Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Korn shell. wait command and crontab Post 302699859 by methyl on Wednesday 12th of September 2012 12:18:19 PM
Old 09-12-2012
Thank you for letting us know.

. /ora01/DWHR/files/relacional/.profile

Actually I can't imagine how this works unlesss it is preceded by a cd command or the environment script is in the home directory of the owner of the crontab.
Wherever possible use absolute path names in scripts run from cron.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command ignored after sftp - korn shell

Hi all Trying to run my korn shell script, I got no messages after the sftp. The "finished" msg is not being displayed. Any ideas? sftp $argument <<EOF quit EOF echo "finished" Thanks in advance, :O) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alienET
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Maximum Command Length for Korn shell

What is the maximum size of a command which can be given in telnet command prompt in unixfor Korn shell? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: miltony
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem with set command in korn shell

I have to copy an array to a temp variable and back after doing some functions. I am trying to see if it is possible to do without while loops.My closest try was set -A temp ${THE_ARRAY} # restore array after some actions set -A THE_ARRAY ${temp} The problem with above is that, the new... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vijay1985
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

wait command - cat it wait for not-chile process?

Did not use 'wait' yet. How I understand by now the wait works only for child processes, started background. Is there any other way to watch completion of any, not related process (at least, a process, owned by the same user?) I need to start a background process, witch will be waiting... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex_5161
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find command in Korn Shell

Hi, I am trying to execute the below in Ksh (telnet) find ./request.txt -mmin -30 It says find: bad option -mmin What i am trying to do is by using find command i am checking wheather the file request.txt is there for 30 minutes or not Please help (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chinniforu2003
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script runs fine in Solaris, in Linux hangs at wait command

HI, I have a strange problem. A shell script that runs fine on solaris. when i ported to linux, it started hanging. here is the core of the script CFG_FILE=tab25.cfg sort -t "!" -k 2 ${CFG_FILE} | egrep -v "^#|^$" | while IFS="!" read a b c do #echo "jobs output" #jobs #echo "jobs... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: aksaravanan
13 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

MKS KORN SHELL WONT EXECUTE from windows command prompt

Can anybody help me with this small script , the script works fine and launches the IE from c:\documents and settings \test\my documents>ksh prompt $RunURL1.sh this scitpt works and launches the ie from ksh , but when i schedule it to run the script then i get the error box saying command:1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: venu
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

korn shell to cut command output

hello, i use following command: md5sum TEST.xml the output looks like: 900hjidur84hjr938ikv TEST.xml as you can see, the first part is the md5 code, the second part is the file name, but i only want the first part(md5 code), and save it to a file, how to do that? thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zbc
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

calling a shell script in background and wait using "wait" in while loop

Hi, I am facing a strange issue, when i call a script from my while loop in background it doesnt go in background, despite the wait i put below the whil loop it goes forward even before the process put in background is completed. cat abc.txt | while read -u4 line do #if line contains #... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mihirvora16
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

In Shell Script Does Second Command Wait For First Command To Complete

Hi All, I have a question related to Shell scripting. In my shell script, I have following two commands in sequence: sed 's/^/grep "^120" /g' $ORIGCHARGEDAMTLIST|sed "s;$;| cut -f$FIELD_NO1 -d '|' | awk '{ sum+=\$1} END {printf (\"%0.2f\\\n\", sum/100)}' >$TEMPFILE mv $TEMPFILE $ORIGFILE... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: angshuman
3 Replies
sh(1)							      General Commands Manual							     sh(1)

NAME
sh - Shell, the standard command language interpreter DESCRIPTION
[Tru64 UNIX] Tru64 UNIX provides two command interpreters with the name sh. The XCU5.0 and POSIX.2 compliant command interpreter sh is available in the file /usr/bin/posix/sh and is described in the sh(1p) reference page. The Bourne shell, historically known as sh, is available in the file /usr/bin/sh and is described in the sh(1b) reference page. [Tru64 UNIX] Your initial, or login, shell is determined by your entry in the file /etc/passwd. This file can be changed only by your sys- tem administrator. You must use whatever procedures are in place at your location to have this entry changed. [Tru64 UNIX] If available on your system, you may use the passwd -s or the chsh commands to change your login shell. Note This option is not available if your site manages passwords through the Network Information Service (NIS) facility. Check with your system administrator. [Tru64 UNIX] Subsequent shells spawned from the initial shell depend on the value in the environment variable BIN_SH. If this variable is set to xpg4, the POSIX shell is started. If this variable is set to svr4, an SVR4 compliant version of the shell is started. If this vari- able is unset, the Bourne shell is started. If this variable is set to any other value, an error is reported and the results are unpre- dictable. See the EXAMPLES section for information on setting this variable. NOTES
[Tru64 UNIX] With Tru64 UNIX Version 4.0 the Korn shell, /usr/bin/ksh is the same as the POSIX shell /usr/bin/posix/sh. RESTRICTIONS
[Tru64 UNIX] The file /etc/shells must include entries for both the POSIX shell /usr/bin/posix/sh and the Bourne shell, /usr/bin/sh. If this file is incorrect, see your system administrator. EXAMPLES
Using the Bourne, Korn, or POSIX shell, to set the variable BIN_SH to use the POSIX/ XCU5.0compliant shell, enter: BIN_SH=xpg4 export BIN_SH Using the Bourne, Korn, or POSIX shell, to set the variable BIN_SH to use the SVR4 compliant shell, enter: BIN_SH=svr4 export BIN_SH Using the Bourne, Korn, or POSIX shell, to unset the variable BIN_SH, enter: unset BIN_SH Using the C/ shell, to set the variable BIN_SH to use the POSIX/XCU5.0 compliant shell, enter: setenv BIN_SH xpg4 Using the C/ shell, to set the variable BIN_SH to use the SVR4 compliant shell, enter: setenv BIN_SH svr4 Using the C/ shell, to unset the variable BIN_SH, enter: unsetenv BIN_SH FILES
User profile. Contains user information, including the login shell name. Contains the names of available and permitted shells. SEE ALSO
Commands: csh(1), ksh(1), Bourne shell sh(1b), POSIX shell sh(1p), passwd(1) Files: passwd(4), shells(4) Standards: standards(5) sh(1)