Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Do UNIX signals produce interrupts? Post 302945775 by Tru69 on Tuesday 2nd of June 2015 04:26:16 PM
Old 06-02-2015
Thanks for your answer.

Raising flags in a process structure was the idea I had about signal posting. It is this "cross-processor interrupt" thing what made me doubt. I've been looking for information about this, and it seems to be Solaris related. This is a quote from the Solaris Internals book:

Quote:
Interprocessor interrupts
The delivery of a signal may require interrupting a thread on another processor
However, I still don't know why such a signal delivery requires interrupting the processor the process is running in. Why can't those flags be simply raised for this process?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Unix/Linux Newbie(ish) Question - IPC/Signals

:) Hello, i have been given the following code to help me learn how to use signals, it won't compile. The problem maybe because this was written for use in Unix and i am trying to compile in Linux. The error i get says that SIGPIPE and SIG_IGN are undeclared. I think that these are defined... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: theultimatechuf
2 Replies

2. Programming

Signals in Unix Solaris

I am doing a project to stimulate the scheduing policy of an OS under Unix Solaris. Its something like that: A process, say A will communicate to another process, which is the OS, and then execute the system call, pause(); The stimulated OS will then have to use sigsend(); to send a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: heljy
1 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Does unix use interrupts?

I'm a freshman here and I have a simple question. Does unix use interrupts which is like Dos? Are they the same? Thx.:cool: (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Frank_M
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

catching interrupts

hey i have been facing a problem,can you tell me if we can catch ctrl d in unix i have tried and sucessfully catched and disabled ctrl-c and ctrl -z but am not sure if we can do the same for CTRL-D, so got any clue mail on he forum or ...i mean c programming in Unix thats what i am working on (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: toughguy2handle
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Interrupts problems

Hi, My machine is a Unixware 7.1.3 is a files server, and I had never problem with that machine, but since two days, the machine presents slows problems, i think that the problem is te device interrupts, I had checked all and I dont found it any problem. Any idea? Thanks, (sorry my... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: By_Jam
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Traps and Interrupts

Well, I don't know where exactly to ask this doubt so I'm asking in the newbie section. I was reading about traps and interrupts when I thought of traps as something that cease the control of the OS from the user and interrupts that cease the control yet provide support for multitasking. Am I right... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Legend986
3 Replies

7. Linux

How to interrupts work queue with signals

Hi masters, I am doing a project to regulate network bandwidth. I am using workqueue to implement packets management (I uses kernel threads inside each of these work queue) , netfilter hooks to implement packet catcher . All my modules individually works fine . But when I run my workqueues,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: iamjayanth
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

about concept of Interrupts.

Hi all, I am new here ,i want to know about interrupts in detail.What r Interrupts .how they r handeled. Thanx in adavnce. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vishwasrao
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

A question about signals in Unix

Whats a signal 0. An exhaustive search on signals landed me nowhere. Is it possible to do something like this trap "echo $var" 0. If so what signal does this trap catch ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kinny
2 Replies
bt-monitor(1)							    bluez-tools 						     bt-monitor(1)

NAME
bt-monitor - a bluetooth monitor SYNOPSIS
bt-monitor [OPTION...] Help Options: -h, --help Application Options: -a, --adapter=<name|mac> DESCRIPTION
This utility is used to capture DBus signals of bluetoothd. Captured next signals: Manager signals: AdapterAdded AdapterRemoved DefaultAdapterChanged Adapter signals: DeviceCreated DeviceDisappeared DeviceFound DeviceRemoved AdapterPropertyChanged Device signals: DisconnectRequested DevicePropertyChanged Services signals: AudioServiceConnected InputServiceConnected NetworkServiceConnected OPTIONS
-h, --help Show help -a, --adapter <name|mac> Specify adapter to capture by his Name or MAC address (if this option does not defined - all adapters captured) AUTHOR
Alexander Orlenko <zxteam@gmail.com>. SEE ALSO
bt-adapter(1) bt-agent(1) bt-audio(1) bt-device(1) bt-input(1) bt-network(1) bt-serial(1) 2010-08-16 bt-monitor(1)