Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: VIO SEA Adapters
Operating Systems AIX VIO SEA Adapters Post 302842727 by karlochacon on Friday 9th of August 2013 05:58:34 PM
Old 08-09-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibmtech
Ok,
When you click "View/Modify Host Ethernet Adapters", you are seeing two HEA's, now check the one on the top and select properties,
under general tab check mark the option called "Allow virtual Ethernet bridging" click ok and do the same for the other HEA adapter.

Then go to "Virtual Ethernet Bridge" and you will see a adapter.

Basically you are bridging two HEA adapters for redundancy.
thanks a lot

you know I can continue bothering you with question since I pretty lost in this topic for instance you say SEA makes no sense when having one VIO but my previous partner configured SEA... weird.

any documentation to read and continue after this since now I have to understand more about networking in VIO

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

20EE0008 : No adapters found Adapter, Riser, System Bd.

Hello, When I try to upgrade AIX from 5.1 to 5.3 I get this error message 20EE0008 : No adapters found Adapter, Riser, System Bd. Anyone know anything about it ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
1 Replies

2. AIX

vio server and vio client

Hi, I want to know wheather partition size for installation of vio client can be specified on vio server example If I am installing vio server on blade with 2*300gb hard disk,after that I want to create 2 vio client (AIX Operating system) wheather I can specify hard disk size while... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
1 Replies

3. Red Hat

Designating Default Gateway for multiple networks/adapters

Hi I have 4 NIC's connected to my RHEL 5.3 server. Two on one subnet creating bond0, and two on a second subnet which create bond1. Both bonds are set to use DHCP to obtain IP addresses. Here is the config file for ifcfg-bond0: DHCP_HOSTNAME=rrnltshckvmx001 DEVICE=bond0 BOOTPROTO=dhcp... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Padow
2 Replies

4. AIX

SEA

Hi all, I set up the following configuration on my system: - An LPar with a virtual adapter, first one with a vlan id=703 and id port=13. - The first adapter have to connect to a VIOS in which i configured an SEA. So, the VA is set up on interface ent2, SEA on ent29 (by linking a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: idro
0 Replies

5. AIX

vio server ethernet to vio client ethernet(concepts confusing)

Hi In the vio server when I do # lsattr -El hdisk*, I get a PVID. The same PVID is also seen when I put the lspv command on the vio client partition. This way Im able to confirm the lun using the PVID. Similarly how does the vio client partition gets the virtual ethernet scsi client adapter... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newtoaixos
1 Replies

6. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Order of Adapters in Windows 7

I am trying to get my boss' ipad to print on our local printers, and rapidly coming to loathe the product. After several false starts I'm attempting to use the free WePrint application, running on a Windows machine, to "forward" our printers from it to the ipad over the local network. I've hit... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Corona688
2 Replies

7. AIX

VIOS - fibre adapters not seeing luns

Hi guys, I've been trying to tackle this issue for days and I'm stumped. Hopefully someone can give more light on what else I can do. I have a p7 series box, with dual VIOS and 10 lpars and everything was working fine until I had to move the box to another location in the data centre. Ensured... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixkidbee
16 Replies
EX(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						     EX(4)

NAME
ex -- driver for 3Com Fast EtherLink XL (3c900, 3c905, 3c980) and similar PCI bus and cardbus Ethernet interfaces SYNOPSIS
ex* at cardbus? function ? ex* at pci? dev ? function ? DESCRIPTION
3Com Ethernet and Fast Ethernet cards supported by the ex driver include: 3c450-TX 10/100 Ethernet 3c555 MiniPCI 10/100 Ethernet 3c575-TX Ethernet 3c575B-TX Ethernet 3c575CT Ethernet 3c656 MiniPCI 10/100 Ethernet 3c656B MiniPCI 10/100 Ethernet 3c656C MiniPCI 10/100 Ethernet 3c900-TPO Ethernet 3c900-COMBO Ethernet 3c900B-TPC Ethernet 3c900B-TPO Ethernet 3c900B-COMBO Ethernet 3c905-T4 10/100 Ethernet 3c905-TX 10/100 Ethernet 3c905B-COMBO 10/100 Ethernet 3c905B-FX 10/100 Ethernet 3c905B-T4 10/100 Ethernet 3c905B-TX 10/100 Ethernet 3c905CX-TX 10/100 Ethernet 3c980 Server Adapter 10/100 Ethernet 3c980C-TXM 10/100 Ethernet 3cSOHO100-TX 10/100 Ethernet All versions of the EtherLink XL (except the older 3c900 and 3c905) support IPv4/TCP/UDP checksumming in hardware. The ex driver supports this feature of the chip. See ifconfig(8) for information on how to enable this feature. MEDIA SELECTION
Some of these network interfaces support the Media Independent Interface (MII), a bus which can have at least one arbitrary Physical inter- face (PHY) chip on it. NetBSD supports MII and has separate drivers for many different PHY chips, including ukphy(4), a generic PHY driver that can support many PHY chips that NetBSD does not yet have a specific driver for. Support for the PHY found on a given NIC must be configured into a NetBSD kernel config(1) for this driver to work properly in those cases. See ifmedia(4), and mii(4). DIAGNOSTICS
%s: adapter failure (%x) %s: can't allocate download descriptors, error = %d %s: can't allocate or map rx buffers %s: can't allocate upload descriptors, error = %d %s: can't create download desc. DMA map, error = %d %s: can't create rx DMA map %d, error = %d %s: can't create tx DMA map %d, error = %d %s: can't create upload desc. DMA map, error = %d %s: can't load download desc. DMA map, error = %d %s: can't load mbuf chain, error = %d %s: can't load rx buffer, error = %d %s: can't load upload desc. DMA map, error = %d %s: can't map download descriptors, error = %d %s: can't map upload descriptors, error = %d %s: fifo underrun (%x) @%d %s: jabber (%x) %s: receive stalled %s: too many segments, %s: uplistptr was 0 host too slow to serve incoming packets SEE ALSO
cardbus(4), exphy(4), ifmedia(4), intro(4), mii(4), pci(4), ifconfig(8) http://www.3com.com/ BSD
October 30, 2007 BSD