Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting making code compatible to previous bash versions Post 302520864 by Corona688 on Monday 9th of May 2011 11:57:20 AM
Old 05-09-2011
Well, do you have ksh?

Code:
#!/bin/ksh
IFS="|"
while read LINE
do
        set -A array1 $LINE

while read LINE2
        do
                set -A array2 $LINE2
        done < file2
done < file1

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Unable to compile ANSI compatible code on HP-UX

Hi!!, my HP-UX - 10.2 compiler doesnt appear to support ANSI style of coding. On compiling my C code, it flags error messages like error 1705: Function prototypes are an ANSI Feature Is it a generic problem with the HP compiler or do I need to use some special switches on the command... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: jyotipg
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a script to delete previous versions of files

Hi. I need a script (either bash or perl) that can delete previous versions of files. For instance, from our continuous build process I get directories such as build5_dev_1.21 build5_dev_1.22 build5_dev_1.23 build5_dev_1.24 I need a script that I can run every night (using "at"... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jbsimon000
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Howto make ksh skript bash-compatible with backticks

I have the following ksh-script: #!/bin/ksh # Ueberprüfe, ob genau ein Parameter angegeben wurde test "$#" -eq "1" || { echo "USAGE: path_cleanup <PATH_NAME>"; return 1; } # Ueberpruefe, ob awk und nawk installiert sind test -x /bin/nawk || { echo "ERROR: nawk is not installed"; return 1;... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: doc_symbiosis
2 Replies

4. Debian

Making a python package and cross-platform compatible

Hi Ive been trying for days now and i just cannot work this out. Can someone please tell me if im doing this right. I've written some python3.3 code and now i want to transfer it to an embedded computer to execute. My OS is a : Debian GNU/Linux 6.0.7 (squeezez) 32-bit kernel ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: RedEyedDog
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Making a python package and cross-platform compatible

Hi Ive been trying for days now and i just cannot work this out. Can someone please tell me if im doing this right. I've written some python3.3 code and now i want to transfer it to an embedded computer to execute. My OS is a : Debian GNU/Linux 6.0.7 (squeezez) 32-bit kernel The... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RedEyedDog
1 Replies
ZDIFF(1)                                                      General Commands Manual                                                     ZDIFF(1)

NAME
zcmp, zdiff - compare compressed files SYNOPSIS
zcmp [ cmp_options ] file1 [ file2 ] zdiff [ diff_options ] file1 [ file2 ] DESCRIPTION
Zcmp and zdiff are used to invoke the cmp or the diff program on files compressed via gzip. All options specified are passed directly to cmp or diff. If only file1 is specified, it is compared to the uncompressed contents of file1.gz. If two files are specified, their con- tents (uncompressed if necessary) are fed to cmp or diff. The input files are not modified. The exit status from cmp or diff is pre- served. SEE ALSO
cmp(1), diff(1), zmore(1), zgrep(1), znew(1), zforce(1), gzip(1), gzexe(1) BUGS
Messages from the cmp or diff programs may refer to file names such as "-" instead of to the file names specified. ZDIFF(1)