Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: The connection was reset
Homework and Emergencies Emergency UNIX and Linux Support The connection was reset Post 302432398 by hergp on Friday 25th of June 2010 02:15:57 AM
Old 06-25-2010
That wouldn't help, because port 8080 is also closed by default.

The easiest way is to start "System > Administration > Firewall", select "Trusted Services", scroll down to "WWW (HTTP)" and check the checkbox next to it, klick the apply button and you are done.
This User Gave Thanks to hergp For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

connection reset by peer

:confused: HI, We have 2 servers ( win 2003 + sun 5.8 ) and we run a rsh from the NT to the UNIX. The program runs a shell script on the UNIX and waits for the answer in the EOF. How ever, after period of appx 2 min there is a reply "Recv failed:Connection reset by peer". while the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: eyalush
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh - connection reset by peer

I use ssh to work on the server (OS X 10.4.x) remotely from home (Debian / OS X 10.5.3). If I leave my machine idle, I get disconnected after a couple of minutes. I get the following error message: Read from remote host "server name": Connection reset by peer Connection to "server name" closed.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: osxhawk
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connection reset by peer

hi i am connecting to a remote server using sftp protocol. i am using the command like "sftp USER01@122.10.12.45" then i got the error "Couldn't read packet: Connection reset by peer" please help its very urgent (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Satyak
5 Replies

4. IP Networking

connection reset by peer on freebsd

hi all. am running postgresql in a vm on debian server. i have some client programs connecting to the db. when i check the logs of postgresql i see "connection reset by peer" can someone help me with this issue... thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: coolatt
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Connection reset by peer..closing connection

Hello I'm facing the above problem while doing a performance run. I've a script which I'm launching from my windows desktop using mozilla. The script will invoke backend action on a Solaris host which in turn feeds the records to a driver located on a linux box(Cent OS). What's happening is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: subramanyab
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

command to reset connection

Hi everyone, Here's question I posted on ubuntu's forum with no success :( command to reset connection - Ubuntu Forums I apologize in advance if i'm not supposed to post a link to another forum's thread but well, rather than copy/pasting... I'm hoping to find some answers here :) ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anthalamus
3 Replies

7. IP Networking

SocketException : Connection Reset

Hi, I am currently working on a Server/Client application on a cluster I am running about 100 clients in parallel and one server (32 clients per node with 8 processor => 4 clients per processor) . The server is linked to all the clients via Sockets. After about 55 iteration (about 20... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: masy1800
0 Replies

8. Programming

SocketException: Connection reset

Hi, I am currently working on a Server/Client application on a cluster I am running about 100 clients in parallel and one server (32 clients per node with 8 processor => 4 clients per processor) . The server is linked to all the clients via Sockets. After about 55 iteration (about 20... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: masy1800
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cat: write error: Connection reset by peer

I have created a script to cat the contents of a log file and pipe it to head and tail so I can get specific lines. When I do this I sometimes randomly get the error "cat: write error: Connection reset by peer". It is completely sporatic and sometimes it doesnt happen and sometimes it does... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: atelford
4 Replies

10. Red Hat

Can't SSH - Connection reset by Peer

Hi Guys, I can't SSH to a remote system - connection reset by peer..any ideas ? -The Source is Linux, the Remote is Windows -The remote has OpenSSH running on Port 22 - Telnet confirms port is open -User1 has a RSA2 Key (2048) key, which is capture in the 1010101-pub.key specified by the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: stevie_velvet
1 Replies
bup-ftp(1)						      General Commands Manual							bup-ftp(1)

NAME
bup-web - Start web server to browse bup repositiory SYNOPSIS
bup web [[hostname]:port] DESCRIPTION
bup web starts a web server that can browse bup repositories. The file hierarchy is the same as that shown by bup-fuse(1), bup-ls(1) and bup-ftp(1). hostname and port default to 127.0.0.1 and 8080, respectively, and hence bup web will only offer up the web server to locally running clients. If you'd like to expose the web server to anyone on your network (dangerous!) you can omit the bind address to bind to all avail- able interfaces: :8080. EXAMPLE
$ bup web Serving HTTP on 127.0.0.1:8080... ^C $ bup web :8080 Serving HTTP on 0.0.0.0:8080... ^C SEE ALSO
bup-fuse(1), bup-ls(1), bup-ftp(1), bup-restore(1) BUP
Part of the bup(1) suite. AUTHORS
Joe Beda <jbeda@gmail.com>. Bup unknown- bup-ftp(1)