Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Update Solaris patch
Operating Systems Solaris Update Solaris patch Post 302390468 by SmartAntz on Thursday 28th of January 2010 04:28:00 AM
Old 01-28-2010
Update Solaris patch

Hi All

I had update the solaris version, and now wish to update the patch.
but when i check my patch version, i cant find any version for that.
any idea?

Code:
root@leo # showrev
Hostname: leo
Hostid: 839b58a3
Release: 5.10
Kernel architecture: sun4u
Application architecture: sparc
Hardware provider: Sun_Microsystems
Domain: 
Kernel version: SunOS 5.10 Generic

root@leo # uname -a
SunOS leo 5.10 Generic sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-V490

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

patch update instructions

Hi All, I need to update my solaris with a particular patch. When reading the instruction on the sun web site, I got this: Installation Requirements: Reboot immediately after installing this patch on an active boot environment to bring the system to a consistent state. An alternative may... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
8 Replies

2. Solaris

patch update and break mirror

Hi All, How do you know if you need to break the mirror on solaris 8 patch update? Here's the patch example, 117350-54. On the site, it's just a low type update and not a medium or critical. Is breaking a mirror a best practice only or really a requirement to some patch? Thanks, itik (1 Reply)
1 Replies

3. Solaris

patch update with single user mode

Hi All, How do I execute patch update on a single user mode? Please give me the steps by step procedures? Is single user mode the same as run level 1? Thanks. (2 Replies)
2 Replies

4. High Performance Computing

verify patch update

Hi All, If I need to verify my solaris 8 with patch 110910-03 and I query the server below: #showrev -p | grep 'Patch: 110910-' Patch: 110910-01 Obsoletes: Requires: Incompatibles: Packages: SUNWcsu Do I still need to apply the patch if the older 110910-01 patch exist? Please... (5 Replies)
5 Replies

5. Linux

kernel patch update how to

Hi All, I need to update my redhatas4 kernel with kernel-2.6.9-67.0.20.EL.src.rpm. When I run this # rpm -ivh kernel-2.6.9-67.0.20.EL.src.rpm warning: user brewbuilder does not exist - using root warning: group brewbuilder does not exist - using root warning: user brewbuilder does... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

6. High Performance Computing

veritas cluster with kernel patch update

hi all, can someone please share their process on how to kernel patch a red hat ent 4 with veritas cluster 5? it's compose of a primary and backup node. the resources are db, disk, nic. it doesn't need to be detail, just give me the steps like: login to the backup node and update the... (0 Replies)
0 Replies

7. Solaris

sendmail failed after patch update

Hi, I was troubleshooting H/W issue on a Ultra 5 workstation, whereby the system kept rebooting. In the course of isolating the issue, I patched the system with the latest Recommended cluster patch for solaris 7. SInce then, sendmail is not working and am getting the following errors. Kindly check... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: incredible
6 Replies

8. Solaris

Patch update on sunfire 280R sparc for solaris 5.9

Hi, i just finished installing solaris 5.9 and I'm looking for the tools to tell me if i should update the patches or how to make sure that the current patches are ok? thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lamoul
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris 10 10/09 (Update 8) Patch upgrade

Solaris 10 10/09 (Update 8) Patch upgrade can be done in single user mode? any suggestions.. thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chandravadrevu
2 Replies
sane-leo(5)							File Formats Manual						       sane-leo(5)

NAME
sane-leo - SANE backend for LEO Technologies scanners DESCRIPTION
The sane-leo library implements a SANE (Scanner Access Now Easy) backend that provides access to some LEO SCSI flatbed scanners. This back- end should be considered beta-quality software! LEO scanners were also sold under the Across Technologies brand. The scanners that should work with this backend are: Vendor Model status ---------------------- ----------- Across FS-1130 tested Leo S3 tested The options the backend supports can either be selected through command line options to programs like scanimage or through GUI elements in xscanimage or xsane. If you have any strange behavior, please report to the backend maintainer or to the SANE mailing list. Valid command line options and their syntax can be listed by using scanimage --help -d leo Scan Mode --mode selects the basic mode of operation of the scanner valid choices are Black & White , Grayscale and Color The Black & White mode is black and white only (1 bit). Grayscale will produce 256 levels of gray (8 bits). Color will produce a 24 bits color image. --resolution selects the resolution for a scan. The scanner can do all resolutions between 1 and 300, in increments of 1. Geometry options -l -t -x -y control the scan area: -l sets the top left x coordinate, -t the top left y coordinate, -x selects the width and -y the height of the scan area. All parameters are specified in millimeters by default. Enhancement options --custom-gamma (grayscale and color mode only) allows the user to specify a gamma table (see the next 3 parameters). --red-gamma-table (color mode only) can be used to download a user defined gamma table for the red channel. The table must be 256 bytes long. --green-gamma-table (color mode only) can be used to download a user defined gamma table for the green channel. The table must be 256 bytes long. --blue-gamma-table (color mode only) can be used to download a user defined gamma table for the blue channel. The table must be 256 bytes long. --halftone (Black & White only) select the halftone mask to use. Possible values are Diamond , 8x8 Coarse Fatting , 8x8 Fine Fatting , 8x8 Bayer and 8x8 Vertical Line --preview requests a preview scan. The resolution used for that scan is 28 dpi and the scan area is the maximum allowed. The scan mode is user selected. The default is "no". CONFIGURATION FILE
The configuration file /etc/sane.d/leo.conf supports only one information: the device name to use (eg /dev/scanner). FILES
/usr/lib/sane/libsane-leo.a The static library implementing this backend. /usr/lib/sane/libsane-leo.so The shared library implementing this backend (present on systems that support dynamic loading). ENVIRONMENT
SANE_DEBUG_LEO If the library was compiled with debug support enabled, this environment variable controls the debug level for this backend. E.g., a value of 128 requests all debug output to be printed. Smaller levels reduce verbosity. LIMITATIONS
The windows TWAIN driver has many more options than this SANE backend. However they are only software adjustments. This backend only imple- ments what the scanner can support. BUGS
None known. SEE ALSO
sane-scsi(5), scanimage(1), xscanimage(1), xsane(1), sane(7) AUTHOR
The package is actively maintained by Frank Zago. http://fz.eryx.net/sane/#leo 16 April 2002 sane-leo(5)