Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting need to have a cronjob which will execute certain scripts every hr Post 302295346 by aemunathan on Saturday 7th of March 2009 02:02:56 PM
Old 03-07-2009
Hi

Am trying to connect to oracle db like ....

created one script file like connect.sh which contains
Code:
#!/bin/bash
cd /u01/app/oracle/product/9.2.0/bin/
sqlplus -l xxx/xxxx@yyy <<EOF
select distinct application_code from event_service;
exit
eof

if i execute this by ./connect.sh it works fine

but when i added this in to the crontab...it throws some error

crontab file entry
Code:
15 * * * * /aemu/connect.sh > /aemu/logs.txt 2>&1

it is not storing the output to the file name logs.txt as well

under /var/mail am seeing some mails related to this....

Code:
Date: Sat, 7 Mar 2009 22:45:00 +0530 (IST)
Message-Id: <200903071715.n27HF0Yv002256@ss.com>
To: root@ss.com
Subject: Output from "cron" command
Content-Type: text
Content-Length: 141

Your "cron" job on rtmssrv1
/aemu/connect.sh > /aemu/logs.txt

produced the following output:

/aemu/connect.sh: sqlplus: command not found

can anyone help me out to find the errors

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to execute 2 scripts, wait, execute 2 more wait, till end of file

:cool: I need to execute a shell script to do the following: cat a file run two back ground processes using the first two values from the file wait till those background processes finish run two more background processes using the next two values from the file wait till those background... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: halo98
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running scripts through cronjob.

Hello everybody, I'm trying to run a shell script in crontab file. But anyhow it's not getting executed. Following is the command that I've used in crontab. 30 07 * * * . ./.cronprofile;/om/reports/reportscripts/jitu/prod/prd_pre_to_post.sh 35 11 * * * .... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jitu.jk
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check a condition in cronjob to execute a sh file

Hi, I need to execute a crontab based on a condition where one SH file should be executed only based on the output of a file in a folder. I have written the following cron job which is not working. 00 01 * * * read a < /px/batch/reslut.txt && && sh /px/batch/check.sh where my... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shanth_chandra
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to execute cronjob running in a different machine?

Hi, I am developing 1 script in which I need to execute one cron job running in different server and my script is in different server. so can any one help me to execute the cronjob set in different server. Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mridul10_crj
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute Shell Script from CRONJOB

Hi Users, I am Newbie to linux and cron. I have a requirement to run a job at 8 AM every Sunday. I am using RHEL 5. Based on the hints through google search I created crontab and added entry to call the shell script which will in turn login to Oracle user and execute a pl/sql block. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: reachravi70
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

expect telnet script execute by cronjob

hi, please help, keep getting this bolded error and look it up and people say its your environment variable though i tried to set it manually in expect..it run fine if i run it manually but once i run it by cronjob it error below..i tried to comment out ip/login info with *.. logfile:: START... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cssanangeles
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cronjob to be execute today at 9pm

HI Folks, Sorry for this basic confusion but please help me. i want to execute one script at 9pm today. i want make this as schedule so it can execute automatically. So am doing like this. 21 10 24 4 <here what can i keep) /tmp/stemp/testcron.ksh Can you please help on this? ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolboy98699
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to execute glance from cronjob

Hi I am writing a script to get the CPU and memory utilization periodically from glance command. Wrote a script which consists of below two lines Script name : Utilization.sh #!/bin/sh glance -iterations 1 | sed -n '/Util/p/'| awk '!/Disk/'| awk '!/Swap/' >> file.txt I am able to run the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shravani
5 Replies

9. AIX

Need ./ to execute scripts

Hi, I am really sorry for this question but still i am confused. I have shell script called sample.sh I can execute only with the combination of ./sample.sh Is ./ really necessary ? Is it something related with $HOME or $PATH variable. Why and How can i resolve this case ? ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nandy
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Execute Ubuntu 14.04 cronjob as non-root

I have created a cronjob that successfully executes and among other thing runs aria2c to download several files and save them to a folder. However, since it executes as sudo, the downloaded folder is saved with those permissions. Is there a way to execute the cronjob so that the downloaded folder... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
4 Replies
AT(1)							      General Commands Manual							     AT(1)

NAME
at - execute commands at a later time SYNOPSIS
at [ -c ] [ -s ] [ -m ] time [ day ] [ file ] DESCRIPTION
At spools away a copy of the named file to be used as input to sh(1) or csh(1). If the -c flag (for (csh(1))) or the -s flag (for (sh(1))) is specified, then that shell will be used to execute the job; if no shell is specified, the current environment shell is used. If no file name is specified, at prompts for commands from standard input until a ^D is typed. If the -m flag is specified, mail will be sent to the user after the job has been run. If errors occur during execution of the job, then a copy of the error diagnostics will be sent to the user. If no errors occur, then a short message is sent informing the user that no errors occurred. The format of the spool file is as follows: A four line header that includes the owner of the job, the name of the job, the shell used to run the job, and whether mail will be set after the job is executed. The header is followed by a cd command to the current directory and a umask command to set the modes on any files created by the job. Then at copies all relevant environment variables to the spool file. When the script is run, it uses the user and group ID of the creator of the spool file. The time is 1 to 4 digits, with an optional following `A', `P', `N' or `M' for AM, PM, noon or midnight. One and two digit numbers are taken to be hours, three and four digits to be hours and minutes. If no letters follow the digits, a 24 hour clock time is understood. The optional day is either (1) a month name followed by a day number, or (2) a day of the week; if the word `week' follows, invocation is moved seven days further off. Names of months and days may be recognizably truncated. Examples of legitimate commands are at 8am jan 24 at -c -m 1530 fr week at -s -m 1200n week At programs are executed by periodic execution of the command /usr/libexec/atrun from cron(8). The granularity of at depends upon the how often atrun is executed. Error output is lost unless redirected or the -m flag is requested, in which case a copy of the errors is sent to the user via mail(1). FILES
/usr/spool/at spooling area /usr/spool/at/yy.ddd.hhhh.* job file /usr/spool/at/past directory where jobs are executed from /usr/spool/at/lasttimedone last time atrun was run /usr/libexec/atrun executor (run by cron(8)) SEE ALSO
atq(1), atrm(1), calendar(1), sleep(1), cron(8) DIAGNOSTICS
Complains about various syntax errors and times out of range. BUGS
Due to the granularity of the execution of /usr/libexec/atrun, there may be bugs in scheduling things almost exactly 24 hours into the future. If the system crashes, mail is not sent to the user informing them that the job was not completed. Sometimes old spool files are not removed from the directory /usr/spool/at/past. This is usually due to a system crash, and requires that they be removed by hand. 4th Berkeley Distribution October 21, 1996 AT(1)