Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: IDE for C programs on AIX
Operating Systems AIX IDE for C programs on AIX Post 302908895 by SteAlma on Friday 11th of July 2014 07:13:25 AM
Old 07-11-2014
IDE for C programs on AIX

Hi,

I need an IDE for my C application based on AIX 5.3
is there any IDE that I could use directly in AIX or I have to use X window server to visualise it on windows?

Thanks in advance
Hasnaa

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Good IDE for C++ on RS6000/AIX

I am looking for the above Can anyone point me to a reliable product, with available support in the forseeable future ? Seeker (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Seeker
0 Replies

2. Programming

C/C++ IDE for FreeBSD

Hi folks I'm looking for a easy-to-use C/C++ IDE to develop application for X-windows on FreeBSD (window manager is OpenBox, and I don't have KDE/Gnome installed)! Is there a good programming IDE for this?? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tos
1 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

shift hard disk from primary IDE channel to secondary IDE channal

Wellcomes All, some times ago I 've installed a Debian ditribution on an Hard Disk who was set as Primary Master. Few days ago, I 've decided to install another Hard Disk with a different Operating System. When I did that, I turned off the old hard disk, and I mouted the new one on the Primary IDE... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thekarsillo
1 Replies

4. Linux

Any IDE's for Linux??

I know we are supposed to be using UNIX as a collection of tools but are there any big applications where I can run/test C programs without exposing the poor things to the outside world? :D (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: treedroppings
3 Replies

5. Programming

C++ ide

Hi, I'm using command line for editing(vi), building(make), debugging(gdb) applications written in C++ . To which IDE it is easyest/fastest to move such command-line project. Seems that SlickEdit requires to do mass of settings to create its own project. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mitan_shahverdy
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Are programs like sys_open( ) ,sys_read( ) et al examples of system level programs ?

Are the programs written on schedulers ,thread library , process management, memory management, et al called systems programs ? How are they different from the programs that implement functions like open() , printf() , scanf() , read() .. they have a prefix sys_open, sys_close, sys_read etc , right... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vishwamitra
1 Replies

7. AIX

Installing programs on AIX

G'day all. Thanks to everyone for helping me getting my h50 rs/6000 server going Now i need just a bit more help. Can anyone tell me how i install other software using remote console? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ADS2459
2 Replies

8. AIX

Windows IDE for AIX application

I'm working on a C application based on AIX 5.3 using VI as an editor I need a windows IDE (open source or commercial) that can help me: modify the source code more easily compile as if I'm under AIX manage multiuser access and synchronization I found out about Rational Developer for AIX... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: SteAlma
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between inbuilt suid programs and user defined root suid programs under bash shell?

Hey guys, Suppose i run passwd via bash shell. It is a suid program, which temporarily runs as root(owner) and modifies the user entries. However, when i write a C file and give 4755 permission and root ownership to the 'a.out' file , it doesn't run as root in bash shell. I verified this by... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: syncmaster
2 Replies
JMIDE(4)						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						  JMIDE(4)

NAME
jmide -- JMicron Technology JMB36x PCIe to SATA II/PATA controller driver SYNOPSIS
jmide* at pci? dev ? function ? flags 0x0000 ahcisata* at jmide? DESCRIPTION
The jmide driver supports the JMicron Technology JMB36x IDE controllers. These PCI-e controllers exist in different flavors (1 or 2 PATA Ultra/133 ports and/or 1 or 2 SATA-II ports), and are highly flexible. The SATA ports can be attached to the integrated AHCI controller or attached to the PCI IDE channels in PATA emulation, in either single-drive emulation on each PCI IDE channels, or in master/slave emulation on one of the PCI IDE channels. When enabled, the AHCI controller can either be on the PCI function 0 or function 2. The PCI IDE controller can also be on either PCI func- tion, and can share the PCI function with AHCI. The jmide driver supports both the AHCI controller and PCI IDE controller in various config- urations. SEE ALSO
ahcisata(4), ata(4), atapi(4), intro(4), pci(4), pciide(4), wd(4), wdc(4) AUTHORS
The jmide driver was written by Manuel Bouyer. BSD
July 2, 2007 BSD