Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Suse 9.3 system rebooting automatically Post 302209126 by ilko_partizan on Thursday 26th of June 2008 02:38:54 AM
Old 06-26-2008
Memtest86

If You want test memory of your PC You have to burn CD/DVD with memtest86 software. When you have burned CD/DVD with memtest86
You have to boot PC from CD/DVD device and test will be started.

TIP:
Wait test to be loop more than 5 times.

Best regards,
Iliyan Varshilov

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Problems when rebooting the system

Hi ! I am working on a server. We have ABAQUS installed on it. I added a compiler to .env file and added usr/local...../IMSL/... to the path. Then i restarted the computer and I get this error: when I am doing interactive option (Red hat Lunix OS) Start service local Yes/no/Continue? no... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dsmv
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to handle system which become crash automatically

helo, suppose u have well build in product system which is build in linux o.s. now due to reason system automatically become crash(software crash),then how do u handle such crash. which is better way to handle such crash. amit (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitpansuria
0 Replies

3. Linux

Suse Linux System Crashed

Friends please let me know. How we can check the reason why system restarted automatically or rebooted. Suggest me some way other than messag log. Thankx Bryan (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bryanabhay
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Root file system automatically reduced from 90 to 40%

Greetings. i have solaris 9. I had a problem with root file system day before yesterday when it got 100% full, i reduced it to 90% but then after one day it was automatically reduced to 40%!!! no human intervention was done. no reboot done. Last time when i checked in proc FS there were a lot... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_os
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Send files automatically to a remote system

Greetings, basically what I want to do is take the standard error from a cron file and store it on a file in a remote host (from Solaris to Linux). I want to create a cron file to do this everyday or put it on a script that will send it everyday to the other system (that doesnt matter). Any ideas... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: picolin
2 Replies
mkcd(1M)						  System Administration Commands						  mkcd(1M)

NAME
mkcd - create bootable Solaris ISO image SYNOPSIS
/usr/bin/mkcd -v [-l label] media-root iso DESCRIPTION
The mkcd utility takes media-root (the root of an on-disk Solaris install media) as input and creates a bootable Solaris ISO image in the file iso, using mkisofs(8). The file can then be burned onto a CD/DVD with utilities such as cdrw(1) or cdrecord(1). (Neither mkisofs(8) nor cdrecord(1) are SunOS man pages.) Caution - The directory tree media-root must contain the file boot/grub/stage2_eltorito, which will be written to the media boot sectors. This file will be modified with some boot information, thus it must be writable. If necessary, first save a copy prior to running this utility. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -l label Sets label as the label/volume name of the ISO image. -v Verbose. Multiple -v options increase verbosity. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: media-root Top-level directory of an on-disk Solaris install media. iso Name of the output file which will contain the resulting ISO image. EXAMPLES
Example 1 Creating an ISO Image and Burning a CD/DVD The following commands create an ISO image from the content of s10u1 and burn the image to a CD/DVD. # /usr/bin/mkcd s10u1 s10u1.iso # /usr/bin/cdrw -i s10u1.iso ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Committed | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
cdrw(1), attributes(5) mkisofs(8), (/usr/share/man/man8/mkisofs.8), in the SUNWfsman package (not a SunOS man page) SunOS 5.11 25 Jul 2008 mkcd(1M)