Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: 0511-193 An error occurred
Operating Systems AIX 0511-193 An error occurred Post 302966245 by arunmistry on Wednesday 10th of February 2016 02:45:13 AM
Old 02-10-2016
0511-193 An error occurred

Hi,

When i am trying to read data from tape cassette its giving below error:

tar tvf /dev/rmt0

"tar: 0511-193 An error occurred while reading from the media.
A system call received a parameter that is not valid."

Tape Library : - IBM TS3100
Tape Cassette : - Ultrium LTO 5

Regards,
Arun Mistry

Last edited by arunmistry; 02-10-2016 at 03:47 AM.. Reason: System details inserting

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

lsmksysb: error 0511-119 & 0511-137 ?

I have 2 workstations that when I do the smitty lsmksysb to verify the tape created by the smitty mksysb, both fail on the same problem: restore: 0511-119 There is a missing header block. restore: 0511-137 Trying to find the next header. Data maybe lost. Starting again at file .... I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Browser_ice
3 Replies

2. AIX

tar: 0511-193 An error

Hi all, when i exucte comman to see the contents of tape it gives an error like tar: 0511-193 An error occurred while reading from the media. The media surface is damaged and insert clean catridge tape to clean the tape in tape then again i got the same.when i excute the same above... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: younusdba
1 Replies

3. Red Hat

rhn_register A socket error occurred

All, I'm getting the following error while I try to register the server to connect the redhat network for the updates. rhn_register updateLoginInfo() login info rhn_register A socket error occurred: (111, 'Connection refused'), attempt #1 rhn_register A socket error occurred: (111,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: s_linux
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sort: 0653-657 A write error occurred while sorting.

Hi I am trying to sort a file of 88075743B size. I am doing some processing on the file and after the processing is done; I get 2 files temp1 and temp2. I need to combine both these files as one and this final file should be sorted on fields 1 and 2. Space is the delimiter between fields. Record... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: diksha2207
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep only last occurred error in error.log,

hi folk i need your help to find one logic.... i have error log same as any other error logs which get populated by no of events and errors... but i need to grep the last occured errors.. which cant be duplicate. here is my script. ======================== #!/usr/bin/ksh grep -i... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tapia
3 Replies

6. Red Hat

KusuDB: Operational Error occurred when connecting to the DB

I have RHEL5.3 that is with the Platform Cluster Manger PCM installation. on master node. Unfortunately some files were deleted from the /var directory and then the postgresql service couldn't start. I have deleted, rm -rf /var/lib/pgsql/data and started the service again now the service is running... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ahsanpmd
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Error occurred while making the net-snmp 5.4.4 on Solaris 5.10 version.

Hi all, Error occurred while making the net-snmp-5.4.4 on Solaris 5.10 version. Environment - Solaris 5.10-x86 - Net-SNMP-5.4.4.tar.gz - Path (/etc/profile) PATH=/usr/local/bin:$PATH export PATH LD_LIBRARY_PATHUSR=/usr/ccs/bin: export LD_LIBRARY_PATH Error01 - summary ***... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ziosnim
3 Replies

8. AIX

0511-432 mksysb ulimit

Hi guys, i'm a student in IT specially AIX. I'm from france and i'm not very fluent in english. My problem is about create an mksysb from a NIM MASTER 0512-005 mksysb: Backup Completed.urred for rootvg. than thThe backup command completed with errors. backup: The messages displayed on... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tharsan
12 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error occurred during initialization of VM

Hi , I was invoking a sh file using the nohup command. But while invoking, I received a below error. Error occurred during initialization of VM Unable to load native library: /u01/libjava.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory . Could you please help out. Regards,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kamal1108
2 Replies
HT(4)							     Kernel Interfaces Manual							     HT(4)

NAME
ht - TM-03/TE-16,TU-45,TU-77 MASSBUS magtape interface SYNOPSIS
/sys/conf/SYSTEM: NHT ht_drives # TE16, TU45, TU77 /etc/dtab: #Name Unit# Addr Vector Br Handler(s) # Comments ht ? 172440 224 5 htintr # tu 16 massbus tape major device number(s): raw: 6 block: 0 minor device encoding: bits 0003 specify HT drive bit 0004 specifies no-rewind operation bit 0010 specifies 1600BPI recording density instead of 800BPI DESCRIPTION
The tm-03/transport combination provides a standard tape drive interface as described in mtio(4). All drives provide both 800 and 1600 bpi; the TE-16 runs at 45 ips, the TU-45 at 75 ips, while the TU-77 runs at 125 ips and autoloads tapes. FILES
/dev/MAKEDEV script to create special files /dev/MAKEDEV.local script to localize special files SEE ALSO
mt(1), tar(1), tp(1), mtio(4), tm(4), ts(4), dtab(5), autoconfig(8) DIAGNOSTICS
tu%d: no write ring. An attempt was made to write on the tape drive when no write ring was present; this message is written on the termi- nal of the user who tried to access the tape. tu%d: not online. An attempt was made to access the tape while it was offline; this message is written on the terminal of the user who tried to access the tape. tu%d: can't change density in mid-tape. An attempt was made to write on a tape at a different density than is already recorded on the tape. This message is written on the terminal of the user who tried to switch the density. tu%d: hard error bn%d er=%b ds=%b. A tape error occurred at block bn; the ht error register and drive status register are printed in octal with the bits symbolically decoded. Any error is fatal on non-raw tape; when possible the driver will have retried the operation which failed several times before reporting the error. BUGS
If any non-data error is encountered on non-raw tape, it refuses to do anything more until closed. The system should remember which controlling terminal has the tape drive open and write error messages to that terminal rather than on the console. 3rd Berkeley Distribution January 28, 1988 HT(4)