Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Quick question about set number Post 302449947 by ebadamageplan on Wednesday 1st of September 2010 04:06:44 AM
Old 09-01-2010
Quick question about set number

In my .exrc file I have line numbers turned on but it adds an indent. I don't like this, is there a way to have the line numbers at the left edge of my terminal instead of indented? Here's my .exrc

Code:
     1  set ignorecase noslowopen report=0 autoindent showmatch showmode nu
     2  set tabstop=4 shiftwidth=4
     3  map @ :w^M:!g++ *.cpp && a.out^M
     4  map ^ :w^M:!make && a.out < input^M
     5  map ^P :w^M:!gcc *.c && a.out < input^M
     6  map ^A :w^M:!g++ % && a.out^M
     7  map! ^A ^[:w^M:!g++ % && a.out^M

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Quick Question

I know in DOS, when you want to pull up your last/previous command, you hit the up/down arrows. How do you do that with UNIX? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tracy Hunt
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

A Quick Question

Wat is the difference between the cp mv ln etc in /usr/sbin/static and cp mv ln functions in /usr/bin (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: DPAI
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

quick question

hi guys trying to understand what this line means sed is a stream editor and i understand that, i have a file already selected i want to edit so i use -e sed -e the next stesp is s/$* s is a subsititute replacement sed -e s/$*//g $ is in reference of the last line /g makes it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hamoudzz
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Quick Question

Hi, I am new to UNIX, and am learning from this tutorial : http://www.ee.surrey.ac.uk/Teaching/Unix/index.html It keeps telling me to files downloaded from the internet (like .txt files) to the directory, and I dont know how to. How do I add .txt files to my directory? Thanks. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: IAMTHEEVILBEAN
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Quick question

Hi, Is there a simple way, using ksh, to find the byte position in a file that a stated character appears? Many thanks Helen (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bab00shka
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

quick question

from command prompt I did grep two words on a same line for eg: grep abc | grep xyz and I got tht particular line, but I want to know when I vi that file how to directly search for that particular line? I appreciate if any one can provide answer, thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pkolishetty
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

quick question

I am using sed to find a pattern in a line and then I want to retain the pattern + the rest of the line. How is this possible? ie: line is: 14158 05-15-08 20:00 123-1234-A21/deliverable/dhm.a search for 123-1234-A21 ie: echo $line | sed 's/.*\(\{3\}-\{4\}-\{3\}\{5\}\).*/\1/' ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: phreezr
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Quick question.

I'd like to list all userid's on the system that have a .bashrc file in their home directory with a command like "cat /etc/passwd | grep -f", however I'm not quite familiar with using grep. Any suggestions? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raidkridley
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Would appreciate a quick second set of eyes on a script (regarding doing things in the background)

What I'm trying to do is leave a tcpdump running all the time on a server, and at the end of every day kill it and start a new one. For some reason my boss doesn't want to set this up as a cron job, so I've come up with the following.: #!/bin/bash PCAPFILE=/tmp/mgmt.$(date... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: DeCoTwc
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl - quick inverse of a number range

Hello, I'm trying to find an nice solution for the following: 1) I have ranges of numbers (begin-end): 10-15, 20-30, 45-50 2) I have begin limit=0 and end limit=60. 3) I need to find out number ranges between begin limit and end limit that do not overlap with the ranges in item1. In this... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pn8830
6 Replies
ypmatch(1)						      General Commands Manual							ypmatch(1)

NAME
ypmatch - print the values of one or more keys from a NIS map SYNOPSYS
ypmatch [ -kt ] [ -d domain ] key ... mapname ypmatch -x DESCRIPTION
ypmatch prints the values of one or more keys from the NIS database specified by mapname, which may be a map name or a map nickname. OPTIONS
-d domain Specify a domain other than the default domain as returned by domainname(1). -k Display map keys. This option is useful with maps in which the values are null or the key is not part of the value. -t This option inhibits map nickname translation. -x Display the map nickname translation table. FILES
/var/yp/nicknames map nickname translation table. SEE ALSO
domainname(8), nicknames(5), ypbind(8), ypcat(1), yppoll(8), ypserv(8), yset(8), ypwhich(1) AUTHOR
ypmatch is part of the yp-tools package, which was written by Thorsten Kukuk <kukuk@suse.de>. YP Tools 2.7 May 1999 ypmatch(1)