Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Problems with Internet setup
Special Forums IP Networking Problems with Internet setup Post 302290528 by mojoman on Monday 23rd of February 2009 02:04:10 PM
Old 02-23-2009
Okay I know the problem I think

In ifconfig, two virtual ports etho:2 and etho:3 are being shown. THey have the wrong IP address. How can I change them?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

setup internet connection

HI.. i was wondering if someone out there can help me setup my internet connection.... i have no clue how to set it up.. could you please tell me step by step how to set it up.. i have a static ip, im using a cable modem to connect. my os is solaris 8. Please email me at lil_souldier@hotmail.com... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: souldier
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problems with Apache setup

I downloaded Apache 1.3.27.tar.gz into my SCO u/install directory. However, to begin with, I couldn't untar the file using the " tar xvf apache-1.3.27.tar.gz" command, so I used winzip from a windows computer on our network. Winzip untarred the file and I transferred the files to the SCO... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cstovall
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problems with Apache setup

I posted a problem with the forum on 11/18/02. Unfortunately, I have been out of town. Today is the first chance I've had to try the suggestions that were made. Here is the output from the ls -l configure* command: -rw-r--r-- 1root sys 58230 May 21 2002 configure When I type " sh... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cstovall
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Internet setup on solaris10

Hi all, Can anyone please tell me how to setup internet on solaris10, b72? I own an airtel broadband, with a beetel 220BXI modem. I am new to solaris so was wondering as to how it can be done? Thanks (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: wrapster
23 Replies

5. Red Hat

problems with internet connectivity

I had a strange problem.Recently, I virtualized my RHEL 5 system by installing Fedora 8 as guest operating system. The installation went fine. But, after installation my internet connection stopped working. Any suggestions?. I was on TataIndicom wireless USB modem. I haven't had any problems with... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaghelp323
3 Replies

6. Solaris

internet setup for solaris on x86 platform

Hi all, i have configured my solaris 5 .10 for internet connection by editing the files /etc/hosts/,/etc/resolve.config,/etc/defalutrouter and nsswitchconfig . during installation i was not requested for ip adddress even i plugged network cable. am i need to install any network card... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: srikanthg
2 Replies

7. SCO

problems with ftp without internet

Dear Friends, I have the following problem, when there is no internet does not work the ftp to the server, with the local network use a router for dhcp SCO OpenServer 6.0 terminals with windows 7 ftp client ftplite and also use ftp from ms-dos to do? regards (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Edgar Guevara
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris 10 internet connection setup

I have a solaris 10 on my laptop. I want to let my internet work. Command: ifconfig -a Return: lo: ... e1000g0: ... I dont know what else to setup so when I open firefox, I have access to internet. Can anyone show me how to do the setting? Thanks a lot. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dbahaha
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Internet setup on Solaris 10

Hi all, I have setup Solaris 10 OS on my home Sparc (Blade 1500) box. I also setup CDE (Common Desktop Environment). The box has Network card with 6 connections available for Internet, So I hooked up a hard-wired link from my router to the first slot. The light is green on both ends. Now, how... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: steve701
2 Replies

10. Red Hat

What is command to setup sofware in redhat over internet

Hi all, I setup redhat in VMware and I connected to internet, so I want setup sofware for redhat over internet what is command I used ? Are you understand my question, my ability of english is not good, such as I want setup dhcp packet I must used a command ? (yum... or...apt-get...or rpm... ?... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ilinux9
4 Replies
TCP(4P) 																   TCP(4P)

NAME
tcp - Internet Transmission Control Protocol SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/socket.h> #include <netinet/in.h> s = socket(AF_INET, SOCK_STREAM, 0); DESCRIPTION
The TCP protocol provides reliable, flow-controlled, two-way transmission of data. It is a byte-stream protocol used to support the SOCK_STREAM abstraction. TCP uses the standard Internet address format and, in addition, provides a per-host collection of "port addresses". Thus, each address is composed of an Internet address specifying the host and network, with a specific TCP port on the host identifying the peer entity. Sockets utilizing the tcp protocol are either "active" or "passive". Active sockets initiate connections to passive sockets. By default TCP sockets are created active; to create a passive socket the listen(2) system call must be used after binding the socket with the bind(2) system call. Only passive sockets may use the accept(2) call to accept incoming connections. Only active sockets may use the connect(2) call to initiate connections. Passive sockets may "underspecify" their location to match incoming connection requests from multiple networks. This technique, termed "wildcard addressing", allows a single server to provide service to clients on multiple networks. To create a socket which listens on all networks, the Internet address INADDR_ANY must be bound. The TCP port may still be specified at this time; if the port is not specified the system will assign one. Once a connection has been established the socket's address is fixed by the peer entity's location. The address assigned the socket is the address associated with the network interface through which packets are being transmitted and received. Normally this address corresponds to the peer entity's network. TCP supports one socket option which is set with setsockopt(2) and tested with getsockopt(2). Under most circumstances, TCP sends data when it is presented; when outstanding data has not yet been acknowledged, it gathers small amounts of output to be sent in a single packet once an acknowledgement is received. For a small number of clients, such as window systems that send a stream of mouse events which receive no replies, this packetization may cause significant delays. Therefore, TCP provides a boolean option, TCP_NODELAY (from <netinet/tcp.h>, to defeat this algorithm. The option level for the setsockopt call is the protocol number for TCP, available from getpro- tobyname(3N). Options at the IP transport level may be used with TCP; see ip(4P). Incoming connection requests that are source-routed are noted, and the reverse source route is used in responding. DIAGNOSTICS
A socket operation may fail with one of the following errors returned: [EISCONN] when trying to establish a connection on a socket which already has one; [ENOBUFS] when the system runs out of memory for an internal data structure; [ETIMEDOUT] when a connection was dropped due to excessive retransmissions; [ECONNRESET] when the remote peer forces the connection to be closed; [ECONNREFUSED] when the remote peer actively refuses connection establishment (usually because no process is listening to the port); [EADDRINUSE] when an attempt is made to create a socket with a port which has already been allocated; [EADDRNOTAVAIL] when an attempt is made to create a socket with a network address for which no network interface exists. SEE ALSO
getsockopt(2), socket(2), intro(4N), inet(4F), ip(4P) 4.2 Berkeley Distribution May 16, 1986 TCP(4P)