Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Deleting multiple directories inside multiple directories Post 302583804 by kkouraus1 on Wednesday 21st of December 2011 09:30:04 AM
Old 12-21-2011
Thank you for the reply and sorry for the confusion - i am confused myself when it comes to unix/linux.

I entered the first command got the following response::
Code:
find: illegal option --m
find: illegal option --i
find: illegal option --n
find: illegal option --e
find: illegal option --p
find: illegal option --t
find: illegal option --h
find: 3: no such file or directory

(I wonder where the 'd' went from 'mindepth')

i have triple checked what i typed and tried it twice.

thanks!

Last edited by radoulov; 12-21-2011 at 12:41 PM.. Reason: Code tags!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

moving directories to new directories on multiple servers

Hi - I am new to unix scripts...I need to move several directories on multiple servers to new directories. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mackdaddy07
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using ls on multiple directories

Hi, I am using ls command as below to get the list of *.edi files from 2 different subdirectories as1 & as2: /ntekupal/test$ ls ./as1/*.edi ./as2/*.edi It is giving me list of edi files in these folders as below : ./as1/6df667.edi ./as2/823ssd3.edi Now my requirement is to just... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ntekupal
8 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using ls on multiple directories

Hi, I am using ls command as below to get the list of *.edi files from 2 different subdirectories as1 & as2: /ntekupal/test$ ls ./as1/*.edi ./as2/*.edi It is giving me list of edi files in these folders as below : ./as1/6df667.edi ./as2/823ssd3.edi Now my requirement is to just get... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ntekupal
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

check if multiple directories exist else create missing directories

Hi , I 'm trying to check if multiple directories exist on a server, if not create the missing ones and print " creating missing directory. how to write this in a simple script, I have made my code complex if ; then taskStatus="Schema extract directory exists, checking if SQL,Count and... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramky79
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Multiple search in multiple directories

Hi, I am facing the below problem I have a list of number to be searched(around 1000) files resideing in multiple directories as i dont know where it resides in. for example search string is like (abc)123456 please help. very urgent Thanks a lot Uma (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: umapearl
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creation of multiple directories

I have a folder structure like the below /test/test1/test2/app /test/test3/app /test/test4/test5/app .. I need to create a new folder under "app" in all the above listed directory structure at one shot by the name "subapp" . How can we acheive this using a script . New to unix... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajeshnatarajan
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP multiple files from multiple directories

I have multiple files that starts as TRADE_LOG spread across multiple folders in the given structure.. ./dir1/1/TRADE_LOG*.gz ./dir2/10/TRADE_LOG*.gz ./dir11/12/TRADE_LOG*.gz ./dir12/13/TRADE_LOG*.gz when I do ftp uisng mput from the "." dir I am getting the below given error mput... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prasperl
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

searching different multiple directories

Suppose I have 5 different directories in some path .Is it possible to search 5 different directories using find command in one single command line. I mean something like this:- find path -type d -name dirname1 dirname2 .......... pls help (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: maitree
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

perform 3 awk commands to multiple files in multiple directories

Hi, I have a directory /home/datasets/ which contains a bunch (720) of subdirectories called hour_1/ hour_2/ etc..etc.. in each of these there is a single text file called (hour_1.txt in hour_1/ , hour_2.txt for hour_2/ etc..etc..) and i would like to do some text processing in them. Each of... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: amarn
20 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Looping for multiple directories

Hi experts, I am totally stuck with this. I run a looping "for" command for multiple directories, manually, I have done this : vfor dir in A B; do cp -p $dir/X.txt X-${dir}.txt done where A and B is directory name. However, I need to run for many directories. So I have tried this :... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: guns
7 Replies
optionFindValue(3)						Programmer's Manual						optionFindValue(3)

NAME
optionFindValue - find a hierarcicaly valued option instance SYNOPSIS
#include <your-opts.h> cc [...] -o outfile infile.c -lopts [...] const tOptionValue* optionFindValue(const tOptDesc* odesc, char const* name, char const* val); DESCRIPTION
This routine will find an entry in a nested value option or configurable. It will search through the list and return a matching entry. odesc an option with a nested arg type name name of value to find val the matching value RETURN VALUE
a compound value structure ERRORS
The returned result is NULL and errno is set: EINVAL - the pOptValue does not point to a valid hierarchical option value. ENOENT - no entry matched the given name. @end itemize SEE ALSO
The info documentation for the -lopts library. ao_string_tokenize(3), configFileLoad(3), optionFileLoad(3), optionFindNextValue(3), optionFree(3), optionGetValue(3), optionLoadLine(3), optionMemberList(3), optionNextValue(3), optionOnlyUsage(3), optionProcess(3), optionRestore(3), optionSaveFile(3), optionSaveState(3), optionUnloadNested(3), optionVersion(3), strequate(3), streqvcmp(3), streqvmap(3), strneqvcmp(3), strtransform(3), 2014-06-10 optionFindValue(3)