Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Enable SMT
Operating Systems AIX Enable SMT Post 302229561 by shockneck on Wednesday 27th of August 2008 08:00:19 AM
Old 08-27-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by vjm
Hi ,

Its a p550 server and I have migrated that server to aix 5.3 ml 7 but still when i run smtctl is give error comand not found.
Check whether the fileset is installed.
Code:
(0)aix12i:/home/shockneck> which_fileset smtctl
/usr/sbin/smtctl                        bos.rte.methods 5.3.0.0
(0)aix12i:/home/shockneck>
(0)aix12i:/home/shockneck> lslpp -l bos.rte.methods
  Fileset                      Level  State      Description
  ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Path: /usr/lib/objrepos
  bos.rte.methods           5.3.0.62  COMMITTED  Device Config Methods
(0)aix12i:/home/shockneck>

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Smt

How do you turn SMT(symm multi threading).I think that is what it's called.:) TIA Mike (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcastill66
2 Replies

2. Solaris

How to enable rsh

HELP..... How to enable and disable RSH in solaris 8 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gini
4 Replies

3. HP-UX

Anything like AIX's SMT?

I'm working on a system to monitor a wide-range of Unix platforms, and I'd like to know if HP-UX has anything similar to AIX's SMT (simultaneous multithreading)? If there a way to separate an HP-UX CPU into multiple logical partitions which can then act as multiple CPUs? Thanks in advance, Dave (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: DaveZeltserman
0 Replies

4. Solaris

enable log

dear all i want to enable the below logs can you help me /var/adm/xferlog /var/spool/uucp/.Admin thanx you (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: murad.jaber
0 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

how do i enable messaging

hi guyz i work as a system administrator for some organization(am a newbie). one of the solaris machines is loaded with the messenger server...all configured by a former administrator. my task was to create user accounts for the mail and calendar services and as i checked its not working .....i... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: henokia4j
0 Replies

6. AIX

How to enable XDMCP?

Hello everyone, I installed AIX the other day (several times!) but I can't get XDMCP to work. I remember from when I installed it the last time it worked out of the box. So why doesn't it work now? This is the error message I get: XDMCP fatal error: Session failed Session 2 failed for... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kotzkroete
3 Replies

7. SCO

Auditing: how to enable?

edit: solution found Auditing Quick Start and Compatibility Notes (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Why cant I use enable command

Why can I not use the enable command? *sofiazoe* (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anglenasalt
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Enable lpfc changes!

Hi Folks! I am writing a script which changes lpfc.conf if there it has been setup on RHEL BOXes, do I need to put dracut -f for enabling it? I am not sure, Can someone help! (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nixhead
6 Replies

10. AIX

Shared-SMT-4 vs Dedicated-SMT-4 on capped LPAR

Hi, I have a POWER8 server running in Processor Implementation Mode: POWER 7. I have 2 LPAR's, both are capped with 4 cores. One of them displays: Shared-SMT-4 and the other: Dedicated-SMT-4 What is the difference when running in capped mode? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amitlib
1 Replies
FPA(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						    FPA(4)

NAME
fpa, fea, fta -- DEC FDDI interface driver SYNOPSIS
fpa* at pci? dev ? function ? fea* at eisa? slot ? alpha and pmax fta* at tc? slot ? offset ? DESCRIPTION
Cards supported by the fpa, fea and fta device driver are: DEFPA DEC PCI FDDI Controller DEFEA DEC EISA FDDI Controller DEFTA DEC TURBOchannel FDDI Controller respectively. All variants of either controller are supported including the DAS and SAS configurations. DIAGNOSTICS
fea%d: error: desired IRQ of %d does not match device's actual IRQ (%d) The device probe detected that the DEFEA board is configured for a different interrupt than the one specified in the kernel configuration file. fea%d: error: memory not enabled! ECU reconfiguration required The device probe found that no device memory had been configured on the DEFEA. The DEFEA can be configured with no device memory, this driver requires a minimum of 1K device memory be set up. The ECU (EISA Con- figuration Utility) will need to be run to change the settings. SEE ALSO
arp(4), netintro(4), ifconfig(8) AUTHORS
The fpa, fea and fta device driver and manual page were written by Matt Thomas. BUGS
Normally, the device driver will not enable the reception of SMT frames. However if the IFF_LINK1 flag is set, the device driver will enable the reception of SMT frames and pass them up to the Berkeley Packet Filter for processing. BSD
March 13, 1995 BSD