Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Does ldmp2v supports vxfs and zfs file systems ? Post 302930284 by jlliagre on Thursday 1st of January 2015 01:48:55 PM
Old 01-01-2015
Note that the last statement (zones) no more apply to the current ldmp2v utility. Better to always look at up to date documentation: https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E38405_01...html#scrolltoc

No change with ZFS or VXFS though.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Processor and memory supports

HI i'am Giancarlo D. Jabon student from AMA Computer University is anyone among all of you who knows the maximum processor and memory supports in Sun Solaris 10 Thanks !!!! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: giancarlodjabon
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

does grep supports regular expession

hi , does grep supports regular expression why the following is not working ls -a | grep "^." or ls -a | grep '^.' (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: useless79
1 Replies

3. SCO

VxFS filesystem

Hello, Am basically working on VxFS filesystem and while tracking the file, I got stuck at one point. As I am able to locate the superblock(it is at offset 1024 from the start of partition). And from superblock I got the sector no. of "OLT extent". By jumping to the sector no where OLT... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ghimanshu
1 Replies

4. SCO

Error: msgcnt 1 vxfs: mesg 016: vx_ilisterr - / file system error reading

Hello... i got an error in my SCO OpenServer 6. the error is: msgcnt 1 vxfs: mesg 016: vx_ilisterr - / file system error reading inode 373 Can anyone help me? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: AndryMB
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Anyone worked with ldmp2v?

Hi, has anyone worked with ldmp2v utility to convert a physical machine to a virtual. I am been trying to convert an ultra 45 (test machine) to an ldom on a T6320 blade server (with ldom manager 1.3) but have been unsuccessful. The firmware of the blade has been upgrade to the latest available.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mack1982
0 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

From Systems Admin to Systems Eng.

I have been wondering how do Systems Administrators do the jump into Systems Engineering? Is it only a matter of time and experience or could I actually help myself get there? Opinions? Books I could read? Thanks a lot for your help! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: svalenciatech
0 Replies

7. Solaris

Logical Domains on T-series: ldmp2v

Hey all, I was wondering if anyone had an idea as to what I could do to troubleshoot this potential issue. # ldmp2v prepare -v -c 8 -o keep-mac -o keep-hostid -M 2048M -d /p2v/cm02 cm04 Creating vdisks ... Creating vdisk cm04-disk0 ... Creating volume cm04-vol0@primary-vds0 (70494 MB)...... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Keepcase
2 Replies

8. Red Hat

Kcryptd - Which kernel supports MultiThread

I am currently have Centos 5.5 which consumes more CPU waiting for Kcrypt process. Later came to know that kcrypt is single threaded and hence consumes one CPU, results in performance degradation. Does any one really knows/practically experimented multithread of Kcryptd process with any of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ragavendraganes
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Restore of Netapp FC lun targets used as the disks for a zpool with exported zfs file systems

So, We have a Netapp storage solution. We have Sparc T4-4s running with LDOMS and client zones in the LDOMS, We are using FC for storage comms. So here's the basic setup FC luns are exported to the primary on the Sparc box. using LDM they are then exported to the LDOM using vdisk. at the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: os2mac
4 Replies
AMZFS-SNAPSHOT(8)					  System Administration Commands					 AMZFS-SNAPSHOT(8)

NAME
amzfs-snapshot - Amanda script to create zfs snapshot DESCRIPTION
amzfs-snapshot is an Amanda script implementing the Script API. It should not be run by users directly. It create a zfs snapshot of the filesystem where the path specified is mounted. PRE-DLE-* create a snapshot and the POST-DLE-* destroy the snapshot, *-DLE-AMCHECK, *-DLE-ESTIMATE and *-DLE-BACKUP must be set to be executed on the client: execute-on pre-dle-amcheck, post-dle-amcheck, pre-dle-estimate, post-dle-estimate, pre-dle-backup, post-dle-backup execute-where client The PRE_DLE_* script output a DIRECTORY property telling where the directory is located in the snapshot. The application must be able to use the DIRECTORY property, amgtar can do it. The script is run as the amanda user, it must have the priviledge to create and destroy snapshot: zfs allow -ldu AMANDA_USER mount,snapshot,destroy FILESYSTEM Some system doesn't have "zfs allow", but you can give the Amanda backup user the rights to manipulate ZFS filesystems by using the following command: usermod -P "ZFS File System Management,ZFS Storage Management" AMANDA_USER This will require that your run zfs under pfexec, set the PFEXEC property to YES. The format of the DLE must be one of: Desciption Example ---------- ------- Mountpoint /data Arbitrary mounted dir /data/interesting_dir ZFS pool name datapool ZFS filesystem datapool/database ZFS logical volume datapool/dbvol The filesystem must be mounted. PROPERTIES
This section lists the properties that control amzfs-snapshot's functionality. See amanda-scripts(7) for information on the Script API, script configuration. DF-PATH Path to the 'df' binary, search in $PATH by default. ZFS-PATH Path to the 'zfs' binary, search in $PATH by default. PFEXEC-PATH Path to the 'pfexec' binary, search in $PATH by default. PFEXEC If "NO" (the default), pfexec is not used, if set to "YES" then pfexec is used. EXAMPLE
In this example, a dumptype is defined to use amzfs-snapshot script to create a snapshot and use amgtar to backup the snapshot. define script-tool amzfs_snapshot { comment "backup of zfs snapshot" plugin "amzfs-snapshot" execute-on pre-dle-amcheck, post-dle-amcheck, pre-dle-estimate, post-dle-estimate, pre-dle-backup, post-dle-backup execute-where client #property "DF-PATH" "/usr/sbin/df" #property "ZFS-PATH" "/usr/sbin/zfs" #property "PFEXEC-PATH" "/usr/sbin/pfexec" #property "PFEXEC" "NO" } define dumptype user-zfs-amgtar { dt_amgtar script "amzfs_snapshot" } SEE ALSO
amanda(8), amanda.conf(5), amanda-client.conf(5), amanda-scripts(7) The Amanda Wiki: : http://wiki.zmanda.com/ AUTHORS
Jean-Louis Martineau <martineau@zmanda.com> Zmanda, Inc. (http://www.zmanda.com) Dustin J. Mitchell <dustin@zmanda.com> Zmanda, Inc. (http://www.zmanda.com) Amanda 3.3.3 01/10/2013 AMZFS-SNAPSHOT(8)