Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking Getting MAXIMUM transfer speed on LAN Post 302932903 by freddie50 on Monday 26th of January 2015 08:19:22 AM
Old 01-26-2015
Thank you very much guys.
I am starting to investigate, seems like I have a lot to learn on how to tweak the Switch and the OSes!
Thank you indeed for your help.

OS used is CentOS 6.6 on the two boxes.

Kind regards,
freddie50

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

dmidecode, RAM speed = "Current Speed: Unknown"

Hello, I have a Supermicro server with a P4SCI mother board running Debian Sarge 3.1. This is the "dmidecode" output related to RAM info: RAM speed information is incomplete.. "Current Speed: Unknown", is there anyway/soft to get the speed of installed RAM modules? thanks!! Regards :)... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Santi
0 Replies

2. Solaris

How to configure private LAN and coporate LAN on the same machine-Solaris10

Hi , I am trying to configure a private LAN and corporate LAN on the same machien on Solaris 10. How can I achieve this? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: deedee
1 Replies

3. Linux

lan help

iam using open suse 10.3 in dual boot with windows internet is through Lan(ethernet) in windows by entering below data in Lan properties net is coming the information is bellow ip 10.2.45.67 subnet 255.255.0.0 default gate way 10.1.1.4... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: seshumohan
3 Replies

4. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

data from blktrace: read speed V.S. write speed

I analysed disk performance with blktrace and get some data: read: 8,3 4 2141 2.882115217 3342 Q R 195732187 + 32 8,3 4 2142 2.882116411 3342 G R 195732187 + 32 8,3 4 2144 2.882117647 3342 I R 195732187 + 32 8,3 4 2145 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: W.C.C
1 Replies

5. IP Networking

Local Lan, no-ip directed DNS forward, surf within lan

Hi, We have a website running on a local centos 5.4 surfer, static IP. The domain.com uses no-ip.com to take care of the DNS, it forwards all to my server. My router receives the port 80 call, routes it to my server and the world can see domain.com perfectly fine. However, we cannot see... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lawstudent
3 Replies

6. Red Hat

Different hostnames with reboot while lan cable, no lan cable

I am facing strange problem regarding hostname on my Linux(2.6.18-164.el5xen x86_64 GNU/Linux), the hostname changes if reboot with lan cable and with NO lan cable Reboot with lan cable: The hostname is ubunut Unable to connect Oracle database using sqlplus some times database is not... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LinuxLearner
2 Replies

7. IP Networking

lan

how can i make lan between two or more computers having linux fedora as os...? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ravi Kumar Mish
1 Replies

8. Fedora

about lan

how can i lan between two or more computers having linux fedora as os? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ravi Kumar Mish
1 Replies

9. IP Networking

how to increse server lan speed in hp-ux

Hi, I've a problem in hp-ux server, i.e.how to increase Ethernet speed. i dont've time to trials on production server please help me (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: karlapudi.ramu
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Limit transfer speed rate by iptables Rules

I have D-Link Router DSL-2730U that support busybox OS and iptables version 1.4.0 I managed successfully to block the host for being connect to the internet using the following command block by ip address iptables -I FORWARD -d 192.168.1.6 -j DROP Or By mac source iptables -I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: iLinux85
0 Replies
CNW(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						    CNW(4)

NAME
cnw -- Netwave AirSurfer wireless network driver SYNOPSIS
cnw* at pcmcia? function ? DESCRIPTION
The cnw interface provides access to a theoretical 1 Mb/s wireless Ethernet network based on the Netwave AirSurfer Wireless LAN (formerly known as the Xircom Netwave Wireless LAN). Note that the driver does not support newer devices such as the Netwave AirSurfer ``Plus'', or the BayStack 650/660. These devices are sup- ported by the awi(4) driver. Netwave devices are not compatible with IEEE 802.11 wireless networks. Also note that there are Netwave devices with different wireless fre- quency, depending on the radio band plan in each country. The card uses 36K of I/O memory mapped to the card. You may need to increase memory space available to the PCMCIA controller. See pcmcia(4) for details. In use, the cards appear to achieve up to a 420Kb/s transfer rate, though a transfer rate between 250Kb/s and 350Kb/s is typical. The card operates in the 2.4GHz frequency range and is subject to interference from microwaves, IEEE 802.11 wireless network devices, as well as earth. For example, it seems that IEEE 802.11 channel 14 conflicts with Netwave (US frequency). They interfere with each other if they are both operated in the same geographic region, causing weird packet loss. You may be able to avoid the interference with IEEE 802.11 devices, by changing the IEEE 802.11 channel. HARDWARE
Cards supported by the cnw driver include: Xircom CreditCard Netwave NetWave AirSurfer DIAGNOSTICS
cnw0: can't map memory Indicates that the driver was not able to allocate enough PCMCIA bus address space into which to map the device. See pcmcia(4) and increase memory available to the PCMCIA controller. SEE ALSO
arp(4), awi(4), inet(4), intro(4), pcmcia(4), cnwctl(8) BSD
January 5, 1997 BSD