Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Ftp issue
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Ftp issue Post 302928734 by ramkumar15 on Monday 15th of December 2014 01:35:12 AM
Old 12-15-2014
ravinder.

I am unable to enter into that directory still by using the commands.

Code:
cd *"*BANK ISI-Bas*"*

---------- Post updated at 01:35 AM ---------- Previous update was at 01:22 AM ----------

I am unable to enter into the directory by using the below comment.

could you plz check from your end. what I need to do.

Code:
cd *"*BANK ISI-Bas*"*

Last edited by Don Cragun; 12-15-2014 at 03:18 AM.. Reason: Add CODE tags again.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP Issue, Help please

folks; when i manually run this script below, it works fine, but when i run it using a scheduler like "autosys" it doesn't work & i get this error: ftp: connect: A remote host refused an attempted connect operation The script: ftp -n XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX <<- eof User Pswd cd xxx/xxxx/xxx... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: moe2266
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP issue

I have tried to ftp from unix to local window machine. I have taken this piece of code from forum and tried ... #!/bin/ksh #Usage example: ftpscript sanjit.txt C:/citi/readme.txt localFile=$1 remoteFile=$2 ftplog=loglog.log echo "$(date "+%H:%M:%S") - Attempt to FTP $1 to $2" > $ftplog #... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: u263066
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

ftp issue

I was changing a bit of the existing script and didnt comment the ftp part in it. So, the ftp step executed, but there was no input file. I got the message like this netout: write returned 0? 250 Transfer completed successfully. What does this mean?. Has the ftp replaced the existing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dnat
1 Replies

4. IP Networking

FTP issue

Hello all, FTP times out when I transfer large files. Small files get transffered fine. small files -------- -bash-3.1$ ftp -i cldevoradb01 Connected to cldevoradb01.enterprisenet.org. 220 (vsFTPd 2.0.5) 530 Please login with USER and PASS. 530 Please login with USER and PASS.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: luft
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

ftp issue

Hi again, I'm using the following shell script via cron to upload the daily log files from my shell to the web server so we can view them online. But somehow logs get corrupted and i don't know what's issue. I would really appreciate for your help please. Shell Script: ftp.sh #!/bin/sh... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: user`
3 Replies

6. Red Hat

FTP issue

Hi, I have installed RHEL 5 on Vmware. I have configured a simple FTP. I am able to transfer and receive files from the vmware-RHEL to my desktop on which vmware is installed and vice-versa. But when i try from other machine in the network it fails. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chetansingh23
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Ftp issue

Hi we are facing an issue on our server our job connects to a target server and pulls the file from a location .But it is taking too much time to do this . Hwne i manully do the ftp it finished in few seconds .but when the jobs is pulling it is taking 30 to 40 min . please see the log... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ptappeta
1 Replies

8. Red Hat

FTP issue

Hi everybody, I would like to findout a directory or a file which is located at ftp server by connecting with ftp <ip> by using any other linux utility. I tried with find and locate commands in this manner but didnt work. Please help me. Regards, Mastan (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mastansaheb
1 Replies

9. IP Networking

Issue with FTP?

HI Guys, Issue:: While doing bye command on ftp, it just hings as below untill you try Ctrl+C 891 bytes received in 0.0017 seconds (526.16 Kbytes/s) ftp> bye 221-You have transferred 0 bytes in 0 files. I too have tried with other commands like, close, disconnect etc but no luck. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Atp3530
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ftp issue

In the automated process. due to space in between banking and critical, the below command is not working in the automated process. Can anyone help it out. If I am putting cd banking critical-Bas" and file get ftp'ed. but not through the below line ftp -m "ftp.com" -d "banking critical-Bas" (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramkumar15
4 Replies
uulog(1)						      General Commands Manual							  uulog(1)

NAME
uulog - Displays UUCP log files SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/uucp/uulog -f system [-number] uulog uulog systems [-number] uulog -s system [-number] uulog -x [systems] The uulog command displays the contents of a log file of uucico or uuxqt activities. STANDARDS
Interfaces documented on this reference page conform to industry standards as follows: uulog: XCU5.0 Refer to the standards(5) reference page for more information about industry standards and associated tags. OPTIONS
[Tru64 UNIX] Performs a tail -f on the file transfer log for the specified system, displaying the end of the log file. Use the Interrupt key sequence to leave the file and return to the prompt. Prints information about copy requests involving the specific system. If no sys- tem is specified, information is displayed for all systems. Note: System name can contain only ASCII characters. [Tru64 UNIX] Displays the uuxqt log file for the specified systems. If no systems are specified, information is displayed for all systems. [Tru64 UNIX] Displays the last lines of the log file. The number of lines is determined by the number argument. (To display the lines, the uulog command issues a tail for the specified number of lines.) DESCRIPTION
Individual log files are created for each remote system with which the local system communicates using the uucp, uusend, uuto, or uux com- mands. Use the uulog command to display a summary of uucp, uusend, uuto, and uux command requests by a system or systems. All of these transac- tions are logged in files under the /usr/spool/uucp/.Log/ directory. The files are named daemon_name/system, where the daemon_name direc- tory is named for the daemon involved and the system file is named for the remote system the daemon is contacting. The uucp and uuto commands call the uucico daemon. The uucico activities are logged in the system file in the /usr/spool/uucp/.Log/uucico directory. The uux and uusend commands call the uuxqt daemon. The uuxqt activities are logged in the /usr/spool/uucp/.Log/uuxqt/system file. You can examine these individual log files by issuing the uulog command directly. However, you can also have these temporary log files appended to a primary log file that you can then examine. This is called compacting the log files and is handled by uudemon.cleanu, a shell script in /usr/lib/uucp. NOTES
The uulog utility is marked LEGACY in XCU Issue 5. EXAMPLES
To display the uucico log file for system hera, enter: uulog -s hera [Tru64 UNIX] To display the uuxqt log file, enter: uulog -x [Tru64 UNIX] To display the last forty lines of the file transfer log for system zeus, enter: uulog -f zeus -40 To display the uucico log file for systems pluto and venus, enter: uulog pluto venus [Tru64 UNIX] To display the uuxqt log file for systems pluto and venus, enter: uulog -x pluto venus FILES
Contains log files. Public directory. SEE ALSO
Commands: ct(1), cu(1), tail(1), tip(1), uucico(8), uucleanup(8), uucp(1), uuencode(1), uudecode(1), uuname(1), uupick(1), uusched(8), uusend(1), uustat(1), uuto(1), uux(1) Standards: standards(5) uulog(1)