Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Shell Programming (beginner help) Post 302924102 by vbe on Thursday 6th of November 2014 08:05:49 AM
Old 11-06-2014
Thead closed...
But Welcome to the forums, we have a special forum for home/course work:
https://www.unix.com/homework-and-coursework-questions/
Pease repost , following the special rules that apply:
Rules for Homework & Coursework Questions Forum

All the best
This User Gave Thanks to vbe For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script for Beginner

I have a folder with lots of file. e.g. a.txt, b.txt, c.txt.... I want to put these files from the source directory and place them in a destination directory in a specific order, such as /destination/a/a.txt, /destination/b/b.txt, /destination/c/c.txt, ...... Please help. Thx :confused: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aaron_fong
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Beginner shell script help

. ./testFile.sh url=http://ichart.finance.yahoo.com/table.csv?s= suf=&d=5&e=9&f=2009&g=d&a=1&b=4&c=1999&ignore=.csv wget $url$s1$suf; sleep 10; cat header.txt > $s1.txt; chmod 777 $s1.txt; sed '1d' table.csv?s\=$s1 >> $s1.txt; rm -Rf table* Very new at shell scripting as you can see... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: harte
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Beginner Shell Programming Question

Hello all, I am currently try to learn the linux operating system as well as some bash programming. I have come across some online course work which has been very helpful, I have been working through some assignments and since I have no teacher to ask I have come to you experts. So the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: g2axiom
6 Replies

4. Programming

beginner to c programming

hii friends i m fairy new to c programming.can any one suggest some good websites and some good books for beginner (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pankajchandel
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script (beginner) need help...

Hello, I'm new to Sheel script and I need your help for a script I need to develop (for me). Indead, I have a software which log all entry from internet and save it in text file. But, the log is practically unreadable because every 256 characters jump to a new line (even if the message is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: acidoangel
5 Replies

6. Homework & Coursework Questions

Shell-script loops beginner

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: "Create a shell script that changes the selected word to another word in all files from selected archive. The... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: oibanuelos
1 Replies

7. Programming

Shell programming ksh AIX - beginner

Hi! I have two shell scripts - Script1, Script2 Script1, Script2 - have return parameter Script1 - is calling Script2 in Script2 I am calling program sqlldr - if this program is called then I did not get the return parameter from Script1 Do You have any idea how can I avoid this problem. Mroki (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mroki
6 Replies

8. Homework & Coursework Questions

Shell Script (beginner)

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Arguments: http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8070/8212131370_8b6e8c10c5_c.jpg I am given these three arguments. $1, $2, $3 The first argument is the path to a directory. So, how would I go into the directory and compare files? I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: spider-man
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

A beginner needing some help programming documents

Hi all, I'm a fairly new beginner with shell programming and python programming. I have a mac (mountain lion OS 10.8.2) and use the terminal for programming. I'm trying to use the unix to easily organize some language data that I am working with. Basically I have to word lists, that I need to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nomadblue
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

C shell - a question of a beginner

Hi, can someone explain how this aliases work: alias m 'if ( \!:$ =~ *gz) set status = 1 && most \!:$ || gzcat \!:1 | most ' I mean, I know what it does, but I don't know how - what is \!:$ and \!:1 - how do it used the && and || - what it does with status variable? thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tzvikao
3 Replies
URL(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						    URL(4)

NAME
url -- Realtek RTL8150L USB Ethernet driver SYNOPSIS
url* at uhub? urlphy* at mii? DESCRIPTION
The url driver provides support for USB Ethernet adapters based on the Realtek RTL8150L USB-ether bridge chip. The url driver supports the following adapters: CompUSA USBKR100 GreenHouse GH-USB100B Melco Inc. LUA-KTX Sitecom LN013 For more information on configuring this device, see ifconfig(8). DIAGNOSTICS
url%d: watchdog timeout A packet was queued for transmission and a transmit command was issued, however the device failed to acknowledge the transmission before a timeout expired. url%d: no memory for rx list The driver failed to allocate an mbuf for the receiver ring. SEE ALSO
arp(4), mii(4), netintro(4), usb(4), ifconfig(8) HISTORY
The url device driver first appeared in NetBSD 1.6. AUTHORS
The url driver was written by Shingo WATANABE <nabe@nabechan.org>. BSD
September 18, 2006 BSD