Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Excessive Kernel CPU Usage
Operating Systems AIX Excessive Kernel CPU Usage Post 302875099 by blackrageous on Monday 18th of November 2013 01:23:38 PM
Old 11-18-2013
Try
Code:
tprof -skex sleep 60

See....http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...8000_1006.html

What are the pronto and prospl processes. Also note syscall and cswitch values and monitor over time.

Do you have a history of performance.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

cpu usage

hi, In response to your cpu usage answer I too read sys/sysinfo.h but , if we put these values to access the repective time fields in the array pst_cpu_time which is a member of the structure pst_dynamic values doesn't seem to match, why is like this? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sushaga
0 Replies

2. Programming

Monitor CPU usage and Memory Usage

how can i monitor usages of CPU, Memory, Hard disk etc. under SUN Solaries through a c program or java program i want to store that data into database so i can show it graphically thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gajanad Bihani
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting CPU Usage

For analysis, I need to gather CPU usage from say 1:00 PM to 2:00 PM every 10 seconds on a given day. I heard this can be done with awk, but my UNIX is kind of rusty. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: WG1
4 Replies

4. Linux

Kernel panic - not syncing: cannot execute a PAE-enabled kernel on PAE-less CPU

ok so I just installed fedora core 6 on my dell inspiron 700m and I go to boot into linux and I get this error. Has anyone seen this before? I also had XP Pro and Vista installed on this pc prior to putting fedora core 6 on the machine. I'm trying to setup a triple boot system. Please Help... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dave043
2 Replies

5. Programming

CPU usage and memory usage

Please tell me solaris functions/api for getting following information 1- Function that tells how much memory used by current process 2- Function that tells how much memory used by all running processes 3- Function that tells how much CPU is used by current process 4- Function that tells how... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mansoorulhaq
1 Replies

6. HP-UX

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and logical volume usage

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and I want to know CPU usage above X% and contiue Y times and memory usage above X % and contiue Y times my final destination is monitor process logical volume usage above X % and number of Logical voluage above can I not to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alert0919
3 Replies

7. Solaris

current CPU usage, memory usage, disk I/O oid(snmp)

Hi, I want to monitor the current cpu usage, monitor usage , disk I/o and network utlization for solaris using SNMP. I want the oids for above tasks. can you please tell me that Thank you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: S_venkatesh
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Multi CPU Solaris system shows 100% CPU usage.

Hello Friends, On one of my Solaris 10 box, CPU usage shows 100% using "sar", "vmstat". However, it has 4 CPUs and prstat and glance are not showing enough processes to justify high CPU utilization. ========================================================================= $ prstat -a ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahive
4 Replies

9. AIX

How to monitor the IBM AIX server for I/O usage,memory usage,CPU usage,network..?

How to monitor the IBM AIX server for I/O usage, memory usage, CPU usage, network usage, storage usage? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Extremely high kernel CPU Usage (Solaris 10 SPARC)

I've got a domain running on a few boards of a 25k. I'm seeing very high kernel cpu usage in top and cant' quite explain it. System runs a large number of smallish Oracle 10g2 databases (30), used mainly for development. load average: 36.63, 36.68, 37.42 2489 processes: 2452 sleeping, 21... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: utopiajoe
0 Replies
URL(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						    URL(4)

NAME
url -- Realtek RTL8150L USB Ethernet driver SYNOPSIS
url* at uhub? urlphy* at mii? DESCRIPTION
The url driver provides support for USB Ethernet adapters based on the Realtek RTL8150L USB-ether bridge chip. The url driver supports the following adapters: CompUSA USBKR100 GreenHouse GH-USB100B Melco Inc. LUA-KTX Sitecom LN013 For more information on configuring this device, see ifconfig(8). DIAGNOSTICS
url%d: watchdog timeout A packet was queued for transmission and a transmit command was issued, however the device failed to acknowledge the transmission before a timeout expired. url%d: no memory for rx list The driver failed to allocate an mbuf for the receiver ring. SEE ALSO
arp(4), mii(4), netintro(4), usb(4), ifconfig(8) HISTORY
The url device driver first appeared in NetBSD 1.6. AUTHORS
The url driver was written by Shingo WATANABE <nabe@nabechan.org>. BSD
September 18, 2006 BSD