Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Paging space is 100% full
Operating Systems AIX Paging space is 100% full Post 302713337 by funksen on Wednesday 10th of October 2012 01:36:38 PM
Old 10-10-2012
forgot the possibility to add memory, as zaxxon wrote, what, of course is possible with dlpar online dynamically
but that usually wont work if your system is already at 100% paging space Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

swap space / paging space

how do you get the paging space reduced without rebooting the machine ? the os is aix (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aaronh
2 Replies

2. AIX

Paging Space per process

This is my first post, and I am new to the UNIX world. Hopefully this question won't be too lame. I know that I can use topas to see the paging space used by some processes. I would like to script something that can add up the paging space used by process owned by or associated with an... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alntht
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Paging space definition

sorry for this silly question, I am new to UNIX, what is meant by paging space and what is its purpose? what is also meant by hd6 paging space? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: docaia
2 Replies

4. AIX

Paging space

Hello everyone I have 4g of paging space in my rootvg disk I´m going to reduce them to 1gb in my rootvg disk and add 3gb of paging space on my san disk. My rootvg disk is mirror. My question is I can do this on line ? and I can do with the mirror ? or I need to unmirror first my... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
2 Replies

5. AIX

reduce used paging space

Hi I have used gzip on AIX and the used paging space has jumped from 7% to 20%. The gzip process is finished since a long time. But the used paging space is still the same. How to release this space ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bfarah
1 Replies

6. AIX

paging space

Hello everyone I have a doubt about how many paging space can have in the same disk. lsps -a Page Space Physical Volume Volume Group Size %Used Active Auto Type paging00 hdisk0 rootvg 3072MB 1 yes yes lv hd6 hdisk0 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
4 Replies

7. AIX

LV without Paging Space

Hello dear friends, We have VG filevg which consists of 2 PVs when I rechecked the VG there is no Pagingspace LV.. The VG is usually Highly loaded because much reads and writes.. Is this a must to create Paging space on the specified LV? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vit0_Corleone
2 Replies

8. AIX

Paging space

Hi, I have paging size 2048M showed from topas and 10240M showed from "lsps -a", can anyone tell what is the difference? and how to change the PAGING SIZE (showed in topas) to 8192M? Can you please tell in detail step? Thanks! Victor #topas Topas Monitor for host: egsprc01dev ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: victorcheung
10 Replies

9. AIX

which setting defines behaviour when paging space runs full ?

Hi, I have a bunch of AIX systems which usually have more than enough memory to live happily. Unfortunately we have on a few of our boxes an rman runaway problem - every now and than after restoring from rman backups, the process goes crazy and eats all memory it could possibly get hold off -... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: zxmaus
0 Replies

10. AIX

No Paging Space Available

Whilst perfoming some tests on lvm's I managed to crash our test box. No real problem as it is only used by our tech team. however I would like to know why this was actually caused as the task being performed at the time was one which I though would not have any impact. Using dd I was... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tugger
5 Replies
BNX(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						    BNX(4)

NAME
bnx -- Broadcom NetXtreme II 10/100/1000 Ethernet device SYNOPSIS
bnx* at pci? brgphy* at mii? DESCRIPTION
The bnx driver supports Broadcom's NetXtreme II product family, such as the BCM5706 PCI-X and BCM5708-BCM5709 PCI Express Ethernet con- trollers, which includes the following: o Dell PowerEdge 1950 integrated BCM5708 NIC (10/100/1000baseT) o Dell PowerEdge 2950 integrated BCM5708 NIC (10/100/1000baseT) o Dell PowerEdge M710 integrated BCM5709S NIC (1000baseSX) o HP NC370F PCI-X Multifunction Gigabit server adapter (1000baseSX) o HP NC370T PCI-X Multifunction Gigabit server adapter (10/100/1000baseT) o HP NC373F PCI Express Multifunction Gigabit server adapter (1000baseSX) o HP NC373i PCI Express Multifunction Gigabit embedded server adapter (10/100/1000baseT) o HP NC380T PCI Express Dual Port Multifunction Gigabit server adapter (10/100/1000baseT) o IBM xSeries 3550 integrated BCM5708 NIC (10/100/1000baseT) o IBM xSeries 3650 integrated BCM5708 NIC (10/100/1000baseT) The NetXtreme II product family is composed of various Converged NIC (or CNIC) Ethernet controllers which support a TCP Offload Engine (TOE), Remote DMA (RDMA), and iSCSI acceleration, in addition to standard L2 Ethernet traffic, all on the same controller. The following features are supported in the bnx driver under NetBSD: IPv4 receive IP/TCP/UDP checksum offload Jumbo frames (up to 9022 bytes) VLAN tag insertion Interrupt coalescing 10/100/1000Mbps operation in full-duplex mode 10/100Mbps operation in half-duplex mode The bnx driver supports the following media types: autoselect Enable autoselection of the media type and options. The user can manually override the autoselected mode via ifconfig(8). 10baseT/UTP Set 10Mbps operation. The ifconfig(8) mediaopt option can also be used to select either full-duplex or half-duplex modes. 100baseTX Set 100Mbps (Fast Ethernet) operation. The ifconfig(8) mediaopt option can also be used to select either full-duplex or half-duplex modes. 1000baseTX Set 1000baseTX operation over twisted pair. Only full-duplex mode is supported. 1000baseSX Set 1000Mbps (Gigabit Ethernet) operation. Both full-duplex and half-duplex modes are supported. 2500baseSX Set 2500Mbps operation. Only full-duplex mode is supported. The bnx driver supports the following media options: full-duplex Force full duplex operation. half-duplex Force half duplex operation. For more information on configuring this device, see ifconfig(8). SEE ALSO
arp(4), brgphy(4), ifmedia(4), intro(4), mii(4), netintro(4), pci(4), ifconfig(8) HISTORY
The bnx device driver first appeared in NetBSD 4.0. BSD
December 10, 2010 BSD