Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Extract substring from a string Post 302371087 by jadoo_c2 on Friday 13th of November 2009 10:12:05 AM
Old 11-13-2009
i don't know how many word it contains, i mean to say this "string" is fetched from database, now i don't know how many word there. Like some time it may contain only 2 word some time 7, meaning to say we don;t know how many word are there.

i think now you got my problem, still not then please let me know

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

command/script to extract a substring from a string

I have a long string "<ID type="Oid">{}</ID>" I need to extract "GigabitEthernet0/1" from the above string. How can it be done? :) (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: girisha
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using Awk in shell script to extract an index of a substring from a parent string

Hi All, I am new to this shell scripting world. Struck up with a problem, can anyone of you please pull me out of this. Requirement : Need to get the index of a substring from a parent string Eg : index("Sandy","dy") should return 4 or 3. My Approach : I used Awk function index to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandeepms17
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed extract substring on (OS X)

On OS 10.4.11 I have filenames like: 670711 SA T2 v1-1_DS_EF.doc CT_670520 AM T1 v1-2_DS_EF.doc CT_670716 - 2 SA T4 v1-2_DS_EF.doc CT_670713 SA T3 v1-1_DS_EF.doc 670421 PA DYP1 v1-1_DS_EF.doc CT_670425 PA DYP2 v1-1_DS_EF.doc CT_670107 RA T3 v1-2_DS_EF.doc CT_670521 AM T2 v1-2_DS_EF.doc... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mlommel
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Help... to extract the substring

> tnsping $TWO_TASK | grep HOST Attempting to contact (DESCRIPTION = (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = 10.12.10.212)(PORT = 1540)) (CONNECT_DATA = (SERVER = DEDICATED) (SERVICE_NAME = OMTST15))) I want to extract like this HOST = 10.12.10.212 PORT = 1540 SERVICE_NAME = OMTST15 I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dashok.83
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract a substring.

I have a shell script that uses wget to grab a bunch of html from a url. URL_DATA=`wget -qO - "$URL1"` I now have a string $URL_DATA that I need to pull a substring out of..say I had the following in my string <p><a href="/scooby/929011567.html">Dog pictures check them out! -</a><font... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shellpower
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extract substring of unknown length from string

I have a string: hgLogOutput=" +0000 files: forum/web/hook-test.txt /forum/web/hook-test-2.txt description: test" and I want to extract the file names from it, they will always appear between the files: and the description:. I have worked out that I can do this: "$hgLogOutput" | awk '{... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: klogger
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract a string up to the first occurence of a substring

Hi, I'm a newbie to shell scripting and have searched the forum but couldn't find what i was looking for. Basically I have a list of filenames like... 123-fileone.txt I want to be able to extract the prefix up to the first '-'. So I'd end up with 123. I have attempted it using a pretty... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kirkg
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract a substring from a string

Hi, I have an input string say for example: ABC,DEF,IJK,LMN,...,XYZ The above string is comma delimited. Now I have to extract the last part after the comma i.e. XYZ. :b: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bghosh
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract substring in a file

Hello, A question please. A have a file that contains a string. Ex: AAAABBCCCCCDDEEEEEEEEEEFF I'd want to recover 2 substrings, 'BB' and 'FF' and then leave them in a new file. Could anoyone help me please? Thanks in advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nolo41
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract a substring from a file

Hello, A question please. A have a file that contains a string. Ex: AAAABBCCCCCDDEEEEEEEEEEFF I'd want to recover 2 substrings, 'BB' and 'FF' and then leave them in a new file. From position 5, 2 caracters (ex:"BB") and from position 25, 2 caracters (ex:"FF") in a file. Could anoyone help me... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nolo41
3 Replies
AGE(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						    AGE(4)

NAME
age -- Attansic L1 10/100/Gigabit Ethernet device SYNOPSIS
age* at pci? atphy* at mii? DESCRIPTION
The age driver provides support for Ethernet interfaces based on the Attansic L1 Ethernet chipset. The age driver supports IPv4 receive IP/TCP/UDP checksum offload and VLAN tag insertion and stripping. The following media types are supported: autoselect Enable autoselection of the media type and options. 10baseT Set 10Mbps operation. 100baseTX Set 100Mbps (Fast Ethernet) operation. 1000baseT Set 1000Mbps (Gigabit Ethernet) operation. For more information on configuring this device, see ifconfig(8). To view a list of media types and options supported by the card, try ifconfig <device> media. For example, ifconfig age0 media. SEE ALSO
arp(4), atphy(4), ifmedia(4), intro(4), netintro(4), pci(4), ifconfig(8) HISTORY
The age device driver first appeared in OpenBSD 4.5. It was then ported to NetBSD 5.1. AUTHORS
The age driver was written by Pyun YongHyeon for FreeBSD, ported to OpenBSD by Kevin Lo <kevlo@OpenBSD.org> then ported to NetBSD by Christoph Egger <cegger@NetBSD.org>. BSD
May 5, 2009 BSD