I need an IDE for my C application based on AIX 5.3
is there any IDE that I could use directly in AIX or I have to use X window server to visualise it on windows?
Thanks in advance
Hasnaa (3 Replies)
I've an old server 1996 RS6000 (Processor 604e) running AIX 5.1.
It started up fine, booted up and connected on 10Mbit with my router. I used to be able to connect to it with telnet but not anymore. I know the IP is right but working with the smit tcpip options, looks like I've changed... (1 Reply)
I'm a newbie in Unix world..
Currently in my office lies an old IBM RS6000 which hasn't been maintained for a very long time. The former admin has resigned and we don't have any documentation or whatsoever regarding the old machine. All I know that it is an RS6000 is because of what's... (4 Replies)
Greetings to all:
Gentlemen, I've tried extremely hard to hookup my notebook via the hyperterminal to my AIX box (IBM 7046-B50) by virtue of a cross-over cable. Don't know really whats going on ......to my surprise. The notebook says its hookedup successfully but shows no unix login prompt on... (6 Replies)
I have just joined your forum even though I have been using it on and off for couple of months now. Up until now I have been able to find any information I needed by just browsing this site or performing a Google search, but now I'm stuck!. I was hoping you could help me with... (16 Replies)
So im fairly new to AIX and my knowledge is very, very limited but i got my hands on an RS6000 43P model and im trying to get it on the network so i can access it from work. I have pretty much tried everything i can/know how to do by reading up as much as i can but im still lost.
I have the 43P... (2 Replies)
I need to reinstall the operating system AIX 5.2 in a RS6000 7026/6H1 that has AIX 4.3 but I need a firmware upgrade that I dón´t know where can I obtain.
- Platform firmware version 3 or later.
Someone can help me please, I will be very grateful !!
Thank´s. (1 Reply)
I have a RS-6000 7043-140 machine with AIX version 4.1.5, that is
working for almost 8 years now. It has a tty monitor. My problem
started when I upgraded my machine to install a gxt250 graphics adapter
card together with a 15" AOC VGA Monitor, logitech keyboard and mouse, ... (2 Replies)
This is my first post here!
I'm having a hard time with an IBM RS/6000 J40 machine.
I'm trying to install AIX 5.2L on it but, up to now, I can't make it boot from the CDROM.
Do any of you have an ideia?
Thank you for your time! (3 Replies)
I am attempting to install PHP on an IBM RS6000 AIX UNIX box. I am not getting very far and hope someone can point me in the right direction. Here is the message from the output:
checking for Apache 1.x module support via DSO through APXS
Sorry I was not able to successfully run APXS.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jyoung
LEARN ABOUT NETBSD
PCIIDE(4) BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual PCIIDE(4)NAME
pciide -- PCI IDE disk controllers driver
pciide* at pci? dev ? function ? flags 0x0000
pciide* at pnpbios? index ?
The pciide driver supports the PCI IDE controllers as specified in the "PCI IDE controller specification, revision 1.0" draft, and provides
the interface with the hardware for the ata driver. Please use the chip-specific drivers for the following controllers for enhanced and DMA
- Acard ATP850 (Ultra/33) and ATP860 (Ultra/66) IDE Controllers: acardide(4)
- Acer labs M5229 IDE Controller: aceride(4)
- Advanced Micro Devices AMD-756, 766, and 768 IDE Controllers: viaide(4)
- Advanced Micro Devices Geode IDE Controllers: geodeide(4)
- CMD Tech PCI0643, PCI0646, PCI0648, and PCI0649 IDE Controllers: cmdide(4)
- Contaq Microsystems/Cypress CY82C693 IDE Controller: cypide(4)
- HighPoint HPT366 Ultra/66, HPT370 Ultra/100, HPT372, and HPT374 Ultra/133 IDE controller: hptide(4)
- Intel PIIX, PIIX3, and PIIX4 IDE Controllers: piixide(4)
- Intel i31244 Serial ATA controller: artsata(4)
- Intel 82801 (ICH/ICH0/ICH2/ICH3/ICH4/ICH5/ICH6) IDE Controllers: piixide(4)
- Intel SCH IDE Controllers: schide(4)
- NVIDIA nForce/nForce2 IDE Controllers: viaide(4)
- OPTi 82c621 (plus a few of its derivatives) IDE Controllers: optiide(4)
- Promise PDC20246 (Ultra/33), PDC20262 (Ultra/66), PDC20265/PDC20267 (Ultra100), PDC20268 (Ultra/100TX2 and Ultra/100TX2v2),
Ultra/133, Ultra/133TX2 and Ultra/133TX2v2 PCI IDE controllers: pdcide(4)
- Serverworks K2 SATA controllers: svwsata(4)
- Silicon Image 0680 IDE controller: cmdide(4)
- Silicon Image SATALink 3112 Serial ATA controller: satalink(4)
- Silicon Image SteelVine 3124/3132/3531 Serial ATA II controller: siisata(4)
- Silicon Integrated System 5597/5598 IDE controller: siside(4)
- Symphony Labs 82C105 and Winbond W83C553F IDE controller: slide(4)
- VIA Technologies VT82C586, VT82C586A, VT82C596A, VT82C686A, VT8233A, and VT8235 IDE Controllers: viaide(4)
The 0x0001 flag forces the pciide driver to use DMA when there is no explicit DMA mode setting support for the controller but DMA is present.
If the BIOS didn't set up the controller properly, this can cause a machine hang.
The 0x0002 flag forces the pciide driver to disable DMA on chipsets for which DMA would normally be enabled. This can be used as a debugging
aid, or to work around problems where the IDE controller is wired up to the system incorrectly.
SEE ALSO acardide(4), aceride(4), artsata(4), ata(4), atapi(4), cmdide(4), cypide(4), geodeide(4), hptide(4), intro(4), optiide(4), pci(4), pdcide(4),
piixide(4), pnpbios(4), satalink(4), schide(4), siisata(4), siside(4), slide(4), viaide(4), wd(4), wdc(4)BSD November 7, 2010 BSD