Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Removing Logial Volume
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Removing Logial Volume Post 302157475 by Felix2511 on Friday 11th of January 2008 03:52:31 AM
Old 01-11-2008
I've found out what i'm doing wrong:
An application, DB2 in this case, was working on this volume so i can't remove it.
When i stopped DB2 database there was no problem to remove this lv.

Thank you.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Having problems with removing a volume group..

Dear all, I would be very grateful if you could help me with removing the volume group.. The case is that, I was trying to create a volume group with 4 disk eligible, but the system has hang .. Maybe because the disks that I was trying to include into the new volume group were of too large size... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dilshik
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

LVM - Extending Logical Volume within Volume Group

Hello, I have logical volume group of 50GB, in which I have 2 logical volumes, LogVol01 and LogVol02, both are of 10GB. If I extend LogVol01 further by 10GB, then it keeps the extended copy after logical volume 2. I want to know where it keeps this information Regards Himanshu (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ghimanshu
3 Replies

3. Solaris

How to resize mirror volume in veritas volume manager 3.5 on Solaris 9 OE

Hi all, I have a problem with vxvm volume which is mirror with two disks. when i am try to increase file system, it is throwing an ERROR: can not allocate 5083938 blocks, ERROR: can not able to run vxassist on this volume. Please find a sutable solutions. Thanks and Regards B. Nageswar... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nageswarb
0 Replies

4. AIX

Basic Filesystem / Physical Volume / Logical Volume Check

Hi! Can anyone help me on how I can do a basic check on the Unix filesystems / physical volumes and logical volumes? What items should I check, like where do I look at in smit? Or are there commands that I should execute? I need to do this as I was informed by IBM that there seems to be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chipahoys
1 Replies

5. Solaris

removing "/" file system from solaris volume

Hi all, I have created a volume for the root device as d0 and the sub mirror for same is d10. the output from metastat d0 is as below I want to clear these volume , as i cant unmount the "/ " file system , please suggest as how can i clear this. Also the required entries are there... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarmani
2 Replies

6. Solaris

removing the filesystem from Veritas Volume Manager

Hi All, recently i had the project. Got 2 server, one is Mercury, and another is Procyon. two server was attached to EMC Box and use the Veritas Filesystem. My question is, 1. Is it possible first remove the filesystem(/u03,/u04) from Veritas in Procyon, no effect on the data? we still... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: SmartAntz
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Confusion Regarding Physical Volume,Volume Group,Logical Volume,Physical partition

Hi, I am new to unix. I am working on Red Hat Linux and side by side on AIX also. After reading the concepts of Storage, I am now really confused regarding the terminologies 1)Physical Volume 2)Volume Group 3)Logical Volume 4)Physical Partition Please help me to understand these concepts. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kashifsd17
6 Replies

8. Red Hat

Removing LVM Volume Group that doesn't exist anymore

Our SAN administrator decided to unpresent then destroy LUN's we were actively using as a volume group (all PV's in said volume group). Now every time I do a pvscan or whatever it complains about I/O errors trying to access those PV's. How do I get it to forget the VG existed completely? vgreduce... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: thmnetwork
7 Replies

9. Red Hat

No space in volume group. How to create a file system using existing logical volume

Hello Guys, I want to create a file system dedicated for an application installation. But there is no space in volume group to create a new logical volume. There is enough space in other logical volume which is being mounted on /var. I know we can use that logical volume and create a virtual... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vamshigvk475
2 Replies

10. AIX

Trouble removing Physical Disk from Volume Group

I want to remove hdisk1 from volume group diskpool_4 and migrate PV from hdisk1 to hdisk2 , but facing problems, so what is the quickest way to migratepv and remove hdisk1 -- # lspv | grep diskpool_4 hdisk1 00c7780e2e21ec86 diskpool_4 active hdisk2 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
2 Replies
LVREMOVE(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       LVREMOVE(8)

NAME
lvremove - remove a logical volume SYNOPSIS
lvremove [-A|--autobackup {y|n}] [-d|--debug] [-h|--help] [-t|--test] [-v|--verbose] [--version] [-f|--force] [--noudevsync] LogicalVol- ume{Name|Path} [LogicalVolume{Name|Path}...] DESCRIPTION
lvremove removes one or more logical volumes. Confirmation will be requested before deactivating any active logical volume prior to removal. Logical volumes cannot be deactivated or removed while they are open (e.g. if they contain a mounted filesystem). Removing an origin logical volume will also remove all dependent snapshots. If the logical volume is clustered then it must be deactivated on all nodes in the cluster before it can be removed. A single lvchange com- mand issued from one node can do this. OPTIONS
See lvm(8) for common options. -f, --force Remove active logical volumes without confirmation. --noudevsync Disable udev synchronisation. The process will not wait for notification from udev. It will continue irrespective of any possible udev processing in the background. You should only use this if udev is not running or has rules that ignore the devices LVM2 cre- ates. EXAMPLES
Remove the active logical volume lvol1 in volume group vg00 without asking for confirmation: lvremove -f vg00/lvol1 Remove all logical volumes in volume group vg00: lvremove vg00 SEE ALSO
lvcreate(8), lvdisplay(8), lvchange(8), lvm(8), lvs(8), lvscan(8), vgremove(8) Sistina Software UK LVM TOOLS 2.02.95(2) (2012-03-06) LVREMOVE(8)