Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux OEL 6.3 install disc not booting Post 302745475 by jimthompson on Monday 17th of December 2012 10:18:33 AM
Old 12-17-2012
No, I burned the ISO image ok and ended up with a proper bootable DVD. However I am not convinced the image on the Oracle site is correct in the first place ( bold statement ! ). I downloaded it for a 2nd time and got the exact same byte size as my first download. However when I downloaded the OEL 6-2 version instead of 6-3, it installed first time with no problems !
Jim

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Ultra 10 - Copying Files From Disc After Booting Up With Recovery Disc?

Hello, I'm still learning unix and I have what is probably a simple question but I can't seem to find the question to. I have an Ultra 10 Sparc Server running solaris 8 and the drive may have crashed (I hope not). Currently, it appears some files in the /etc folder are missing. I have a backup... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ideffects
1 Replies

2. UNIX and Linux Applications

Not able to redirect pvscan output on OEL

Hi, I'm not able to redirect output of pvscan and vgscan commands to a file in Oracle Enterprise Linux. Please suggest something. Thanks Mayank (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: discover
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

In OEL, Not able to redirect pvscan output

hi, In Oracle Enterprise Linux I'm not able to redirect output of commands pvscan and vgscan into a file. File is coming blank Please suggest something Thanx. --duplicate post (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: discover
0 Replies

4. Linux

install macbook pro fedora10 ???((<<if can install, how to install? >> ))

If may install can Tells everybody ??? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kzBSD
0 Replies

5. Red Hat

How to configure network interface card in OEL.

Hi I have installed OEL 4 on my dell XPS laptop. But when i connect the LAN cable and try to acesss internet. it does not work. the led's in the port do not blink when i plug in the cable .do i need some drivers please suggest. Thanks Ankur (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ankurk
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

OEL 6.3 :Slow login due to /etc/ssh/sshd_config configuration

Version: Oracle Enterprise Linux 6.3 Running on VMWare Workstation When I login to my Linux VM from putty, the third line prompting for password comes only after few seconds. login as: root Access denied root@192.168.0.235's password: ---> It takes around 5 seconds to get this prompt I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: John K
1 Replies

7. Linux

Configure ntp server and Linux in oel 5.9

i want to configure machine1 as ntp server. this machine has oel 5.9 64 bit installed and this machine is not connected to internet neither there is any ntp server. there is another machine2 and i want to configure that as ntp client. plz do tell me that what lines do i add in /etc/ntp.conf... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rehantayyab82
0 Replies

8. Red Hat

HPRC 700 Integrated driver update on oel 4.8 32bit

Hi All, I am getting the below error while trying to update the megaraid driver on OEL 4.8 32bit. Please help. rpm -ivh megaraid_sas-v00.00.04.29-1.noarch.rpm dkms-2.0.22.0-1.noarch.rpm Preparing... ########################################### 1:dkms ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: arumon
0 Replies
mkcd(1M)						  System Administration Commands						  mkcd(1M)

NAME
mkcd - create bootable Solaris ISO image SYNOPSIS
/usr/bin/mkcd -v [-l label] media-root iso DESCRIPTION
The mkcd utility takes media-root (the root of an on-disk Solaris install media) as input and creates a bootable Solaris ISO image in the file iso, using mkisofs(8). The file can then be burned onto a CD/DVD with utilities such as cdrw(1) or cdrecord(1). (Neither mkisofs(8) nor cdrecord(1) are SunOS man pages.) Caution - The directory tree media-root must contain the file boot/grub/stage2_eltorito, which will be written to the media boot sectors. This file will be modified with some boot information, thus it must be writable. If necessary, first save a copy prior to running this utility. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -l label Sets label as the label/volume name of the ISO image. -v Verbose. Multiple -v options increase verbosity. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: media-root Top-level directory of an on-disk Solaris install media. iso Name of the output file which will contain the resulting ISO image. EXAMPLES
Example 1 Creating an ISO Image and Burning a CD/DVD The following commands create an ISO image from the content of s10u1 and burn the image to a CD/DVD. # /usr/bin/mkcd s10u1 s10u1.iso # /usr/bin/cdrw -i s10u1.iso ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Committed | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
cdrw(1), attributes(5) mkisofs(8), (/usr/share/man/man8/mkisofs.8), in the SUNWfsman package (not a SunOS man page) SunOS 5.11 25 Jul 2008 mkcd(1M)