Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Mount NFS Share On NFS Client via bash script. Post 302968681 by RudiC on Sunday 13th of March 2016 10:03:19 AM
Old 03-13-2016
May I question the point of having a daily job to update /etc/fstab? Even if shares were added frequently (daily), you wouldn't see them but the next day. And, what about removed shares?

If the clients are continuously up and running, create a script that actively distributes the new (or removed!) share info from the server to all the clients. If they aren't, a daily cron doesn't help anyway (but mayhap a boot script to fetch that info and update the local tables).

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Unable to mount NFS share during boot

Hello Everyone, I have a pseries machine running AIX 4.3.3 that has an invalid IP in /etc/hosts. During a boot the system hangs because it's trying to mount an NFS share to this invalid IP. I've tried to boot the system from a mksysb (not sure if the device was defined as rmt0) and AIX CD... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jlslhills
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

NFS client Mount script after boot

Hi, I have 12 AIX P series servers. One has the NFS DB2data and the others are client mounts. NFS is not in /etc/filesystem because if NFS DB2data not up the client takes 7+ minutes to give up on nfsmnt and boot up. I'd like to check that nfs is up, then do the client mount all from a startup... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sv2xs
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

can i mount nfs share on windows 2003 server

this is probably a bit dumb ...but i read somewhere that one of the nfs versions can be mounted on a windows 2003 server ..if yes ..does anyone know how this can be achieved (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tarunicon
1 Replies

4. Solaris

how to mount Windows NFS share on solaris

Hi, How can i mount an NFS share on a solaris machine a filesystem ? I have enabled nfs on a windows server and the shares has given read/write access to it to all the users. I would like to mount it on around 10 different solaris boxes with different versions of solaris. Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: uxadmin007
2 Replies

5. IP Networking

Can't see home folder on one NFS mount but can in another mount on another share

Hello, I have a few Ubuntu 9.10 laptops I'm trying to learn NFS sharing with. I am just experimenting on this right now, so no harsh words about the security of what I'm playing with, please ;) Below are the configs /etc/exports on host /home/woodnt/Homeschool... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Narnie
2 Replies

6. Web Development

NFS Share & Mount problem

Hi, I want to mount an NFS Shared folder on Windows XP to vxWorks. There doesnt seem to be a problem with the sharing. Now, when i try to mount the directory onto vxWorks (it runs on a Tumbleweed card), using a mount script (.sh), the following is the print i see on Tera Term: hostAdd... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chinmayzen
0 Replies

7. Red Hat

Not able to mount NFS share on client side

When i tried to mount the nfs i see this error message mount -t nfs 192.168.20.194:/remote/proj1 /nfsmount mount: 192.168.20.194:/remote/proj1 failed, reason given by server: Permission denied and the /etc/exports file in the host side looks like this /remote/proj1 ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: srinathk
12 Replies

8. Solaris

Can't access NFS Share on Solaris Server from a Linux Client

Hi, I am trying to access a NFS shared directory on Solaris 10 Server from a client which is RHEL 4 Server. On the NFS Server, in /etc/dfs/, I added following line to dfstab file. & then ran the following On the client machine, while running the mount command, I am... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: SunilB2011
0 Replies

9. SCO

Cannot mount NFS share (FreeNAS) onto SCO OpenServer 5.0.6

Hi! All, I am trying to mount a NFS share on my FreeNAS system onto my SCO OpenServer 5.0.6. I get the following error: mount: cannot mount /: Connection Refused (error 115) Has anyone been able to do this? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: trolley
3 Replies

10. Solaris

Solaris 10 NFS client cannot mount a share from a Windows server

I have a Solaris 10 server, I'm trying to mount a share from a Windows nfs server. If I add this entry (tst-walnut:/test_sap_nfs - /majid nfs - yes rw,soft) to my /etc/vfstab, then I can mount, but when I create a file by root:root, the file owner changes to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Hiroshi
1 Replies
DAILY(5)						      BSD File Formats Manual							  DAILY(5)

NAME
daily, daily.conf -- daily maintenance DESCRIPTION
The /etc/daily script is run, by default, every night on a NetBSD system. The /etc/daily.conf file specifies which of the standard daily services are performed. The variables described below can be set to ``YES'' or ``NO'' in the /etc/daily.conf file. Most default to ``YES'', but not all. Check the /etc/defaults/daily.conf file if you are in doubt. (Note that you should never edit /etc/defaults/daily.conf directly, as it is often replaced during system upgrades.) find_core This runs find(1) over the entire local filesystem, looking for core files. run_msgs This runs msgs(1) with the -c argument. expire_news This runs the /etc/expire.news script. purge_accounting This ages accounting files in /var/account. run_calendar This runs calendar(1) with the -a argument. check_disks This uses the df(1) and dump(8) to give disk status, and also reports failed raid(4) components. show_remote_fs In check_disks, show remote file systems, which are not reported on by default. check_mailq This runs mailq(1). check_network This runs netstat(1) with the -i argument, and also checks the rwhod(8) database, and runs ruptime(1) if there are hosts in /var/rwho. full_netstat By default, check_network outputs a summarized version of the netstat(1) report. If a full version of the output run with the -inv options is desired, set this variable. run_fsck This runs fsck(8) with the -n option. run_rdist This runs rdist(1) with /etc/Distfile. run_security This runs the /etc/security script looking for possible security problems with the system. run_skeyaudit Runs the skeyaudit(1) program to check the S/Key database and informs users of S/Keys that are about to expire. run_makemandb If the /etc/man.conf file exists, runs the makemandb(8) utility to update the man.db database for use by apropos(1). fetch_pkg_vulnerabilities Refreshes the local database of package vulnerabilities. See the settings in security.conf(5) for details on the actual package checks. The variables described below can be set to modify the tests: find_core_ignore_fstypes Lists filesystem types to ignore during the find_core phase. Prefixing the type with a '!' inverts the match. For example, 'procfs !local' will ignore 'procfs' type filesystems and filesystems that are not 'local'. find_core_ignore_paths Lists paths to ignore during the find_core phase. For example, '/export' will not descend into any directories under the '/export' hierarchy. This, on a file server, allows to skip user data while still scanning system files. run_fsck_flags Extra options to be passed to fsck(8) if run_fsck is enabled. send_empty_security If set, the report generated by the run_security phase will always be sent, even if it is empty. pkgdb_dir DEPRECATED. Please set PKGDB_DIR in pkg_install.conf(5) instead. If defined, points to the location of the packages database. Defaults to /var/db/pkg. FILES
/etc/daily daily maintenance script /etc/daily.conf daily maintenance configuration /etc/defaults/daily.conf default settings, overridden by /etc/daily.conf /etc/daily.local local site additions to /etc/daily SEE ALSO
monthly(5), security.conf(5), weekly(5) HISTORY
The /etc/daily.conf file appeared in NetBSD 1.3. BSD
July 30, 2012 BSD