like servername_YYDDMM_00**.nmon

Also the destination file is of the format nmon_servername_daily_YYYY.MM.DD_00.00.00
Code:
15 12 * * * /bin/mv /vol/nmonlog/servername_160417_0010.nmon /vol/nmonlog/nmon_servername_daily_2016.04.17_00.00.00

I'm not sure how I can use the proposal in post#8 to this issue because I'm not aware of what is [0-9]* and FN.

Can you please advise me.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Naming convention for Libraries..

Hi All, I need to know standard naming convention for Unix libraries (including all flavours of unix)..As I have gone through some sites and found out The UNIX convention for naming of libraries is lib<name>.so.<major>.<minor>.<revision> so is it statndard . also does it change... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rkshukla14
0 Replies

2. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Read file and change a 0 to a 1 in output

<key>ExcludeSimpleHostnames</key> <integer>0</integer> <key>FTPPassive</key> Need simple command that will change the 0 to a 1 in this file when I grep it, but only for this integer key directly after the ExcludeSimpleHostnames key. I got this output code... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: glev2005
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change file output format

I have a file which has following contents usmtnz-dinfsi19 62 61 18400 18800 99.7 usmtnz-dinfsi19 62 61 18400 18800 99.7 i want the o/p to be like date (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Naming convention script

OK, so a quick background: I am a sys admin for a 1:1 deployment in academia with Macbooks, totaling around 6,000. Macbooks get shifted around from building to building and go to and from the repair center if hardware repair is needed. Often, some machines will get moved from one building to... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: tlarkin
8 Replies

5. Hardware

Motherboards naming convention

For the selection of motherboards, is there any naming convention in the type numbers? There is usually a brand name and sometimes a version name, but more essential details like form factor, SATA speed and maximum amount of RAM is never given. Is there a reason for that? Is there any background... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Concatenate files to one file with naming convention

Hi , i have below files in wrk folder. file names are 1102090001.CLT 1102090003.CLT 1102100019.CLT 1102100020.CLT the above files are concatenate to one file but that concatenate file name must be same naming convention. (date +%y%m%d)and 0001 count. example : concatenate file... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: krbala1985
9 Replies

7. Fedora

Basic question regarding rpm naming convention.

Hi Guys, Where would i find the list of distribution codes. For example. samba-32bit-3.4.2 -1.1.3.1.x8664.rpm In above rpm file it is indicated that its release is 1.1.3.1 . The rpm is meant to be run for opensuse. Where would i get the linking of release number and distribution. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinga123
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Check file name against convention

I need this script to check if the first 3 letters of the file name are capital. find . -type f -name *001.dpx -exec find {} ! -name ???_???_???_v??.??????.dpx \; >> ./Bad_FileNames.txt Currently it finds the first frame of the sequence and tests that against the naming convention. It works... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: scribling
6 Replies

9. Red Hat

File System Naming Convention

Hi, I am installing a new RHEL 5 application server containing JBOSS along with other specific 3rd party applications. I know that this usually gets installed in /opt but I was thinking of installing these on a new separtate lv / file system instead. i.e. /<my_new_FS_name> rather than... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Duffs22
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Naming output files based on variable parameters and input filenames

Hello, I have a series of files in sub-directories that I want to loop through, process and name according to the input filename and the various parameters I'm using to process the files. I have a number of each, for example file names like AG005574, AG004788, AG003854 and parameter values like... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bdeads
2 Replies
volfs(7FS)							   File Systems 							volfs(7FS)

NAME
volfs - Volume Management file system DESCRIPTION
volfs is the Volume Management file system rooted at root_dir. The default location for root-dir is /vol, but this can be overridden using the -d option of vold (see vold(1M)). This file system is maintained by the Volume Management daemon, vold, and will be considered to be /vol for this description. Media can be accessed in a logical manner (no association with a particular piece of hardware), or a physical manner (associated with a particular piece of hardware). Logical names for media are referred to through /vol/dsk and /vol/rdsk. /vol/dsk provides block access to random access devices. /vol/rdsk provides character access to random access devices. The /vol/rdsk and /vol/dsk directories are mirrors of one another. Any change to one is reflected in the other immediately. The dev_t for a volume will be the same for both the block and character device. The default permissions for /vol are mode=0555, owner=root, group=sys. The default permissions for /vol/dsk and /vol/rdsk are mode=01777, owner=root, group=sys. Physical references to media are obtained through /vol/dev. This hierarchy reflects the structure of the /dev name space. The default per- missions for all directories in the /vol/dev hierarchy are mode=0555, owner=root, group=sys. mkdir(2), rmdir(2), unlink(2) (rm), symlink(2) (ln -s), link(2) (ln), and rename(2) (mv) are supported, subject to normal file and direc- tory permissions. The following system calls are not supported in the /vol filesystem: creat(2), only when creating a file, and mknod(2). If the media does not contain file systems that can be automatically mounted by rmmount(1M), users can gain access to the media through the following /vol locations: +-----------------------------------+------------------------------------+ | Location | State of Media | +-----------------------------------+------------------------------------+ |/vol/dev/diskette0/unnamed_floppy | formatted unnamed floppy-block | | | device access | +-----------------------------------+------------------------------------+ |/vol/dev/rdiskette0/unnamed_floppy | formatted unnamed floppy-raw | | | device access | +-----------------------------------+------------------------------------+ |/vol/dev/diskette0/unlabeled | unlabeled floppy-block device | | | access | +-----------------------------------+------------------------------------+ |/vol/dev/rdiskette0/unlabeled | unlabeled floppy-raw device access | +-----------------------------------+------------------------------------+ |/vol/dev/dsk/c0t6/unnamed_cdrom | CD-ROM-block device access | +-----------------------------------+------------------------------------+ |/vol/dev/rdsk/c0t6/unnamed_cdrom | CD-ROM-raw device access | +-----------------------------------+------------------------------------+ For more information on the location of CD-ROM and floppy media, see System Administration Guide: Basic Administration or rmmount(1M). Partitions Some media support the concept of a partition. If the label identifies partitions on the media, the name of the media becomes a directory with partitions under it. Only valid partitions are represented. Partitions cannot be moved out of a directory. For example, if disk volume 'foo' has three valid partitions, 0, 2, and 5, then: /vol/dsk/foo/s0 /vol/dsk/foo/s2 /vol/dsk/foo/s5 for block access and /vol/rdsk/foo/s0 /vol/rdsk/foo/s2 /vol/rdsk/foo/s5 for character access. If a volume is relabeled to reflect different partitions, the name space changes to reflect the new partition layout. A format program can check to see if there are others with the volume open and not allow the format to occur if it is. Volume Management, however, does not explicitly prevent the rewriting of a label while others have the volume open. If a partition of a volume is open, and the volume is relabeled to remove that partition, it will appear exactly as if the volume were missing. A notify event will be generated and the user may cancel the operation with volcancel(1), if desired. SEE ALSO
volcancel(1), volcheck(1), volmissing(1) rmmount(1M), vold(1M), rmmount.conf(4), vold.conf(4) System Administration Guide: Basic Administration SunOS 5.10 8 Feb 1995 volfs(7FS)