Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Loop overwrite first input
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Loop overwrite first input Post 302930632 by samsan on Tuesday 6th of January 2015 05:05:49 AM
Old 01-06-2015
RudiC,
yeah I do see the problem but I did not know how to fix , however , the way pravin27 provided helped. thank you

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

TCSH.need help.take input during a while/end loop

I am writting a script in csh and I am blanking out on how I code in the ability to process user input in the middle of a while/end loop. while(1) args.. end it is a simple script, and I want to add hotkey functions, like q to quit, z to zero counters, etc.. Google has not been very... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: seg
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

input inside while read loop

Hi all Does anyone have a script that will allow me to stop inside a while read loop. I want to pause the loop until a enter is pressed. e.g. While read line do echo something if LINECOUNT > 40 then read ENTER?"PRESS ENTER TO CONT..." ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhansrod
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help with using input file in the while loop

here's my code: ls -lt | /usr/bin/egrep `date +"%Y%m%d(05|06|07|08|09|10|11|12|13|14|15|16|17|18|19)"` | \ /usr/bin/egrep -i .dat | /usr/bin/awk '{print $9}' > $LockboxFile1 if ] then ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sytycd712
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Input redirection and for loop

Hello, I need help with a bash script that I try to improve. I could not find answer so far, maybe because I'm not to familiar with the terminology so feel free to correct my language. I have a script that looks like: NODES="node_a node_b node_c" for NODE in $NODES do ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pn8830
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Requesting input and for loop

Test - Test (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Amit Sura
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

make loop from input file

Hi Guys, I have file A.txt PP97 PP66 PP87 PP66 PP47 PP57 PP44 PP20 PP66 PP16 PP13 PP51 PP68 PP70 PP75 PP30 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asavaliya
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Loop breaks on yes/no user input

I have a shell script, and its pretty much done, I decided to add a loop that ends or continues depending on user input. like "would you like to continue?" and if I hit y or yes it will run the loop again until I hit n or no and breaks out of the loop. To be hones I didn't think I needed to add... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Demon_Jester
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

While loop, input from find command

Hello nix Experts, I am a *nix rookie and have run into this issue, can some one help me here and let me know what I am doing wrong. /home/user1> while read n > do > echo $n > done < <(find . -type f -ctime -1 | grep abc) I am getting the below error: -sh: syntax error near... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: babyPen1985
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

While loop with input in a bash script

I have the following while loop that I put in a script, demo.sh: while read rna; do aawork=$(echo "${rna}" | sed -n -e 's/\(...\)\1 /gp' | sed -f rna.sed) echo "$aawork" | sed 's/ //g' echo "$aawork" | tr ' ' '\012' | sort | sed '/^$/d' | uniq -c | sed 's/*\(*\) \(.*\)/\2: \... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: faizlo
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

For in loop - two input variables

When I create a newfile, I am using the filename as a variable to create the new filename. When I ouput it, the filename contains the file extension in the middle of the file example: router1.txtshcdpneighbors.txt router2.logshcdpneighbors.txt My initial approach was to strip it out, now I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dis0wned
2 Replies
AGE(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						    AGE(4)

NAME
age -- Attansic L1 10/100/Gigabit Ethernet device SYNOPSIS
age* at pci? atphy* at mii? DESCRIPTION
The age driver provides support for Ethernet interfaces based on the Attansic L1 Ethernet chipset. The age driver supports IPv4 receive IP/TCP/UDP checksum offload and VLAN tag insertion and stripping. The following media types are supported: autoselect Enable autoselection of the media type and options. 10baseT Set 10Mbps operation. 100baseTX Set 100Mbps (Fast Ethernet) operation. 1000baseT Set 1000Mbps (Gigabit Ethernet) operation. For more information on configuring this device, see ifconfig(8). To view a list of media types and options supported by the card, try ifconfig <device> media. For example, ifconfig age0 media. SEE ALSO
arp(4), atphy(4), ifmedia(4), intro(4), netintro(4), pci(4), ifconfig(8) HISTORY
The age device driver first appeared in OpenBSD 4.5. It was then ported to NetBSD 5.1. AUTHORS
The age driver was written by Pyun YongHyeon for FreeBSD, ported to OpenBSD by Kevin Lo <kevlo@OpenBSD.org> then ported to NetBSD by Christoph Egger <cegger@NetBSD.org>. BSD
May 5, 2009 BSD