Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications KVPNC destroys internet connection Post 302307992 by Corona688 on Thursday 16th of April 2009 07:05:54 PM
Old 04-16-2009
The outputs of ifconfig -a and route -n when your connection is broken would be useful.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

setup internet connection

HI.. i was wondering if someone out there can help me setup my internet connection.... i have no clue how to set it up.. could you please tell me step by step how to set it up.. i have a static ip, im using a cable modem to connect. my os is solaris 8. Please email me at lil_souldier@hotmail.com... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: souldier
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

setting up internet connection!!

HI unix guru.. i need your help again.. i tring to setup my sun box for internet connection, i am using @home cable service i have 8 pc running different operating systems. every other computer can go online but this sun box for some reason alway give me and error, i enter my ip address... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: souldier
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Internet Connection via Lan

I have a sun wokstation running solaris 9 , I want to configuring my lan card to access internet . my IP address : 192.168.144.20 ISP gateway : 192.168.144.1 DNS address : 202.56.250.5 all helps will be appreciated thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: una
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

solaris internet connection

Hi everyone, I just installed Solaris 10 in my PC. However, once I finished installing it, I lost my internet connection. When I switch to windows, the internet can run smoothly. Does anyone know how to set up internet connection in Solaris ? I am so sorry, I am new in UNIX (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: qqq
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Connection of SUN to internet and to PC

Hi, 1)If someone could help me out that how could i connect to internet. Below is the system specification, and i have dial up connection. Sun UltraSPARC-IIi 270MHz processor 256 MB memory 8.4 GB HDD 100/10BaseT Ethernet CD-ROM drive 3.5" Floppy drive 2)Also, how to connect Sun to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: younics
0 Replies

6. Linux

setting up internet connection

I'm having fedora core4.I have a ADSL modem and can access through Windows.I tried setting up internet connection in linux using setup command and netconfig,but doesn't work. can anybody help me with the steps in detail.also can i use the same ip address as in windows? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: laddu
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

RHEL Internet connection

Hi all :) I got a problem that I need to solve here, its kinda confusing me. I got servers which is RHEL that its not supposed to connect to internet, but right now I want this server to connect to internet, so firewall and everything already open. but I have no idea why it still unable to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: flekzout
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

check Internet connection?

I am using SUSE OS and want to check internet connection... I have tried: ping -c3 google.com The output i have got is: Unknown host google.com does it means that i do not have Internet connection?? Or please help me with any Command to find Internet connection? Thanks for any help. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: salil2012
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Internet connection

I got solaris 10 works, but I cannot set up my internet connection. When I ping a website and i open the web browser, it doesn't work. When the installation asked 'Am I in a network?' i answerd 'no'. I think this is my minstake. How can i get Internet, now? I have a ADSL modem (not router).... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mghis
5 Replies

10. IP Networking

Sharing internet connection

Hello all, Recently took a dive into Unix using Fedora 12 atm. I have cable modem with DHCP and a linksys 8 port router. With windows I was able to simple use the uplink port and plug each computer into the switch and use the internet connection. Having no luck doing the same in Unix. I have... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fingerz
0 Replies
uucico(1M)																uucico(1M)

NAME
uucico - transfer files for the uucp system SYNOPSIS
system debug_level] spool_directory] debug_level] spool_directory] Remarks The commands, including are targeted for removal from HP-UX; see the section below. DESCRIPTION
scans the directories for work files. If such files exist, a connection to a remote system is attempted using the line protocol for the remote system specified in file then executes all requests for work and logs the results. Options recognizes the following options: Start in the MASTER mode. The default is SLAVE mode. Do work only for the system specified by system. If there is no work for system on the local spool directory, initiate a connection to system to determine if system has work for the local system. This option must be used if is specified. Search directory spool_directory instead of the default spool directories (usually Use debugging option. debug_level is an integer in the range 1 through 9. More debugging information is given for larger values of debug_level. is usually started by a local program such as or (see cron(1M), uucp(1), and uuxqt(1M)). Only when debugging should a user initiate directly. When started by a local program, is considered the MASTER and attempts a connection to a remote system. If is started by a remote system, it is considered to be in SLAVE mode. For the connection to a remote system to be successful, there must be an entry in the file on the remote system of the form: WARNINGS
Use of commands, including is discouraged because they are targeted for removal from HP-UX. Use ftp(1) or rcp(1) instead. FILES
SEE ALSO
uucp(1), uustat(1), uux(1), cron(1M), uusched(1M). O'Reilly & Associates, Inc. USA. O'Reilly & Associates, Inc. USA. TO BE OBSOLETED
uucico(1M)