Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming "GLIBC detected Error" for a simple C code. Post 302524983 by pludi on Wednesday 25th of May 2011 09:07:14 AM
Old 05-25-2011
By using input++ you're iterating trough the character array (string), effectively changing the starting position. Once you reach the end, it doesn't point to the start of the allocated memory anymore, but to the address of the end of the string. Since it's not recognized as a valid allocated memory address, the C library can't free it.

Simply save the original address before you enter the loop, and free that address.

Side notes:
  • Using scanf to read input is bad, since it can easily lead to a buffer overflow. Try entering 160 characters, and you'll see what I mean.
  • This problem could easily be solved without a character array, counting the characters on the fly.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explain the line "mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'`"

Hi Friends, Can any of you explain me about the below line of code? mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'` Im not able to understand, what exactly it is doing :confused: Any help would be useful for me. Lokesha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokesha
4 Replies

2. HP-UX

ERROR: more than one instance of overloaded function "vprintf" has "C" linkage

Hi people! I've got this own library: -------------------------------------------- Personal.h -------------------------------------------- #ifdef __cplusplus extern "C" { #endif #include <stdio.h> #include <stdarg.h> #include <string.h> ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: donatoll
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Very Simple "Tabs to Newline" Code???

hi people; i have a text, iptables.txt and values are as follows inside: (seperators are TAB) 10.15.2.2 2 40 10.15.3.3 1 10 10.32.2.1 3 40 10.33.6.7 2 50 10.16.3.2 1 60 10.11.3.9 1 20 10.19.2.1 1 80 10.16.9.9 3 20 10.29.7.9 2 90 10.33.2.7 3 40 ...... i... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gc_sw
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix "look" Command "File too large" Error Message

I am trying to find lines in a text file larger than 3 Gb that start with a given string. My command looks like this: $ look "string" "/home/patrick/filename.txt" However, this gives me the following message: "look: /home/patrick/filename.txt: File too large" So, I have two... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: shishong
14 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with delete "_" once detected from the end of a content

Input file: matrix-remodelling_associated_8____ aurora_interacting_1___ L20 von_factor_A_domain_1 ATP_containing_3B_ Desired output: matrix-remodelling_associated_8 aurora_interacting_1 L20 von_factor_A_domain_1 ATP_containing_3B I wanna delete/remove all the "_" that appears at... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: perl_beginner
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

8. Homework & Coursework Questions

FORTRAN error *** glibc detected ***

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: I'm doing aproximation of derivative called five-point stencil. For every value of x, in interval , in step... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: antonija
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies
ao_string_tokenize(3)						Programmer's Manual					     ao_string_tokenize(3)

NAME
ao_string_tokenize - tokenize an input string SYNOPSIS
#include <your-opts.h> cc [...] -o outfile infile.c -lopts [...] token_list_t* ao_string_tokenize(char const* string); DESCRIPTION
This function will convert one input string into a list of strings. The list of strings is derived by separating the input based on white space separation. However, if the input contains either single or double quote characters, then the text after that character up to a matching quote will become the string in the list. The returned pointer should be deallocated with free(3C) when are done using the data. The data are placed in a single block of allocated memory. Do not deallocate individual token/strings. The structure pointed to will contain at least these two fields: tkn_ct The number of tokens found in the input string. tok_list An array of tkn_ct + 1 pointers to substring tokens, with the last pointer set to NULL. There are two types of quoted strings: single quoted (') and double quoted ("). Singly quoted strings are fairly raw in that escape char- acters () are simply another character, except when preceding the following characters: double backslashes reduce to one ' incorporates the single quote into the string 0fP suppresses both the backslash and newline character Double quote strings are formed according to the rules of string constants in ANSI-C programs. string string to be tokenized RETURN VALUE
pointer to a structure that lists each token ERRORS
NULL is returned and errno will be set to indicate the problem: EINVAL - There was an unterminated quoted string. ENOENT - The input string was empty. ENOMEM - There is not enough memory. @end itemize EXAMPLES
#include <stdlib.h> int ix; token_list_t* ptl = ao_string_tokenize(some_string) for (ix = 0; ix < ptl->tkn_ct; ix++) do_something_with_tkn(ptl->tkn_list[ix]); free(ptl); Note that everything is freed with the one call to free(3C). SEE ALSO
The info documentation for the -lopts library. configFileLoad(3), optionFileLoad(3), optionFindNextValue(3), optionFindValue(3), optionFree(3), optionGetValue(3), optionLoadLine(3), optionMemberList(3), optionNextValue(3), optionOnlyUsage(3), optionProcess(3), optionRestore(3), optionSaveFile(3), optionSaveState(3), optionUnloadNested(3), optionVersion(3), strequate(3), streqvcmp(3), streqvmap(3), strneqvcmp(3), strtransform(3), 2014-06-10 ao_string_tokenize(3)