Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Code for alerting admin regarding process Post 302818651 by Scrutinizer on Saturday 8th of June 2013 06:37:11 AM
Old 06-08-2013
If you have new information you can add it to your previous thread
https://www.unix.com/unix-dummies-que...#post302801023
This User Gave Thanks to Scrutinizer For This Post:

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

HPUX monitoring and alerting script per CPU

Hi Guys, Hopefully someone would be able to help me out. Basically I have an HPUX 11.11i system which is backed up by Data Protector 4.5. Every so often the vdba process hangs and chews up 100% of one of the systems CPU resources. As our monitoring tool can only monitor on a per system basis... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fulhamfcboy
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Negate alerting for particular metadevice.

Hi All... I have a script that checks for any problems(particularly looks for 'Needs Maintenance') with metadevices and alerts accordingly. This was not configured to alert for a particular metadevice. Now i want to negate alerting for a particular metadevice(say d40). Is this possible? I am... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: reddybs
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep Alerting - command or script assistance

Hello! I need some help with grep from various logs we use for monitoring transactions. The logs contain the following information (which is consistent in all of the files): 12:28:33.157 EWY D 1 (tcpip.c:282): tcpip.c: Unable to connect to x.x.x.x on port xxxx. (79) Connection refused ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sbchecko
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to Send Email to a user when an admin kills process

Can anyone create or give me a script that I can use to email a user automatically when I kill one of their processes? Or Can you give me a script to allow me to email a user (entering email manually) when a process is killed? Like showing what the PID was and a reason the admin killed it? Is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JoeGazz84
2 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

Regarding Admin life either as DBA or UNIX Linux admin

I am planning to choose my career as Unix/Linux Admin or a DBA. But I have come to know from forums and few admins like the job will be 24/7. I have few questions on that. Can we get "DAY" shifts in any one of the admin Job ? Can't we have shift timings in any company ? Eventhough the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jacktts
7 Replies

6. AIX

Rlogin alerting

// AIX 6.1 lsuser root returns the attributes. # lsuser root root id=0 pgrp=system groups=system,bin,sys,security,cron,audit,lp,dba,mqm,patrol home=/ shell=/usr/bin/ksh auditclasses=general log in=true su=true rlogin=false daemon=true admin=true sugroups=ALL... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Daniel Gate
2 Replies
URL(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						    URL(4)

NAME
url -- Realtek RTL8150L USB Ethernet driver SYNOPSIS
url* at uhub? urlphy* at mii? DESCRIPTION
The url driver provides support for USB Ethernet adapters based on the Realtek RTL8150L USB-ether bridge chip. The url driver supports the following adapters: CompUSA USBKR100 GreenHouse GH-USB100B Melco Inc. LUA-KTX Sitecom LN013 For more information on configuring this device, see ifconfig(8). DIAGNOSTICS
url%d: watchdog timeout A packet was queued for transmission and a transmit command was issued, however the device failed to acknowledge the transmission before a timeout expired. url%d: no memory for rx list The driver failed to allocate an mbuf for the receiver ring. SEE ALSO
arp(4), mii(4), netintro(4), usb(4), ifconfig(8) HISTORY
The url device driver first appeared in NetBSD 1.6. AUTHORS
The url driver was written by Shingo WATANABE <nabe@nabechan.org>. BSD
September 18, 2006 BSD