Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking How to find the IP address of a computer that I am connected to? Post 302390070 by tejji on Tuesday 26th of January 2010 11:05:35 PM
Old 01-27-2010
You can try my ip and mac address to detect you ip and mac address. see if that helps you.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to find i.p address of our server

I don't have root access. How do I find i.p address of our sun server? Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vpotluri
4 Replies

2. IP Networking

find computer names from IP addresses?

Arright, here's what I'm trying to do. I want to dig up currently active IP addresses on my subnet, and my present strategy is to ping every address until I find active ones, then ping them more often to verify their status. Next, I want to find the names of the computers associated with those... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sladuuch
1 Replies

3. HP-UX

how to find the IP address of a printer

I'm trying to find the IP address of a print queue. I tried this, but nada. cat /etc/hosts | lp -d lp01 Looked in the hosts file but it's not there (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abNORMal
2 Replies

4. OS X (Apple)

Getting the External IP Address of your Computer and Storing it in a File

My computer is one of three computer on our LAN. Our router is a Time Capsule. My computer is the only of of three computers that has been assigned a static IP address on the LAN, because it runs an Apache installation. I tinker around with web development from time to time, and I wanted to be... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Audacitor
7 Replies

5. OS X (Apple)

Where do I find my mac that is connected via Firewire in Terminal application?

I have my iMac and MB pro connected by firewire. I can see the connection in the finderwindow, but can't locate the machines in terminal. Can someone help me? I do most of my work in Terminal and would like to move/copy files from one machine to another like that -- I could have sworn I was able... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Straitsfan
4 Replies

6. Hardware

Trying to find a compatible OS for an old computer

Hello A friend and I recently got our hands on an old computer (a rainbow '83 I think), cleaned it, etc... And now we're trying to get the thing running. The problem is that the included OS is badly documented, so I thought of installing an old version of UNIX on it. So the questions are: Is that... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ijiboom
8 Replies

7. Red Hat

Find Computer Location

Hi, there, How to know location of a computer where its IP Address and Computer name is known? tx (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: budiantho_indra
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to Find another IP address

Hi Guys, I want to find another(Local host) machine IP address from my machine.. We are all connected in the same server, I mean same LAN. What i done is Connected with that user machine using SSH and SU.. After that i used IFCONFIG but it shows my Ip address. Can not able to get the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Adhi
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to find available IP address

Hi, I am trying to write a script that will check all used IP on the server and then print me an addressees that are not in use. Problem is in comparing two variables #!/bin/bash NETSTAT=$(netstat -ntp | awk '{ print $4 }' | grep -v "127.0.0.1" | cut -d ":" -f1 | grep "^"|sort | uniq )... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nemesis911
6 Replies
bt-input(1)							    bluez-tools 						       bt-input(1)

NAME
bt-input - a bluetooth input manager SYNOPSIS
bt-input [OPTION...] Help Options: -h, --help Application Options: -a, --adapter=<name|mac> -c, --connect=<name|mac> -d, --disconnect=<name|mac> DESCRIPTION
This utility is used to manage outgoing input (HID) service connections. OPTIONS
-h, --help Show help -a, --adapter <name|mac> Specify adapter to use by his Name or MAC address (if this option does not defined - default adapter used) -c, --connect <name|mac> Connect to the input device -d, --disconnect <name|mac> Disconnect from the input device AUTHOR
Alexander Orlenko <zxteam@gmail.com>. SEE ALSO
bt-adapter(1) bt-agent(1) bt-audio(1) bt-device(1) bt-monitor(1) bt-network(1) bt-serial(1) 2010-08-11 bt-input(1)